Daughter losing job

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5705 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I occasionally advice posters on here to search both ACAS and Direct.gov to seek advice re: employment probs, but i cant actually find the info' i need for my problem. I have read the insolvency info' but it doesnt list qualifying age groups.

My Daughter has worked at a store for 3years 9months, ( 17 months as an "official" employee, and the rest of the time as a "saturday" worker, although she did work occasionally on other days of the week ).

The store went into liquidation in May 2007, but was opened up again under a different name.

Today She was told that it may be going into liquidation ( or bankrupcy ) again, and has been told to wait for a phone call regards working tomorrow etc.

She has been told by her employer that she may need to get a form to fill in listing what wages, holiday pay etc she will be losing out on. Someone has also explained that she may get 12 weeks severance pay, but i don't think she will.

As i said at the start, i can't find the info' needed to help her so has anyone got any first hand knowledge ?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Baz

Edited by bazak1

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

In addition to the link above, this will also be useful for your daughter:

Your rights if your employer is insolvent : Directgov - Employment

Edited by Jimbo44
typo
  • Haha 1

Jimbo 44 - always happy to help, but always willing to learn from being corrected too!!! Whilst any advice given may be based upon personal experience, please always be sure you seek guidance from a professional in the particular field.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark, but a large group of professionals built the Titanic.

A 'click' on the scales is always appreciated if I have helped. Many Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for the links folks,

I've taken a look and it covers all the basic redundancy rules. The part i am very doubtful of is because she is only eighteen, can she claim her lost wages, holiday pay etc if the store does close. I know employees can claim 0.5 weeks wages under the age of twenty, but would the qualifying period of two years include her saturday work ?

Once again Thanks

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!