Urgent Advice Needed Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5670 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure if this is where I should post

Very, very long story, but I'll try to keep it as short as I can

In 2005 my Mum died, it hit me really bad, and I did some stupid things like take out loans and Credit Cards I couldn't afford.

In 2006 was taken to court over one loan, CCJ and payments set, paid two payments, then managed to sell my house. Enough equity to pay debts off, but as my User ID suggests Stupid!! didn't do that, instead brought another house for cash, and changed my name. Didn't hide name change was shown on Equifax and Experian, but anything that came through in my old name I returned as not at this address, see head firmly embedded all the way through to the Sahara!

A short while ago, an HCEO turned up at my house looking for me, I panicked and said Nope, not here, and off he went, see I just don't learn!!!

Anyway, after two years off hiding, and dreading the postman, I've had enough. OH telling me to sell and run, but I've had enough of running, and feeling sick all the time, time to face everything

Ok, so question is, what do I do now?

Know the HCEO is going to be back, have read on here not to let him in, but I know I'm going to lose my car as I nowhere to hide it, without letting all the neighbours know what is going on, I'm getting brave but not that brave!!

What is likely to happen, Know that if Balliff can't get in it them goes back to court, am I then looking at a charging order, forced to sell, or bankruptcy. The only asset I have is my house, which is enough to clear all debts, but then my kids will have nowhere to live. Not concerned about me, just don't want them to suffer for my stupidity. I know I have to pay these debts back, and I want to, just scared off the unknown

I know this is all my own doing, and I am truly sorry, but please could you help me, because at the moment the light at the end of the tunnel seems to be an oncoming train

Thank you

Hi, I am too new on here to offer any advice, however I do know no-one will judge you for what has happened.

Dont panic and I am sure someone more knowledgable will be along very soon to help !:)

• Haha 1

Hi Cosalt,

Thanks for that, was a bit worried about being judged, but at the end of the day, I've done a lot of bad things, so wouldn't be undeserved

Can't stop the panicking though

Anyone please :?

Sorry if I'm being impatient, but I really want to get this over and done with :( I know I've made mistakes, I would just like some help/advice on how to try and sort this out

Hi, Please dont keep putting yourself down, I dont think anyone on here is going to judge you, we all have enough of our own problems, so try to stay positive. First of all, what is (HCEO). Is this a debt collector and is it the car debt he is chasing and is the car on Hire Purchase? Please try and give more info about who your creditors are. Before revealing all to your creditors, remember there is a six year limitation rule which means that they are unenforceable if you have not admitted to the debt within the six years of the default of the debt. When we have more info, perhaps we can suggest a way forward.

No one here will judge you stupidlincs, we have all been there and this forum is littered with the t-shirts!

The swing lid "filing cabinet" in my kitchen recieved most of my letters until I became a member of this forum. It is a story that a lot of us have experienced.

More members will be along soon with some more appropriate information/advice when you have given more information as suggested by joblogs.

MONX

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

HCEO is a High Court Enforcement Officer, there is no debt secured on the car, but they can take it towards the debt

CCJ awarded in 2006 so definitely not Statute barred

What information do you need? Obviously not going to let the HCEO in, so when it goes back to court what happens next is my main worry

Thank you

Well, I tried

Thank you to those of you that have replied, Sorry if I haven't given enough info, but I don't know what to do

Hi, please dont give up, we are here to help you. Can you tell me what debt the HCEO is chasing you for, has it been to Court and do you have a CCJ for that debt? I understand from your previous post that it is not the CCJ you obtained via default. About your car, what is the value of it and I presume it is registered in your name. The registered keeper on the log book is not necessarily the legal owner. Also, are you on the electoral register?

Hi Joe, Thank you for replying :)

HCEO is chasing debt, CCJ obtained by default, as kept ignoring letters

Debt is to Screwfix, on CCJ it had "my name" and then trading as "my name", but I was never a business, just opened a self build account for a renovation I was doing

Book value of car is abt £1200, it's registered in my new name, not the name the debt is registered in. There is no HP on her, I am on the electoral roll in my new name, not the old one which has all the debts against it, it's all very confusing

I just want to get this straight in my head. HCEO is chasing a debt, has it been to Court as I thought the CCJ you mentioned earlier was not connected with HCEO or is it the same debt. Please just clarify this for me. Also how much is the debt for.

The debt that is being chased by the HCEO is the one that went to court and CCJ obtained by default, sorry for the confusion

Original credit limit was £750, but I dread to think about how much it is now, can't tell you, as I never opened the letters, so I don't even know which court it was done at, D'oh!

Well you have a choice here. You can either hold your hands up and try to come to some sort of payment arrangement with the Court, however, this may 'wake' up your other creditors. Also as you are on the electoral register your new name will be linked with your old name on your Credit File. Or you can choose not to renew your name on the electoral register and ask your postman to 'kill' the letters off as they are nothing to do with you. A family member of ours is a postman and is often asked to kill the mail off on his round - what they do is take it back to the sorting office and stamp it as 'gone away'. You should also not apply for credit for the next six years. The choice has to be yours.

Never been on the electoral register in my old name, old name is on Equifax, but the two credit files have not been linked yet, but I know it is only a matter of time.

Already have a bank account and card in new name, so too late for that, also in the process of applying for a self cert mortgage, which has been approved in principle, so I've got the money behind me to pay anyone else who comes knocking, I'd rather be mortgaged to the hilt, than lose my home

Don't want to hide anymore, dreading the post everyday, or a knock at the door, so it's got to be better that I face it now. How do I find out which court it's registrered at, and what can I do about it?

You could try contacting Northampton County Court, they are the main bulk centre clearing Court for creditors, phone and give them as much info as you can and hopefully they will be able to supply you with the info you need. Good luck with sorting this out, try and stay positive and strong headed, I am certain things will sort out for you.

Sorry to be a bit harsh, but there atre 17 posts here and no details of what the debts are!

In order to help, we need to know what the debts are for. You say one of the CCJ's is for screwfix, Do they have a enforceable credit agreement? Are there late charges or costs you can claim back?

What is the other CCJ for? Who from? How much?

The more info you give, laid out clearly, the more help you'll receive.

JOgs

Lol, don't worry about being harsh, bit new to all this

CCJ in 2006 has so far not turned up, so at the moment, rightly or wrongly, not going to go looking for it, as and when it does turn up, will deal with it

Default CCJ, is the one the HCEO is chasing for, is for Screwfix, which was a Self Build Credit Account, as for your other questions, I don't know if there are late costs, or a credit agreement, all letters got sent back or binned, how would I find out? Going to contact Northampton tomorrow, but should I phone Screwfix and ask them?

Hi StupidLincs

Where there is more than one debt owed it is a good idea to start a new thread for each debt and give as much information as possible about each debt on it's own thread.

It makes it much less confusing and you get a lot better advice as different types of debt can have very different types of advice/solutions.

:)

Default CCJ, is the one the HCEO is chasing for, is for Screwfix, which was a Self Build Credit Account, as for your other questions, I don't know if there are late costs, or a credit agreement, all letters got sent back or binned, how would I find out? Going to contact Northampton tomorrow, but should I phone Screwfix and ask them?

Hi StupidLincs

Don't worry it's easy to find it all very overwhelming to start with but it does get a lot easier I promise :)

Is the bit in the box above my text here everything you know about the alleged screwfix debt or did you add anything further up the post about it that isn't on this post, if so just add it in another post from you and it will show below this one.

Then it should look a little clearer to anyone who can help. :)

When you took out the screwfix, Self Build Credit Account did you sign any kind of credit agreement?

If you did, do you know the approx year you signed the it?

As suggested in post 17 you could try giving Northampton County court a call as they may be able to give you details of the CCJ or maybe a copy of any paperwork they may have....at least that may give you more information to work with.

Sorry to not be much help, i'm sure someone who knows more will be along soon aswell :)

I think there's two Courts in Northampton...I think the one you need to ring is 'Northampton County Court (County Court Bulk Centre)'

When you've rang the court post back here what they say, the staff there are usually really helpful.

In the meantime someone may be able to give you information about credit agreements made over the phone, as i'm not to sure about that.

It might be worth putting 'screwfix' in the search bit above these posts as other people may have been in the same situation with screwfix.

I'll have a look round aswell, if you have any more question just ask and someone will reply :)

Hi,

Have been trying to phone Northampton County Court all morning, but line is constantly engaged (Is this a sign I wonder, Lol)

Number I have is 0845 408 5302. Does anyone know any other numbers, or do I just keep trying?

Thank You

Woohoo!! Got through, BUT, lady I spoke to was very apologetic, but they haven't got the facilities to search through all their files.

Was all fired up, ready to sort things out, now feel a little deflated, Lol, think I need to get out more

So do I phone Screwfix, or wait for the bailiff to come back?