Received a Statutory Demand from Capquest ** WON + COSTS **

Dibsthefrenchie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4573 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for changing the Title, it's a pleasant sight!

The Judge looked at CapQuests statement and then asked me to address each of the points raised;

• Capquest purchased the debt from Capital One, I haven't had a copy of the Assignment: the Judge did not have one either!
  • I have received a copy of the Agreement: I have actually been sent a copy of the Application & post dated T&C's, the Judge checked the copies sent to the Court, exactly the same!
  • I have never requested a copy of the Agreement: I produced a copy of the letter requesting a copy of the agreement, and also the reply, the Judge was really not happy with the person who signed the statement on that one!
  • I refer to a copy of the signed Credit Agreement, and the highlighted part "We may transfer our rights and benefits under this agreement at any time: same answer as before, Assignment and the relevant T&C's might help!
  • I copied my defence from CAG: The Judge did not see the relevance of that one, and it did not require addressing.

The Judge set the SD aside, and I asked the Judge to consider my costs, they were granted.

So, thank you so much to 42man for all the advice, and to everyone for the help and support.

Tiglet, you were right, there really is nothing to fear in attending Court.

Dibs x

• Haha 1

Don't know if i'm coming or going!

Well done Dibs :D

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

The Judge did not seem happy with the accuracy of the statement from Capquest, and would have liked some questions answered, but of course they didn't attend.

I made a point of stating that it would appear the whole exercise was to intimidate me into paying, irrespective of the alleged debt being disputed!

Don't know if i'm coming or going!

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on your win.When i went to court with this lot i waited about 17 days and called them as they were in default or the costs order and told them.The lacky on the phone basicaly had no clue how to deal with it and asked me to send i in writing lol but i basicaly told them that the court had sent them a letter out lining the costs order and what had to be paid and i said that if it wasnt paid within 48 hours i would issue a warrant of execution for the court bailif to go in.So basicaly if you contact the court they will only send out a form for you to use the bailif on them and this proces can take a few weeks and it doesnt go before a judge at all tbh, if you want the money then give QC a shake over the phone and tell them straight.

Thanks for that. I'm tempted to contact their new business department and employ them to collect the debt for me, doubt they would see the funny side!

are they not a debt collector and is this not a debt?:D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

good evninig to al of u here i will be very gratefull if any one can advice me what to do i received a statutory demand under section 268(1)(a) of the insolvency act 1986 from cap quest in behalf of barclays bank plc. i took the loan in may 2002 after a couple of years me paying the regular payment by direct debt my financial situtation became very and i didnot make any payments for the past 4 and half years or so , is it true that any loan or credit cards prior to aprill 2007 not enforcable? and what i have to do with the statutory demands any advice much appreciated.

Edited by zozz

• 1 year later...

Hi

Capquest have gone a little quiet now so think it is about time you reported them to the OFT if you haven’t done so already.

Please bear in mind that the template letter on the first page of this thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...=1#post3422496

may not be suitable for all and you will have to adapt it to your own circumstances I.E

You applied to get it set aside and CQ didn't turn up

You applied and CQ agreed to discontinue

You ignored and CQ did nothing

Today the OFT set out some new guidance and sending SD's as a debt collection tool is now frowned upon.

If you want to read it, here's the link

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/consumer_leaflets/credit/OFT664Rev.pdf You can complain by email and the OFT will email you back a form to sign and post back to them for them to be able to add your complaint to their list.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/contactus;jses...1D83BF0004F6EA

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE