united utilities water and 1st Direct

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5650 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

United utils are using my name to pursue a bill at my old address -

I have sent them proof of this and am awaiting there reply.

In the mean time I have received threatening letters and incessant phone calls from thier debt collectors, 1st direct.

I have had to call Untd utils on numerous occasions to get this put right but its taking time.

Hopefully when this is cleared up I would like some kind of compensation for the time, effort and stress i have suffered during this time.

They say they got my name of an old neighbough - is this common I wonder??

A big hello from a new user!!!!

Hi and sorry it's taken so long for you to get a reply.

I'm afraid I can't actually help, but my post should bump you back up to the top of the thread and hopefully someone else will be along soon.

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

• 1 month later...

Hi. I have had quite a few dealings with UU and may be able to resolve your question. Yes, UU can obtain occupier details from next door neighbours, friends etc, they can accept any occupier information, and if it is incorrect then you would have to prove it if it was a debt outstanding for quite a long time, i.e council tax, or mortgage/solicitor letter or tenancy agreement. The compensation guidelines for UU are rather strict so if you never gave information that you were living at the property during the said time then you may not be liable, you would only be eligable if UU had fallen out of any of their timescales (all of which can be found on their standards of services on their website) or if you have recieved bad customer service at any point then it would be the standard £25 GSS payment but unfortunately not for you having to provide them the information. Sorry it may not be the answer you are looking for but if you can provide the relative information then they should amend the accounts and notify the debt agency, and once it has been corrected you should then be able to set up an affordable payment arrangement.