Help needed with a defence urgently.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5680 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It doesn`t, summons says.... Take notice that the hearing of this case has been adjourned to: Thursday 6th Nov @2.15 pm @Court address etc. As you have indicated that you wish to plead not guilty. You must attend and bring with you any witnesses you may wish to call. If you have instructed a solicitor you should advise him of the new hearing date. If you fail to attend the case may be dealt with in your absence. Signed Justice Clerk. Detach here and return to the above address as soon as possible. TVLA vs Myself case # Please complete and sign below before return. If your address has changed write your new address under your signature. I acknowledge receipt of your notice. I shall attend court on the date shown. I shall be calling ........ witnesses. Sig of defendant; date. Nothing else, and nothing on the other side. Only addition to this is a seperate peice of paper offering a translation service if needed.

I`m due in court on Nov 6th for TV licensing and need to enter a defence. I know i`ve left it late but have had so much other stuff going on lately. Can anyone please help with this.

What actually happened? Do you have a T.V and were you "caught" watching live broadcasts. If so, what evidence do TVL have?

Yes we have a TV but had not been watching it. Only evidence they have is that when tested the TV worked. TVL have sent me copies of something (really not sure what) that i think they intend to use in court. I have paperwork that i want to take into court with me, do i need to do anything specific with these, or just take them on the day?

Having a TV set that "works" is not an offence. It is only an offence if you watch or record live (or near live) broadcasts. This includes Sky and Digital TV channels. Did the TVL staff actually see a broadcast picture on your TV? Did they take a statement from you and if so, did they give you the proper PACE warning?

It might help if you can scan the paperwork and post here (personal details removed).

Yep i`m aware having a working TV isn`t an offence (but also that Buzby has seen people convicted of this). Yes the TVL chap did see a broadcast picture on the TV, but only cause he asked for it to be turned on, the TV had not been on for months otherwise. He took a statement and gave a caution.

Theres a back story to this which is a little long.

Won`t be able to get access to a scanner till tomorrow.