Rossendales debt collectors threatening to knock on my door what should i do

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5578 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I really hope someone can help me as i am really worrying now, i got a parking ticket of CARPARK MANAGEMENT also known as CPM and i believe they trade under a differnet name aswell about 4 months ago now for parking on a car park for 2 minutes, i actually saw a lad in trackies put the ticket on and run into a derelict building next door, this happened at LEIGH BOWLING ALLEY.

I rung them up appealing about the charge because i thought it was unfair and they told me to put it in writing, everytime i rung them they where very un proffesional and kept saying they would ring me bk and never did.

I stupidly put it in writing with my details on and they wrote bk saying no still got to pay charge and now great they had all my details cause it was on the letter now i realise why they got me to put it in writing.

Oh and also all he letters where just like anyone could do on the computer and looked like a made up company.

Now for the past 2 months i have been recieveing letters from ROSSENDALES DEBT COLLECTION saying it had been passed onto them, when i rung them i soon realised thet rossendales was in the same building as carpark management how conveniant, and i said i was appealing the charge and i wanted them to speak to cpm and they said they havent got a number anymore and we are dealing with it and you can pay £135 or your charge will just increase to £350 and you will face court charges, i told them where to go and put the phone down.

I have been ignoring all letters off them and they have also been ringong my mobile 4 to 5 times a day , and now i have recieved a letter saying a deby collector will now be coming to my door in the next few days to collect the money.

What should i do i am ****ting myself now, i have just been ignoring all letters and never answered phone calls, but what if they come to the door and will the debt just keep goin up and then them take me to court.

It started off me oweing them 35 now its 135

Any advise please thanks very much for reading this long post.

rossendales does have a website and seems legit, so will they carry on till they get there money :(

Edited by Buddy08

First point - calm down!

As you've contacted them and been sucked into their [problem], you're now a hooked fish. There is no appeals process - they just want you to contact them so they can badger you more easily.

Rossendales are well known, and like any debt collector, are utterly and completely powerless. They are very very unlikely to knock on your door (bit of a waste of petrol just on the off chance you're in). It's just a tactic to scare you.

Secondly, if they did knock on your door, they can do absolutely nothing but ask for the money you don't owe them. Either don't answer, tell them to get lost or invite them in for a cuppa and a biscuit. Either way, they can't do a thing. They can't take goods and they can't make you pay in any way.

Every time I move flat, there's always a bunch of debt collection letters from the previous tenants. If you ignore them, they gradually dry up. Nobody knocks on the door.

Well done for ignoring their letters. Regarding the phonecalls, either ignore or tell them you'll go and get such and such and go and do some gardening or watch TV. Or tell them to bugger off.

They will give up soon enough when they don't get anywhere.

If they had any case, they'd send you a couple of letters and then take you to court. Court is the last thing they want though because they have no case, so they just spend their time trying to scare you into paying.

Once you get in the right mentality, you'll start to realise what a pathetic bunch they are. Have some fun with them. Think of something to wind them up next time they ring up!

They WILL give up.

i know i am just panicing, i think i might ring trading standards on monday do u think they will be able to do anything.

I would really like to here from someone who has had any dealings with with them and if they do give up, i just really cant see it at the min and its really getting to me and making me really stressed.

Thanks 4 ya post a127

TS pretty much clueless and a waste of time. You will be very lucky to find someone there who knows their stuff about this. It is just usual scaremongering tactics - they can smell your fear from your contact with them. it really is as simple as just ignoring them. Don't allow yourself to be a victim.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I sympathise with your predicament as I am in the same boat but they are not going to sink me. Don't know what the outcome for you was but I am pretty interested. I have mailed Janet Anderson and intend to see her about CPM aka Parksafe on Saturday 25th at her Surgery in Asda Rawtenstall. I have been collecting info on this company more recently but was 'done' in July in Ramsbottom. I have a dossier of material including photos of the premises from where the 'company/ies operate and if you check out parksafe website it is misleading. Rossendale's Credit Ltd is on 3rd floor of Hardman Mill and has a different company number from Rossendales Ltd and is in effect 'hidden' from view. The individuals who run the parking company are the Jacksons. It a bit of a web but I have Mailed TS also British Parking Association - CPM are making 'illegal' use of their logo - Bury PCT, MEN and an online law firm, one or two others too. I also have photographs of the car park where the signs are manipulated. I did not pay because the ticket reminded me of an email [problem] and was not in the name of an Authority.

Edited by Vermillion
clarification

thanks very much for your reply vermillion, at least i know other people are in the same situation and its not just me.

You sound like you have done your research anyway and know your stuff, who is Janet sorry didnt quite get that bit ?

So have you also had threatening letters then off Rossendales?

Please let me know how you get on anyway, and what your outcome is, my latest is i have thankfully not heard from them this week at all by letter or phone, which is strange but good, i am sure they will start mithering me again next week.

Thanks for your post hope to hear bk from you soon

H

Rossendales are members of the CSA (So they claim on their website). even for actual debts (not alleged [problem] ones) a DCA cannot just 'turn up' without an appointment. They are clearly in violation of CSA rules (among a few others) so photocopy that letter and complain to the CSA. Besides covering the doorstepping threat make sure you also explain to the CSA very clearly that this is an alleged debt from a PPC.

Thanks for that, Lamma. I am preparing for my 'threatening' letter. I have had 4 from Carpark Management UK Ltd up to now and each time the format is different but on one I got a signature of Susan Jackson who is the 'Company Secretary' I guess and is resident at the 57 Griffin Close address in Burnley, alongside her other business partners?

The British Parking Association were pretty helpful as CPM claimed to be a member. BPA confirmed this, though I still don't think CPM have the Park Mark. They may take it on trust that the company is behaving properly. Janet Anderson is our MP up here and I am fortunate enough to be able to check out the addresses of both Parksafe and CPM - 4 up to now, and 2 of those where they are not.

The carpark signs I got my ticket in are changeable and I have 3 photos on 3 different days where they have been rotated. I will continue to monitor the carpark (on my way home from work!). Bury PCT responded pretty quickly so I will be getting back to them in due course. The

Director of Finance & Performance was concerned - I don't think they realise what the company is up to.

I am biding my time as regards the debt collector, but have left my terrified husband instructions on what to do if approached. I have printed out Buddy 08's posting so Ms Anderson can see it's not just me! If that's okay of course

Edited by Vermillion
Grammar!

• 3 months later...

hiya, firstly easier said than done but calm down.

no baliff/ debt collector can access your home with a court judgment saying so.

i know exactly what your going through as i parked in exactly the same place but the simple fact is you didnt break any law as its a "private land" not a council ticket.

my simple advice is to ignore them, they will get bored eventually, if you receive a letter just put it to one side with the rest, if they ring you hang up.

If you’re being harassed by an aggressive or abusive bill collector, with constant phone calls to your home, it’s really very easy to get these calls to stop. You see, if you notify the debt collector in writing that all further communication is to be ceased, the debt collector is prohibited from contacting you unless it is to advise you that their collection efforts are being terminated, or to inform you that a specified remedy will be invoked.

hope it helps.