Dixons online ipod -faulty -what can I do?

seville
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5652 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone give me some help on the best way to get my ipod sorted out:mad:

I bought this 80gig ipod for my son online from dixons(DSG) for his birthday in Feb 08. Apart from it arriving late it was faulty.

Thier customer service people said I had to send it back--and got it back on 20th March but again it was faulty.

13th April I took it direct to Curry shop (after having an almighty row on the phone with their custmer service)in Liverpool city centre and after much fuss got an exchange --yippee!!

Yep! You guessed it ---it became faulty again late August so after fruitless calls by my frustrated son to thier customer service :mad::mad::mad: the ipod was parcelled up again to Regeneris(the people Dixons use for repairs) on 15th Sept.

Anyway it came back --Yippee but Regeneris, in their covering letter said there was no fault!! Within a few hours the ipod was faulty again:mad::mad:

You get no joy when you phone them and I guess they must be sick of people complaining and I dont think they care at all.

My son has had loads of arguments with them on the phone but as I was the purchaser I guess its up to me to take action

What is the best way to tackle this (by the way my son is 30 years old so its not a little kid that would be rough or not know hoe to look after and ipod.)

Can I demand my money back? How?

Do I have to keep letting them repair and repair --forever?

Can anyone advise. ??

Should I write and demand a refund on the grounds that it isnt 'fit for purpose'? If so what bit of legislation should I quote

Dont think I will ever buy online EVER again --I'm totally frustrated and I am ready to have a real battle with Dixons(DSG)--but I need some guidence ------please please

The best thing to do is write in.

As for getting a refund, it would probably be partial, but it is quite possible from the circs that you could get a full refund. You do not have to keep on accepting repairs.

The legislation you need is Sale of Goods Act 1979 - section 14 deals with the issues.

Thank you gyzmo for your very quick reply

I'll get writing --and I'll let you know how I get on

In fact the return envelope & packaging arrived this morning because the ipod is on its way back for a further repair

• 1 month later...

your ipod may be part of the Batch apple KNEW was faulty when they sent out, i'll dig up the press release when i get home. if it is one of the above mentioned batch you might be best trying to contact your supplier armed with this info.

Thanks Naxxas --that would be good

The IPOD came back 2 weeks ago with a new battery and so far its working fine ----early days though!!!

If you manage to find the press release then I will definately check the batch and I will definately take matters further

It's unusual for one person to have had so many Ipods breakdown on them. Are you 100% sure it's not something your doing with the Ipod?

I'm not trying to defend the company here, I'd just hate to see you have to return another one if it's something up with your computer or something silly like that.

I must say, I've worked with the company for about 2 years and I've never seen a faulty batch of items thats actualy hit the shop floor. But I guess its concievable, with something as complex as an ipod.

Well best of luck with your new one anyway.

When I bought my first mobile phone (it probably features in the antique roadshow), I had FOUR replacements before I got one that worked properly.

I have also had to replace 3 ipods as well.

Sorry, but these things do happen. I too am suspect when I see it, but my own experience reigns my suspicions.

Hiya

Well the ipod is my sons and he (unlike me ) is IT lit. Shame he hasnt mastered the art of cleaning his room or the dishes!!!:)

Well so far so good and the ipod is still working

Have a lovely Christmas and thanks for your input:)