• Tweets

• Received a call and follow on confirmation email from the police about my cabinets! They wanted to confirm that I was prepared to support police action for the matter and that I would be happy to provide a statement and attend court at a later date!!! I think that something might actually get done - it won't get my cabinets back I know that but hopefully it will put a stop to this so called courier doing this to people!
    • Around a month ago I had to send a sympathy card to a friend in GB. Logistically it made sense to buy a personalised one on eBay and get it sent straight to my mate, rather than faffing around getting it sent to me.  This mighty purchase set me back all of £3.05 (including postage costs). I was taken aback that, when it was sent, I got a tracking number.  For a flippin' three-quid card!  I had no idea that technology had moved on so much and that tracking was so easy.  The shop has feedback for 16,300 purchases so tracking must be easy & automatic. It's unlikely your case will get to court, but in cases that do this got me thinking that we need to aggressively challenge the PPCs where they have lied about the timescales of sending their rubbish and have no proof at all of posting - when it would be so easy to provide it.
    • Thanks for uploading the appeal.  It was a waste of time but well done in not outing the driver. Why have your friends paid £60 they don't owe to a cowboy private company that have no means of making them pay as they don't do court?  If they paid by card, as I presume they did, they should get on to their bank and do a chargeback immediately. We call the £70 the Unicorn Food Tax.  The law specifically states they are only allowed to charge the original £100 but the PPCs and their bezzies in their trade associations allow this made-up extra £70 so £100 becomes £170.  Unfortunately for them the law doesn't. Anyway, snotty letter time. There is an example in post 32 here you can tweak as it's the same company but a different car park   https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/463964-alliance-anpr-pcn-lease-car-appeals-refused-daymer-bay-cornwall/page/2/#comments  
    • Thank god you're not a part of the tribunal! Terribly biased and negative.  HR isn't all knowing. And this case proves it. Thanks again for your opinion.  I'm not going to court because of a few emails, I'm going to court because the head of HR has invented a PCP solely for me, which no other employee is made to sit. The language used in the emails is discriminatory and inflammatory.   
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Jadest v's lloyds

jadest
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6344 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dont worry, jadest. Look at the AQ 'how to fill in' section in the bank templates section. It clearly shows that you have to tick a few boxes and simply state the case will last an hour in one box ( section G i think) thats it. It took me five minutes to fill it in. I delivered mine by hand to the courts today.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you still worried i have dyslexia if i can type it in i feel fine hand writing is a problem for me

Lloyds TSB Progess

first letter sent 10th June

Received reply 20th June

Second letter sent 30th June

Revieved final response 7th July

Filled in claim on line 30/07/06

Recieved Acknowledgment of service 4th August

Defence submitted 6th September

Allocation Questionnaire due back 20th Sept

Sent my Allocation Questionnaire back 10th Sept

Got there copy of Allication Questionaire 23rd Sept

Court date set for 25th Jan '07

Paragon Finance Progress

Sent first letter 24th August 2006

No reply so second letter sent 10th Sept 2006

Received letter back saying they are going to investigate my claim

Offer made by Paragon for full ammount plus interst! Rusult!!!

Cheque recieved *Won*

Any thing I write on this site is only an oppinion as I am not a solicitor or legal whizz!

Hi Jadest,

Just logged on to money claim and last minute Lloyds have entered a defence. Will eagerly await my AQ I guess!

On the plus side, the longer they drag this on for the more the interest is accumulating in my favour! Its also going to cost them another £100 very soon and as much as it pains me having to front the money from my own pocket, its going to make it all the sweeter when we finally get there. Just imagine the Lloyds bosses faces when they open the solicitors invoice! Lol!

Every cloud has a silver lining!

Best of luck with the AQ.

Matt

11/07/2006 - First request sent

21/07/2006 - Standard 'sod off' reply from Lloyds TSB

25/07/2006 - Letter before action sent

01/08/2006 - Second standard 'sod off' reply from Lloyds TSB

03/08/2006 - Claim started through moneyclaim for sum of £1756.26

04/08/2006 - Claim issued by moneyclaim

09/08/2006 - Claim served by moneyclaim

06/09/2006 - Defence entered

25/09/2006 - AQ returned (no Lloyds AQ yet)

Thank you Matt, hope all goes well for you... do you know if you can add charges on that you have been charged while wiating for them to settle?

Lloyds TSB Progess

Received reply 20th June

Paragon Finance Progress

Cheque recieved *Won*

Any thing I write on this site is only an oppinion as I am not a solicitor or legal whizz!

Hello Jadest, with regards to claiming back charges that have been issued since your claim began I would suggest you read mjanets case.

Following mjanets lead and hold your ground. Only accept an offer that totally refunds you ALL the money owed. If you have to reject the first offer so be it. Like mjanet proved they will re-negotiate especially with an impending court hearing.

• Confused 1

thank you mjanets case was inspirational to say the least... thank you again for that info...

Lloyds TSB Progess

Received reply 20th June

Paragon Finance Progress

Cheque recieved *Won*

Hang on in there, Jadest. Is there a friend who can write things in for you?

C

29 March 2006 Data Protection Act Request sent for ac 1 (then she got a bit distracted but got another charge so...)

27 May Prelim letter sent for ac 1

27 May Data Protection Act Request sent for ac 2 & 3

21 June Prelim Letter sent for 2 & 3

14 July LBA sent with schedule for ac 1 & 2 & 3

7 August MCO filed – defence expected 10 September

11 September defence filed - signed Sean Copping

12 September AQ form received

18th September AQ sent back to Lambeth Court and copy sent to solicitors both recorded delivery

13th Feb 2007 Court Date Set

15th Feb Reclaimed Money is in my bank Account

Cat's opinions are those of a nurse and most definitely, definitely not those of an accountant or solicitor, although she was always quite good at sums and elocution.

Hang on in there, Jadest. Is there a friend who can write things in for you?

C

hi Cat thanks for that... a friend filled it in, I have returned it and also sent copy to SC&M (lloyds solicitors). They have till the 20th to get their Allocation Questionnaire back then just have to wait for court date or offers from SC&M on their clients behave. Hopefully!!!

• Confused 1

Lloyds TSB Progess

Received reply 20th June

Paragon Finance Progress

Cheque recieved *Won*

Does any one know if lloyds Allocation Questionnaire is due back the same day as mine was?

Lloyds TSB Progess

Received reply 20th June

Paragon Finance Progress

Cheque recieved *Won*

Not sure on that one, but as far as im aware both parties get 14 days (or a certain time frame) to complete and return the questionnaire, so they will have a deadline, probably the same as yours, just depends if they were both issued at the same time (which presumably they would be).

01/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - S.A.R sent

24/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - Statements Received

31/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - 1st Request sent

13/09/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - LBA sent

23/09/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - Offer received £1544 (Thanks but no thanks)

02/10/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - *WON* Full settlement

Both AQs will be due to be returned in the same timeframe, usually 7 days from the date you receive it. If Lloyds fail to return the AQ, the judge can summarily rule in your favour when it comes to the allocation hearing.

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Both AQs will be due to be returned in the same timeframe, usually 7 days from the date you receive it. If Lloyds fail to return the AQ, the judge can summarily rule in your favour when it comes to the allocation hearing.

hi what is the Allocation hearing.... Do Ihave to be there? sorry I know it sounds thick... really have never been through this before... Thanks to everyone for info... don't know what I would do with out this site

Lloyds TSB Progess

Received reply 20th June

Paragon Finance Progress

Cheque recieved *Won*

From what I understand (not had to attend one myself), once the AQs are both returned you will receive a court date for an allocation hearing. This is essentially a relatively informal chat with the judge (still advisable to turn up in a suit!) to decide which track the claim should be put through (IE: Small Claims track for claims under £5000), and to arrange a date for the full hearing. It could take several weeks for the allocation hearing date to be decided, as the county courts seem a 'little' busy at the moment for some reason :o

On the other hand, it may be the case that the judge will summarily declare the allocation to the Small Claims, and go straight to arranging a hearing date.

I wouldn't worry too much about it just yet though; from experience of reading a lot of threads on this forum, Lloyds settle well before you have to sit in front of the judge!

That said, if it gets to the stage where you're a week or two away from seeing the judge, I'd definately start gathering your evidence and getting copies of a dossier to hand one each to both the solicitors and the judge.

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

hi what is the Allocation hearing.... Do Ihave to be there? sorry I know it sounds thick... really have never been through this before... Thanks to everyone for info... don't know what I would do with out this site

I am not a law expert, but I think of it like this:

"Allocation" is a preliminary step, when the court decides how much court time needs to be ALLOCATED to hear and judge the case.

Complex cases, and cases with several witnesses, need more time.

The cases for reclaiming bank penalty charges are all simple - that's why we can carry them out ourselves, without needing lawyers.

However, the court does not know that they are simple until we answer the questionnaire it sends out, which asks questions to enable it to decide how much court time needs to be allocated.

If the parties disagree, the court can hold a short hearing, where a judge can decide how much time to allocate.

The allocation decision can have a bearing on costs.

Tim

Thank you Tim and Reload for your replies they are much appreciated.... Both of you have really put my mind at rest. if i should have to appear infront of the jugde could I please PM you for more information if needed?

For ever greatfull

Jules x

Lloyds TSB Progess

Received reply 20th June

Paragon Finance Progress

Cheque recieved *Won*

[whistling] always look on the bright side of life da da, da da da...[/whistling]

Just remember that every day they delay is another days interest to add to your final payout :D

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

how does that work worcester??? ie, the claim is already in for a set amount, for the amount owed plus interest up to the date i put in the claim originally. how do you get the extra interest accrued up to the actual day they pay up?

thanks

stef

Did you not claim for the 8% statutory interest on your N1 form? If you are not claiming running contractual interest then you are entitled to the 8% from the date the penalty charge was taken from your account to the date of your claim + further interest calculated daily at 0.022% per day, but only if you claimed it on the N1.

In the case of my claim that amounts to £0.74 per day - not a huge amount but it's already added nearly £30 to my original claim and still ticking up at 74p / day!

Pete

I will not make any deals with you. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own. Number 6

yes i did...i remember now. i just know that when the courts sent my alllocation questionaire i didnt have to pay court fee as my claim was under £5,000 or something. my exact figure is £ 711 , i just wondered who/ how the rest was added on to the final figure

on and on it goes!!!........:???:

yes i did...i remember now. i just know that when the courts sent my alllocation questionaire i didnt have to pay court fee as my claim was under £5,000 or something. my exact figure is £ 711 , i just wondered who/ how the rest was added on to the final figure

If your claim gets in front of a Judge (highly unlikely) then he/she will calculate the interest to be added.

If, as is more likely the bank folds and offers to settle then it's up to you to make sure that their settlement figure includes your court fees and your 8% interest up to the date you get paid.

Pete

I'm in the same position as you. Send mine back before my deadline(11th sept) Phoned up the court and was told they hadn't received anything from lloyds yet, but they seem to have another 3 days to get something in. Bit unfare if true.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=4190 - Rjh v Lloyds Tsb.

Dpa Sent (13/04/06).

Statements Recevied (04/05/06).

Preliminary Letter Sent £775 owed! (12/05/06).

Received Standard Reply from Lloyds. (17/05/06).

Posted LBA (31/05/06).

Received Lloyds "Final Response" Letter (03/06/06).

Filed Claim with Moneyclaim for £775+£192.19 interest. (21/07/06)

Lloyds defend claim (23/08/06)

**Lloyds pay up, at last. £1078 (14/11/06)**

Thats Lloyds for ya! Prompt as ever. You'll find that the A/Q deadline is not as strict as the others, ie for the defence, etc.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.