Going After More Than One

TJH
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6500 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Have many people gone after more than one orgainsation simultaneously and if so how easy did they find it? I could go for upto 7 different organisations but don't want to end up confusing myself and was wondering if I should tick each off one by one. Start with an easy one and then move onto the biggies like HSBC. Alternatively I could be ultra organised and get different folders for each one and spend a lot of time on this.

Just looking for any ideas, thoughts, opinions etc.....

Thanks

T xx

Hi, you must do whatever you feel comfortable with! started with 2 accounts one was a credit card the other a current account, both with different banks, i found this was enough to do at one time!!! now going in for Oh's barclays and woolwich accounts! go for the ones nearest the 6 yr limit first is my advice, good luck!

check my signature ;)

Halifax Credit Card - £408.16 - Settled in FULL 26/6/06

Halifax Loans - £397.97 - Settled in FULL 25/8/06

GE Money Topman £216.75 - SETTLED IN FULL

Marbles LBA - £475.00 - £250 Offered :rolleyes:

Halifax Current Account LBA - SETTLED IN FULL

Yorkshire Bank Current Accounts £2271.77 - Issued 30/6/06 - Default Judgement Issued - Warrant of Execution Requested

Capital One - LBA - £88 Knocked of Balance

Egg PPI - LBA

There is no reason not to take on more than one at a time if you are confident and organised enough.

Start a thread on the relevant forums for each claim, and use your signature as an at-a-glance calendar.

Bank of Scotland: Claiming £699.47, SETTLED IN FULL at moneyclaim stage

Sisters NatWest - Claiming £1056 - SETTLED at AQ stage

Natwest CC - Claiming £804, SETTLED IN FULL at LBA stage

GF Natwest - claiming £749.33, moneyclaim filed - SETTLED IN FULL 04/08

MBNA: Claiming £150 - SETTLED IN FULL at LBA stage

HSBC: £1014 - SETTLED at LBA stage + pending charges removed

Sisters HSBC - £300 - SETTLED IN FULL at prelim stage

Yorkshire bank - claiming £496.68 - SETTLED IN FULL at court date stage.

Capital One - claiming £605.54 -SETTLED IN FULL

DON'T FORGET TO DONATE!

Wow! Thanks for all your help. Seems like it can be done as long as you are organised and have the support of the CAG! Looking at your signatures makes you realise just how much money they make from us for very little effort. Obviously banks are businesses but the mark up is huge. I don't think I have any before the 6 year limit so that shouldn't be a problem for me. Any hints or tips from those who have trod before? I need to start right at the beginning for most of mine and send off letters requesting statements - did you address them to the Data Controller and did you send them Recorded Delivery or get Certificates of Posting? Having looked on the thread some people sent all theirs Recorded and some just sent first class.

Thanks

T

PS Congrats!

Hi,

Im new to this too, would like to do the same as yourself, but Citizens Advice is trying to sort out debt problems for us

I wondered if it would affect arrangemnents /payments with Credit card companies and banks that they set up if I start claiming bank charges etc from the banks and Building Society.:confused:

Does any one know if I should start claiming yet or hang fire

Good luck to you all

Thanks

Lynn

I'm not too sure about this but Citizens Advice might? Theoretically it shouldn't but having looked through some of the threads on here, some people have said that they have opened parachute accounts in case the banks close their accounts. However I asked for advice on claiming against First Direct when I also had a loan and credit card with them and someone replied that these were different contracts and therefore should not be affected. Which is good as I definitely cannot afford to pay back that loan just yet :(

Hope this helps

Have just looked through the parachute thread and the ones that allow standing orders/DDs and give a debit card are NatWest Step and Co-Op Cashminder if that is any further help. I have applied for a NatWest one as I will need these facilities if I get my account closed and it is always good to have a back-up!