Second time around!!

westwalian
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5596 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi - I have spent a long time reading templates etc and really good site - what I need to know is do I ask to close account and offer to pay back in installments (I am worried about further charges) or do I do something else?

Regardless I am going to move salary in next couple of days

Hiya Cleo, just leave your bank account where it is, progress your claim as far as you can but open another bank account for your daily finances (wages in and bills out) that way the bank cant just keep taking your money. If you have any loans with the bank set up standing orders to your old account to keep up your payments of these.

If your claim for the return of unlawful charges is the same or more than the balance of your account you have no fears from the bank because they owe you more than you owe them. If your overdraft is more than your claim value then its probably a good idea to set up some payments to get this down to your claim value, don't worry about new charges because you can add these to your claim before you submit it to court and start another claim for any new charges after you have gone to the courts :).

pete

There you go cleo - I think this is what you're looking for : :)

Below are listed the Court Fees which were updated on 1st October 2007. The court fee must be paid when the Claim Form (Summons) is submitted to the Court and will be added to your claim. In addition there is now a fee when a hearing is appointed. These are listed separately below.

ISSUE FEES

Claim Amount Court Fee

Up to £300.00 £30.00

£300.01 - £500.00 £45.00

£500.01 - £1,000.00 £65.00

£1,000.01 - £1,500.00 £75.00

£1,500.01 - £3,000.00 £85.00

£3,000.01 - £5,000.00 £108.00

£5,000.01 - £15,000 £225.00

HEARING FEE

The Hearing Fee is payable by the Claimant prior to a Court hearing date being allocated.

Claim Amount Court Fee

Up to £300.00 £25.00

£300.01 - £500.00 £50.00

£500.01 - £1,000.00 £75.00

£1,000.01 - £1,500.00 £100.00

£1,500.01 - £3,000.00 £150.00

£3,000.01 - £5,000.00 £300.00

Fast Track Case £500.00

Additional Court Fees

There is an allocation fee of £35.00 which must be paid by the Claimant if the claim is between £1,500.00 and £5,000.00 and is set down for a court hearing. For claims over £5,000.00 the Allocation fee is £200.00

the full link is on:

Small Claims Court costs - support for claimants making county court claims using the Small Claims Track.

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

I hope you lot have dug deep into your long pockets and thrown some CAG's way to bolster the fighting fund????:grin:

Hey , freaky ! What are you implying - just 'cos I'm from north of the border............. :rolleyes:

My donation was in last night Mate - this site is necessary to help people get what they're entitled to ............

:D sermon over....lol

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

And I've just noticed - I've passed the 2000 posts mark - lol ! Got a bit to go to catch you and bookie though......... :D

• Haha 1

Nemo me impune lacessit

Good on you Johnny.:D With those short arms and long pockets I know how difficult it must have been for you.:D:eek:;)

Seriously, Thanks mate. This site has helped so many people re-claim what is rightfully theirs and will continue to do so. That is why we can't let it go without a fight.

Congrats on the 2k posts. :D

You can't half do some gassing can't you!!!:p:D

I've had what seems to be a bog standard letter basically stating about their legal issues with FSA and OFT la la la! I'm in a position to submit my claim to court but just to check.......from Mr Lex's earlier thread dated 5.10.08.....I submitted my previous claim via MCOL, should I now submit it via the local court?

Hi Westwallian,

If you have sent your LBA now is the time to file at your County Court. Use form N1 in the templates library :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/844-n1-claims-form-pdf.html

Good luck

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 months later...

I am a bit confused. I have a claim on hold (stayed) with Lloyds, but since I submitted the claim, they have applied more charges. I have not paid them they have just put them on to my account and are saying that I am £290 over my overdraft limit and threatening action. Can I add these charges to my claim? I have not physically paid them but they are on my account!

Hi dannys ,

You say your claim is 'stayed with Lloyds ' ...... I hope you mean it's stayed in court, because Lloyds can't stay claims, only courts can....

If your claim is stayed at court they can keep charging all they like, but they can't chase you for it because your counterclaim blocks it and they won't go to court under those circumstances ........

However , if your claim is 'on hold' only by Lloyds say-so, then you need to get your claim into the court system ASAP to counteract their action ..

PS .... as it's Lloyds Danny , you may want to open up a thread on their site - it'll get you n touch with more people who know how Lloyds work , rather than HSBC :)

But to get you started , if your claim is not at the bank stage ..here are a few links which may help :

http://www.consumerwiki.co.uk/index.php/Step_By_Step_Guide

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/25457-guide-reclaiming-bank-charges.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Templates library

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

Nemo me impune lacessit