• Tweets

• Well we can't predict what the judge will believe. PE will say that they responded in the deadline and you will say they don't. Nobody can tell what a random DJ will decide. However if you go for an OOC settlement you should still be able to get some money
    • What do you guys think the chances are for her?   She followed the law, they didnt, then they engage in deception, would the judge take kindly to being lied to by these clowns? If we have a case then we should proceed and not allow these blatant dishonest cheaters to succeed 
    • I have looked at the car park and it is quite clearly marked that it is  pay to park  and advising that there are cameras installed so kind of difficult to dispute that. On the other hand it doesn't appear to state at the entrance what the charge is for breaching their rules. However they do have a load of writing in the two notices under the entrance sign which it would help if you could photograph legible copies of them. Also legible photos of the signs inside the car park as well as legible photos of the payment signs. I say legible because the wording of their signs is very important as to whether they have formed a contract with motorists. For example the entrance sign itself doe not offer a contract because it states the T&Cs are inside the car park. But the the two signs below may change that situation which is why we would like to see them. I have looked at their Notice to Keeper which is pretty close to what it should say apart from one item. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 Section 9 [2]a] the PCN should specify the period of parking. It doesn't. It does show the ANPR times but that includes driving from the entrance to the parking spot and then from the parking place to the exit. I know that this is a small car park but the Act is quite clear that the parking period must be specified. That failure means that the keeper is no longer responsible for the charge, only the driver is now liable to pay. Should this ever go to Court , Judges do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person so ECP will have their work cut out deciding who was driving. As long as they do not know, it will be difficult for them to win in Court which is one reason why we advise not to appeal since the appeal can lead to them finding out at times that the driver  and the keeper were the same person. You will get loads of threats from ECP and their sixth rate debt collectors and solicitors. They will also keep quoting ever higher amounts owed. Do not worry, the maximum. they can charge is the amount on the sign. Anything over that is unlawful. You can safely ignore the drivel from the Drips but come back to us should you receive a Letter of Claim. That will be the Snotty letter time.
    • please stop using @username - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread inc you gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Nationwide taking court action

1littleduck
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4568 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good luck on this and will be following your thread with interest

ciao for now maz

Im happy to help with support and my own thoughts, but if I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action.:)

my new motto is,,,",Taking back control of your life and home - such peace is priceless"

This is all due to truecall device , have a serious peek at this you will be thankful like I am x laters angel :D

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all, I have had a look at the directiona and not to sure about this as they have sent me a copy of the application cca and a copy of a standard default notice....it seems that I am asking for them again or is the directions implying that they have not sent the requested doccuments and should do so?

Hi, here is a suitable set of directions,

Draft Order for Directions

The Claimant shall within 14 days of service of this order send to the Defendant and to the Court:

1. A true copy of the executed credit agreement and any other document(s) referred to within the agreement.

2. True copies of any default notice and cancellation notice that you sent to defendant

together with a copy of any proof of postage that you hold.

3. A full breakdown as to how the amount claimed has been calculated, including all payments made and charges applied throughout the duration of the agreement.

4. Any other documents relied upon

5. The original documents to be brought to the court at the hearing

If the Claimant fails to comply with this order, the claim will be struck out without further order.

The Defendant shall within 14 days thereafter file and serve the following

• An amended defence sufficiently particularised in response to the documents supplied by the claimant

Edited by creditcardmug

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Here is the Other information,

Other Information

If the court is in agreement, the defendant respectfully requests that special directions may be given as per the attached draft order.

The defendant proposes these directions in mind of the Overriding Objectives, and in particular the duty of the parties to help the court further them. The issues outlined below are the crux upon which this claim rests, and the proposed directions identify these issues and will allow them to be assessed in advance of the hearing so that this claim may proceed justly and expeditiously;

Without production of the requested documents, I am at a disadvantage and am unable to serve a proper defence. Failure of the claimant to supply the requested documentation will make the case much harder for the court to deal with as without production of the requested documentation will inhibit the courts ability to deal with the case.

It is essential that the Originals of these documents be brought to the court at the hearing

The House of Lords in the case of Wilson v First County Trust Ltd - [2003] All ER (D) 187 (Jul) made it clear in paragraph 29 of LORD NICHOLLS OF BIRKENHEAD judgment

29. The court's powers under section 127(1) are subject to significant qualification in two types of cases. The first type is where section 61(1)(a), regarding signing of agreements, is not complied with. In such cases the court 'shall not make' an enforcement order unless a document, whether or not in the prescribed form, containing all the prescribed terms, was signed by the debtor: section 127(3). Thus, signature of a document containing all the prescribed terms is an essential prerequisite to the court's power to make an enforcement order. The second type of case concerns failure to comply with the duty to supply a copy of an executed or unexecuted agreement pursuant to sections 62 and 63, or failure to comply with the duty to give

notice of cancellation rights in accordance with section 64(1). Here again, subject to one exception regarding sections 62 and63, section 127(4) precludes the court from making an enforcement order.

Its is respectfully requested this case be allocated to the fast track, it is a straight forward case and is easily resolved on production of the required documentation by the claimant, should the claimant not have the documentation required to progress this case I suggest that there will be no case to answer

Therefore it stands to reason that these documents must be disclosed before this case can progress any further

You will need to get the fonts all the same

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Hi CCM, thanks for replying...I have not filled in anything yet and it has to reach the court by 1st Dec and I will have to post it...I have 1 week. The problem was that they have sent the cca (although it was an application form) and a sample default letter without my name and address on..this is why i was not sure about the draft letter to the court, but if you say I should send it, then I will of course.

Hi again, the thing is you need to insist on the originals of the documents being brought to court at the hearing, at this stage they only have to provide copies of them, but they will have to be exact copies.

I have put a line in the directions/other info to reflect this (not sure if you should but hey the judge will see it anyway).

What you have received up to now is neither here nor there, what they provide from here on in must be legit (they cant change anything now),so we will know what were working with.

You said it yourself, what they have supplied is an application form, and a "sample" DN, this is not good enough, they must produce the original documents, and in the case of the DN, proof of service as well, otherwise their case cannot succeed.

I hope this allays your fears. anything else shout, but you need to get this part sorted out pretty soon.

• Haha 1

OMG CCM, I am having trouble and dont know how to fill in this entire form...please help..I have posted all of the pages above but dont know what to say for the answers.....please help.. I dont know if i have to say i am trying to settle it, if i need a months stay and the list goes on

Panic has set in...please help someone..I have looked at other threads in order to complete this N150 but the forms seem to be different from the one I have had..I have posted the link to every page abone in link 49 and I am really thick as I dont know what to put for most of the questions...

Yes I agree..CCM has been fantastic with this...so has everyone else that has helped me...i think i may end up going bankrupt, but i have told many people about this site and how good you all are, and when i get sorted i will be a regular donator because it needs to keep going it maybe to late to save me but not to late for others.

OK, I've looked through the thread. It is just the filling in of the Allocation Questionnaire forms to do now.

I see this has been moved to another court. Is that somewhere within easy reach of you?

I will get the forms up on my PC and see what you need. They've moved them on the HM Court Service site, so all the old links don't work anymore.

Are you staying up late tonight until this is done, or do you want to fill this in tomorrow?

SH

Right. I've found the AQ online and your forms are the same. I'm filling in the answers now. What I am going to do is PM them over to creditcardmug so he can look at them. I think that is only fair as he has invested so much effort in this. Also, he has personal experience of a similar case.

Get yourself off to bed now and prepare for work. Have you got access to the internet at work, or in any of your breaks at work?

SH

I am bumping this thread, and the one from dazza3956, to the top because they involve court action with deadlines fast approaching.

Both cases can be won with the correct defence. It will be a tragedy if the cases are lost due the defence being faulty, or, even worse, not submitted at all.

Apologies to anyone else who is in need of advice, but I feel I need to concentrate exclusively on these two threads until the court papers have been correctly filled in and filed.

In this case, the defence has already been submitted, and it is the Allocation Questionnaire which must be submitted by 1st December. The thread is very thorough, and a quick read through will tell anyone what the situation is here.

I have prepared answers for the AQ N150, but there are some "grey areas" where some input from experienced people would be welcomed.

A - Settlement

I am assuming it is better here to answer Yes to question one, even though you know there is no possiblity that it will be settled, just to 'show willing'. Also because it avoids having to answer question 4. I assume you have to answer Yes to question 2 as well. Question 3 is definitely No as there is a fee involved.

B - Location of Trial

Yes, and local court because you are an individual

C - Pre-action Protocols

Yes

D - Case management information

What amount of the claim is in dispute - fill in the full amount

Applications - No

Witnesses - Enter your own name, and "All" to 'witness to which facts'.

Experts - No to first question - leave the rest blank

Track - Fast Track (as claim is over £5,000) - Leave the other box blank as Fast Track is normal

E - Estimated time for trial or hearing - 1 hour

(dates need to be filled in by individual)

F - Proposed Directions

Yes to question 1, No to question 2.

Attach direction from post #54

G - Costs

Leave blank

H - Fee

No (not payable by defendant)

I - Other Information

Yes to questions 1 and 2. Sent today. No to Applications and leave blank.

Other Information - Information from Post #55

Then sign the document and fill in your details - but if you are going to send a copy to the claimant copy it BEFORE signing!!!

Thanks in advance to anyone who just gives this a quick look over to make sure I've got everything right.

SH

Hi again, sorry been busy the last few days, just looking over the suggestions above by SH (thanks for helping), i would only change a few things,

Section A for all

1 yes

2 yes

3 no

4 leave blank

Section B tick yes and write " already transferred to my local court"

Section C Tick no and write "Please see attached section C"

Then on a separate sheet of paper type this, and head it section C

This case is not covered by any approved pre-action protocol, i have requested the claimant provide information in my CPR request, but to date the claimant has not provided the documents i require to investigate this claim

Section E 2 hours

Section I

1 yes

2 yes

when- leave blank

applications no

in the big box write "Please see attached section I"

Everything else as in the above post

Now before you sign the form make 2 photocopies of it,(one for you, one for the claimant)

Print of two copies of the directions, other information,Section C

Sign only the original and send it to the court with the above attached

Send the other copies to the claimant, with covering letter to say you have today filed the enclosed at ? court.

Send it by SD on friday to the court, send the claimants copy by 2nd class

get back with any more questions, i should be about most of tomorrow.

Excellent CCM. Many thanks for that.

I wonder if you know the answer to this one - Can this AQ be handed in to the court personally, or does it have to be sent by post?

I know today the OP didn't start work until 11am, so it may be possible to take it to the local court first thing in the morning.

SH