Council tax bands-please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5698 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ok well i was wandering if i was in the right council tax band because something doesn't sound right, i cant remember what band im in but i pay 30 pounds a month, i am on incapacity benefit and dla but i heard they dont use dla in there calculations, so basically according to them i get 100 pound a week and they expect me to pay 30 pound a month? that dont sound right to me. could someone who knows about this please tell me the bands and what people go in what ones....thanks

Council tax is based on the property and not on the person income. If you have applied for council tax benefit to help you pay for your council tax then incapacity benefit is not a passport to full council tax benefit, you will have to contribute towards your council tax bill if you are receiving incapacity benefit. You will only be able to find out your council tax band from your local council office as each council charge different amounts. You are probably best going to see the CAB for a benefit check. Just for info full council tax benefit for single person you need to be receiving around £60.00 per week anything more than that will be taken into consideration. (so you have an excess of about £40.00 per week) so if you are in a high band property £30.00 sounds about right- in my opinion.

What rate of Disability allowance are you on and do you recieve care as this could change things.

This is a very good site which may help you :

Carers UK : Help with council tax

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.