Cabot and 3 HBOS Debts subject to reclaiming

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6460 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hope someone will know the answer.

I have AQUA credit card, run by Halifax.

As alot of people on here, I had problems with money sorted them out and am now building my credit worthiness up.

My card charges 32.4% APR (2.75% per month OUCH) so I always pay it off in full and have never been charged interst.

Last month, for what ever reaon, I though my bill was £208 so paid £210 as I hate the interest rate but it is serving a purpose. The money was received before the due date. Now I had got it wrong and I owed £240 so was £30 short.

Now they have applied interest, fair enough, no problem, BUT they have charged me interest on the full £240. Surely I should be charged on the £30 I owed, not the £240

Can anyone share their views or am I wrong

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

This is standard for part payment of a credit card balance. The interest free period only applies if the full balance is paid off, otherwise interest is applied to whole amount due.

Jeep (The Wife & I)

Halifax joint a/c (£3800 charges + £40 interest on charges over 11 years) - paid in full 23/06/06

Halifax joint a/c new charges £1100 - LBA sent 02/08/06

Halifax 2nd a/c (£1500 charges + £150 interest on charges) - partial payment received 13/07/06 (no s69 interest) - AQ filed 07/08/06 - Court awarded 50% of s69 interest (Bank didn't turn up!)

Halifax Visa (#1) Data Protection Act sent - statements arrived - £350 so far

Halifax Visa (#2) Data Protection Act sent - refunded £170

DONATE - Support this site, it supported you!

Follow the route: FAQs > Template Library > Parachute Account > Bank Forums > Spreadsheet

All advice given in good faith and without prejudice or liability, to be taken at your own risk!

Thank you

Whatever I post is my opinion and should be taken as such, an opinion. While it is what I believe and is offered in good faith, it should not be taken as a statement of truth

Have you contacted them about it to see if they will waive the interest payment given your record of making full payments and your intention to pay it on this occasion?

Lloyds TSB, Total Charges £900, Claim Filed for £1379 - Settled

Sainsbury's Bank Credit Card, Total Charges £90 - Settled.

Mine must be the quietest Halifax thread going

Right, CC forms filled and submitted.

Total claim is £3175.85

Charges £2356

Interest £677.65

Costs £18.20

Fee £120

Total claim

£3171.55

Reference

6QZ49071

I have also sent them an email informing them that a cheque will be the only acceptable means of settlement, no paying themselfs first.

am I missing something? "The money was received before the due date" I would try the nice bit as Amazon waived the interest as I was humble but if they don't argue it! speak to a Manager and go mad. I use to work at a call centre and the managers would usually say are they kicking up a fuss? As in if they are then refund it - but if you can try not too. B'staards lol

Good luck

Help me to help others!

am I missing something? "The money was received before the due date" I would try the nice bit as Amazon waived the interest as I was humble but if they don't argue it! speak to a Manager and go mad. I use to work at a call centre and the managers would usually say are they kicking up a fuss? As in if they are then refund it - but if you can try not too. B'staards lol

Good luck

Most of the Money was received by the due date.

Last month, for what ever reaon, I though my bill was £208 so paid £210 as I hate the interest rate but it is serving a purpose. The money was received before the due date. Now I had got it wrong and I owed £240 so was £30 short.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

Received a letter today.

I am sorry to learn that you are unhappy with our offer to refund £210.

As we have explained previously, the charges we apply to your account do recover costs so we cannot agree to return them all. However to reach an amicable settlement we are prepared to increase our offer to £610.

I have replied via email to [email protected]

Dear Ruth

Thank you for your letter dated 24th July 2006 that came to my attention today.

I note your part, and I quote, "The charges we apply to your account do recover costs."

That is excellent, if this is the case then I have no claim and will withdraw my Summons.

Please could you therefore provide me with a FULL AND COMPLETE breakdown of how the charges are come too. I note the current charge is £35. I would require a full break down of Postage, Stationary, hourly rate of a administrative assistant, and also a breakdown of the manual intervention required. You may note that my Subject Access Request did ask for a breakdown of "Manual Intervention" but you chose not to disclose that.

I require the above information within 7 days. I will then withdraw my summons

Regards

&^&^*&

• 4 weeks later...

Woke up this morning

Full Payment received for the total amout claimed plus the daily interest accrued up to date of posting.

Quite refreshing.

Survey completed and Donation Sent

NEXT

Fantastic News Isiris. Quietest thread or not, you took them to the cleaners. My confidence is building every day as I come on here and read the success stories which are happening daily!

The waiting's the worst!

Alex

Bank of Scotland

Letter asking for Statements - 24 Apr 06

Recieve Some Statements - 29 June 06 (rest recd. on 18th Jul)

Planning claim - 30 June 06

Preliminery Letter Sent 3rd July 06 - claiming £4143 (recorded delivery)

Standard letter recieved - no offer - 13 July 06

LBA sent 18 July 06 (signed for on 19th)

Recd. phone call 21st July 06, offered £210 then £600. Refused.

Moneyclaim Online submitted for £4398 (11th Aug 06)

Letter rec.d informing of full reimbursement within 5 days (23 Aug 06)

MBNA Credit Card

Planning claim - 2 Jul 06

Letter asking for statements sent 3 July 06 (recorded delivery)Preliminery letter sent recorded 8th Aug 06

Sent LBA 22 Aug 06

Applied for RBS parachute account - 3 July 06

More details needed, posted current statemets - 12 July 06

Account open - 14 july 06

CONGRATULATIONS

Well done and happy spending!!!

Dinky:)

Halifax: 28/06/06 Data protection letter sent

Halifax: 12/07/06 Recieved statements

Halifax: 12/07/06 Sent prelim letter requesting £4081

Halifax: 15/07/06 Recieved blah blah blah

Halifax: 25/07/06 Sent letter before action

Halifax: 09/08/06 N1 court claim filed at local county court

Halifax: 14/08/06 Received offer of £273

Halifax: 14/08/06 Confirmation from court papers will be served on 12/08/06

Halifax: 15/08/06 sent letter refusing offer.

Halifax: 24/08/06 Settled in full

• dx100uk changed the title to Cabot and 3 HBOS Debts subject to reclaiming