Parking and photographs

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5709 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Most car speedos (I'm tempted to say all) read 2 or 3 miles under the limit anyway to ensure your within the limit. Plus the ACPO guidelines give you 10% + 1 before they are supposed to procecute. This would mean on a 40mph road you wouldn't get procecuted until you were doing 45mph whilst you are probably driving at 33mph to avoid it. (5mph under the 40 on your speedo is more likely to be 33mph).

A more likely result is other people around you are getting caught speeding as they inadvertantly go over the limit for a short time while trying to get past you crawling along so far under the limit! :rolleyes:

All I can say, I have been there and got more than a handfull of points for breaking the speed limit, there fore I put systems in place to ensure I am not giving away my hard earned cash to the Courts, or loosing my licence.

Its all about damage limitation.

If you are following me down the road, then I am making sure that you dont get done, if you want to race ahead, you are better off in front of me.

You do it your way and al do it mine.

My domicile is neither here nor there, where somtimes it rains and other days it snows.

Anonimity is the name of the game, and you should not ask personal questions which could lead to an individual being recognised to anyone.

As you know we santize posted documents so the The Enemy cannot identify who you are.

Remember all you'll get from me is number rank and name.

So what's the weather like on Planet Zog these days???????

Yes I can see exactly how revealing which town you come from could enable the highly intelligent PPC's to work out exactly who you are, silly me.

Mossy

All I can say, I have been there and got more than a handfull of points for breaking the speed limit, there fore I put systems in place to ensure I am not giving away my hard earned cash to the Courts, or loosing my licence.

You haven't spent your hard earned cash on a spellchecker then I see

:)

Mossy

Its all about damage limitation.

If you are following me down the road, then I am making sure that you dont get done, if you want to race ahead, you are better off in front of me.

You do it your way and al do it mine.

If you have received a number of speeding fines then you were driving well in excess of the recorded speed on your speedometer as I outlined above!

Driving at the speed limit as allowed on a specified road does not constitute "racing ahead" as you put it. Please remember driving too slow on a road, although not specifically an offense, can lead to a road safety issue when you end up causing traffic to back-up. Driving ridicously slowly, (particularly on fast moving roads like motorways), can be considered careless driving by the police and you could still be prosecuted for that.

If you have received a number of speeding fines then you were driving well in excess of the recorded speed on your speedometer as I outlined above!

Driving at the speed limit as allowed on a specified road does not constitute "racing ahead" as you put it. Please remember driving too slow on a road, although not specifically an offense, can lead to a road safety issue when you end up causing traffic to back-up. Driving ridicously slowly, (particularly on fast moving roads like motorways), can be considered careless driving by the police and you could still be prosecuted for that.

Not speeding offences, but in the singular.

Where I live, we have many speed cameras, these things flash day and night. I know this happens as I can see the flashes from my home.

I think it is these people you need to lecture not me, as if I get flashed it will be an act of god.

You are sugesting I drive slowly I do not, I drive safey.

There is an old saying in driving circles as follows.

' Any Fool Can Drive Fast Enogh To Be Dangerous. '

I have had my moment of glory, and as The Who sang,

' I Wont Get Fooled Again.'

As I have said before, you drive your way and I'll drive my way.

End of story.............................................................

You are sugesting I drive slowly I do not, I drive safey.

There is an old saying in driving circles as follows.

' Any Fool Can Drive Fast Enogh To Be Dangerous. '

I have had my moment of glory, and as The Who sang,

' I Wont Get Fooled Again.'

As I have said before, you drive your way and I'll drive my way.

End of story.............................................................

Well as I spend all day every day teaching it for a living, I would like to think I drive both safely and reasonably. I am neither a fool nor drive fast enough to be dangerous at any time, nor do any of the learners I teach.

As I said before, driving at or near the speed limit for a given road providing the road and weather conditions are appropriate is perfectly safe and leads to good traffic flow.

As an aside I can tell you that driving at an unreasonable amount below the speed limit when the conditions suggest a faster speed would be safe will result in a learner being marked with "driving faults" on an L-test.

Not speeding offences, but in the singular.

Where I live, we have many speed cameras, these things flash day and night. I know this happens as I can see the flashes from my home.

On the other hand it may be other motorists as paranoid as you taking photos of their cars to avoid getting a parking ticket!! :D Have you never thought about getting one of those headcam devices then you could video everything including your speedo as you drive along?

• Haha 1

Have you never thought about getting one of those headcam devices then you could video everything including your speedo as you drive along?

Okay G&M I need your address to send the bill for dry cleaning, having spat my coffee out laughing at that!!!!!!!

Mossy

Okay G&M I need your address to send the bill for dry cleaning, having spat my coffee out laughing at that!!!!!!!

Mossy

Will that be a Penalty Cleaning Notice (PCN) or will you be up front about it and just call it a straightforward cleaning invoice? :D

Will that be a Penalty Cleaning Notice (PCN) or will you be up front about it and just call it a straightforward cleaning invoice? :D

Crem I'm surprised at you!!!!!!

You know full well that neither I nor PPC's can issue Penalties (well OK the PPC's pretend they can), obviously mine is a Private Cleaning Notice!

:)

Mossy