PCN "Administration error"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5714 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lambeth council gave me PCN and the inspector claimed it was handed to me. THE TICKET INSPECTOR LIED, I have a witness and told them this.

I never recieved the PCN and the ticket inspector made a false statement. Lambeth refused to conduct a proper investigation and I got a letter through the post claiming an "administrative error".

The question is am I entitled to compensation?

Thanks

I don't think its fair just to be able to back out of it like that. If I make a false statement I am liable for a £5000 fine!

I agree, but in trying to claim compensation (and I haven't a clue how to or on what legal basis etc) I just think you will be giving yourself a great deal of grief with very little return. I would just be thankful that the lying bas***ds haven't got away with my money

I agree, but in trying to claim compensation (and I haven't a clue how to or on what legal basis etc) I just think you will be giving yourself a great deal of grief with very little return. I would just be thankful that the lying bas***ds haven't got away with my money

Yeah I know but Lambeth, well they're not even interested in investigating it. When I complained (not to parking but about the fraud) in their reply they did not even mention if they had interrogated him. I told them I had a witness.... did not ask for a statement, they told me the onus was on me to provide the evidence.

They guy wrote on his pocket book "ticket handed to a white boy" so when I complained about that they dealt with the dodgy non pc remark and not the fraud!

Thieves!

Yeah I know but Lambeth, well they're not even interested in investigating it. When I complained (not to parking but about the fraud) in their reply they did not even mention if they had interrogated him. I told them I had a witness.... did not ask for a statement, they told me the onus was on me to provide the evidence.

They guy wrote on his pocket book "ticket handed to a white boy" so when I complained about that they dealt with the dodgy non pc remark and not the fraud!

Thieves!

As I understand it is an offense for anyone to make a false statement and this includes council officers. If you feel that you are not getting a fair deal from Lambeth Council you should make a formal complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who would you expect compensation from? Lambeth Council has listened to your concerns and cancelled the PCN, no one at the Council has lied to you and you cannot say for sure that an the CEO who works for a Council contractor has not been spoken to or even still works for the company? At the end of the day its your word against his and even if you managed to get the Police to get involved they would be unlikely to convince the CPS there was enough evidence to go to Court.

You may find this hard to beleive but drivers also lie constantly in order to get off and make some far fetched allegations. If every occurence of a CEO 'allegedly' not telling the truth was investigated as a criminal offence the Police would be very busy.

Who would you expect compensation from? Lambeth Council has listened to your concerns and cancelled the PCN, no one at the Council has lied to you and you cannot say for sure that an the CEO who works for a Council contractor has not been spoken to or even still works for the company? At the end of the day its your word against his and even if you managed to get the Police to get involved they would be unlikely to convince the CPS there was enough evidence to go to Court.

You may find this hard to beleive but drivers also lie constantly in order to get off and make some far fetched allegations. If every occurence of a CEO 'allegedly' not telling the truth was investigated as a criminal offence the Police would be very busy.

Ok well I'm not happy about the ticket man lying but lets look at it from a different angle.

Regardless of the lying surely to issue a charge he should have evidence. He did not have evidence for whatever reason as clearly he was not following procedure. Therefore they have admitted an administrative error which in turn I have had to pay for the time and admin.

So each time a council worker decides not to follow procudere I have to pay for the admin?

I dont see how thats fair? Maybe I'll just keep complaining to cost them a but more time :D

TROLL

The guy wrote on his pocket book "ticket handed to a white boy" so when I complained about that they dealt with the dodgy non pc remark and not the fraud!

Thieves!

"Dodgy non pc"....it was RACIST. Period.

You should make this the subject of another complaint, pile on the agony.

Try a Freedom of Information Act request to see if there have been other complaints against the operator. If you can't get them one way, get them another.

Ok well I'm not happy about the ticket man lying but lets look at it from a different angle.

Regardless of the lying surely to issue a charge he should have evidence. He did not have evidence for whatever reason as clearly he was not following procedure. Therefore they have admitted an administrative error which in turn I have had to pay for the time and admin.

So each time a council worker decides not to follow procudere I have to pay for the admin?

I dont see how thats fair? Maybe I'll just keep complaining to cost them a but more time :D

Without full details of the case its hard to pass judgement but appealling usually only requires a letter and a stamp which if you applied for costs would take another letter and stamp and not leave you any better off?

If you wish to go down that route the Council should be entitled to costs in dealing with frivolous appeals. The entire decriminalised procedure was designed to keep costs down on both sides without expensive court and legal costs. If the CEO had put the PCN on the car and it was later removed by another person before you returned rather than 'handing it to a white boy' would you still say he had lied? For all you know if you were not there is that someone said they were the driver and took the PCN for a joke.

"Dodgy non pc"....it was RACIST. Period.

You should make this the subject of another complaint, pile on the agony.

Try a Freedom of Information Act request to see if there have been other complaints against the operator. If you can't get them one way, get them another.

How is 'white' being racist?? Don't you mean 'boy' is being sexist or even ageist? If the driver was asian how would you expect him to be described....male with nice sun tan?? :rolleyes:

Without full details of the case its hard to pass judgement but appealling usually only requires a letter and a stamp which if you applied for costs would take another letter and stamp and not leave you any better off?

If you wish to go down that route the Council should be entitled to costs in dealing with frivolous appeals. The entire decriminalised procedure was designed to keep costs down on both sides without expensive court and legal costs. If the CEO had put the PCN on the car and it was later removed by another person before you returned rather than 'handing it to a white boy' would you still say he had lied? For all you know if you were not there is that someone said they were the driver and took the PCN for a joke.

Not possible as I saw the inspector AND I TOLD THEM I SAW HIM! I said nothing, got in my car and drove off. I had not indication from him that he was giving me a ticket and he said nothing, i said nothing to him also. Clearlty that must of been writing a ticket but am I meant go up up and ask him? Apparantly he said when he gave me the ticket i said thankyou... :mad: He was lying. Also "White boy" is a derogatory term... unlike "White man" which is descriptive.

I work in care and if I would never and would not expect my staff/colleges to refer to a service user a "white boy", CSCI would be down in a flash!

I had two PCNs last year on exactly the same grounds - they claimed to have handed the PCN to me and clearly did not. I paid the first one, but with the second one I made an appeal to PATAS. I presented a statement from my passenger. I asked to appear in person, and that I would also like the PA to appear so I could cross examine him. Unsurprisingly Westminster dropped the case the day before.

Do not be concerned about threats regarding false statements. They would need to prove that you did. If you tell the truth then they can't ever prove it!