DCA's Maybe a New Trick

Linus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5741 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am on going a few battles myself, piles of letters saying "on Hold or Passed back etc", but what I have noticed from 3 DCA's over the last few weeks, is them sending me documents and hold letters via recorded delivery......PING on came a bulb when the first one turned up so I signed with a made up squiggle....and I have been useing any old squiggle since.

I may be been paranoid but just a warning to everyone incase they are useing recorded delivery in the hope of catching your signature via post office track and trace.

So I am looking forward to seeing some agreements been sent with my squiggles on them, so stay sharp everyone.

• Haha 2

"Always ask for a CCA, Simples".

Oh well spotted!

When you've had all the help you need, make sure you stick around to help others too!

Just think, if everyone left the site after they'd got their help, there might not be anyone left the next time YOU come back needing more assistance!!!!!!!

Its good to be able to put some info back, this site and all you members have been a great help.

I was just checking the letters they sent...noticed they have no return address on, so just be careful what you sign for, especially if you are not expecting anything.

• Haha 2

"Always ask for a CCA, Simples".

TBH I've been using a fake name and squiggle for anything I am not expecting for far longer than its been fashionable to be paranoid about ID theft ;)

PS For any DCA's watching look out for anything signed for by a Mr Smith - that should narrow it down a bit :grin:

Edited by fiftypence
added PS

I am on going a few battles myself, piles of letters saying "on Hold or Passed back etc", but what I have noticed from 3 DCA's over the last few weeks, is them sending me documents and hold letters via recorded delivery......PING on came a bulb when the first one turned up so I signed with a made up squiggle....and I have been useing any old squiggle since.

I may be been paranoid but just a warning to everyone incase they are useing recorded delivery in the hope of catching your signature via post office track and trace.

So I am looking forward to seeing some agreements been sent with my squiggles on them, so stay sharp everyone.

Well spotted, I will remember that when I am signing for a recorded item in future.

Although I have read many times on here not to sign, I do sign all my letters to DCAs but with a totaly different signature than to my true signature. I will start using this signature for Royal Mail Recorded now.

I am just waiting for one of the DCAs to paste my DCA signature onto a document and use it as evidence on a document, then I will really have them bang to rights.

So, if you receive a letter from the DCA and it isnt recorded you are well within your rights to say you havent received anything?

Me v Barlcays Bank - Claim Stayed

Me v Jaguar Cars 1 - Won £1650

Me v Jaguar Cars 2 - Winning

Me v London Borough of Newham - Won, Warrant of Execution live

Thats a great shout that. What if I have already contacted them in regards to previous letters and also faxed a copy of their latest one to OFCOM?

Me v Barlcays Bank - Claim Stayed

Me v Jaguar Cars 1 - Won £1650

Me v Jaguar Cars 2 - Winning

Me v London Borough of Newham - Won, Warrant of Execution live

The problem with denying receipt is that you can't use the document to support your case at a future point, unless they provide you with a fresh copy under the CPR - also you have to swear to the truth of the evidence you are providing, so don't take what I said above as legal advice...