J2 Solutions & others

DINAH1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5754 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was married previosuly (now 14 years ago) and my ex-husband and I ran up quite a lot of debts (most of which were loans and credit cards solely in my name as he was unemployed and unable to get credit). This together with a defaulted joint mortgage and other joint loans were cleared (or so I thought) when my divorce became final and our jointly owned property was sold in 2005. We shared the same solicitor and as I was pregnant by my new partner and had already left ther home my ex-husband supposedly paid all creditors from the proceeds of the sale prior to me receiving my 50% value of what was left. It's worth noting that because of the financial situation that no payment had been made to these creditors since the end of 2002/beginning 2003. Now I am finding 5/6 years after those payments and 3 years since I moved I am receiving letters from debt collectors addressed to my previous marital name. I have been advised to just return these as 'return to original sender, not known at this address, please amend your files' which I have been doing. As far as I was aware all debts had been paid. I have not had any contact with my ex-husband to confirm this as it is very important that he does not know my whereabouts as an injunction is still in place to prevent him contacting me (he was extremely violent). It would seem that some debts have not been paid, but are these now not ''statue barred''. I certainly do not recognise the companies contacting me under my previous name (I check their details from the addresses on the envelopes and do not open any correspondence, just return it). Today though I received a letter to ''The occupier'' from a company called J2 Solutions saying they were trying to contact me on a personal matter (my previous married name was detailed, with my new surname in brackets). They requested that the occupier contact them in confidence if they new the person or their whereabouts. I have already been advised to just through this letter away as it cannot really be returned stating 'not known at this address' as it is for 'the occupier'. As far as I understand there is no possible link between my previous married surname and my new married surname as I have my original maiden name on my 2nd marriage certificate and the registrar actually confirmed that there would be no link to my first marriage, again this was for the sole reason of stopping my ex-husband finding us. I have been told that J2 speak to neighbours and the like and this may be where they have discoverd my new married surname. I really don't know, and am very concerned. There is certainly no way I could possible pay any creditors now if indeed debts have not been cleared and I have been told not to contact previous creditors to find out as they have probably sold any debts outstanding. Sorry to rant on but I would certainly appreciate any advice. Should I just keep sending any letters back given the timescale now, and can I expect J2 to now come knocking on my door?? Help please!!!!!!

There's more chance of Lord Lucan knocking on your door than anyone from J2 solutions or any other DCA for that matter :)

These DCA companies just appear out the woodwork when you least expect it & send aload of threatograms saying this,that & the other will happen - when in fact it wont & never will :rolleyes:

Personally i wouldnt waste my energy...i just have a good read/chew over these letters to get my ammunition to wind up the DCA (thats just me so im not encouraging you do it) :D

.....and then tear the letter up to put straight in the bin. :)

Putting it simply & plainly - a DCA has no power/authority to obtain money off you whatsoever/in any way shape or form,only a county court does - so unless they are preparred to go to such a place (which the wont), then they are simply whistling is the wind with you.

From the OFT Debt Collection Guidelines: -

Deceptive and/or unfair methods

2.7 Dealings with debtors are not to be deceitful and/or unfair.

2.8 Examples of unfair practices are as follows:

a. sending demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that

they are the debtor in question, for example, threatening debt recovery

action to 'the occupier' or sending a payment demand to all people sharing

the same name/date of birth as a debtor in the hope that contact with the

correct debtor will be made.

b. disclosing debt details to an individual when it is uncertain that they are

the debtor in question, for example, disclosing details to 'the occupier' of

an address.

Doesnt matter if it is you or not....they cannot obtain money without going to a county court, simple as that.

They wont go to such a place coz they know they'll get the minimum payment back (£1 per month) in the maxiumum amount of time once the court takes all your essential outgoings into account (bills,clothes,food, travel costs etc..)

DCA's can find out all sorts of personal info if they want to as they are slimey organisations...but it matters not, as there's nothing they can do other than send letters & phone calls (and there are laws to protect from all that as well) :)

what about the other letters i have received addressed to my previous name???

Dinah...it matters not like i said, so please try to relax - they are just fishing around in the hope that you will feel intimidated enough to pay up asap.

Ask anyone on here - they are useless & powerless organisations who soon go away once they realize they are getting nowhere with you.

so sending the letters back that are correctly addressed to me (albeit my previous name) as 'not kown at this address'..that's okay is, pretending I'm not here!! I just don't want to get arrested or anything, particularly for things that are so old now and I though were dealt with yonks ago!!

so sending the letters back that are correctly addressed to me (albeit my previous name) as 'not kown at this address'..that's okay is, pretending I'm not here!! I just don't want to get arrested or anything, particularly for things that are so old now and I though were dealt with yonks ago!!

With due respect..are you taking note of anything being said to you on this thread or not?

You want replies/help - so please try to take note.

You cannot be arrested by a DCA/or for being in debt - only a county court has power anywhere near on that level once all avenues have failed.

The letters addressed in your name or not have no power or authority & are as good as loo paper should you require :)

Mr Ton beat me to it.

DCAs are NOBODYS. They have NO LEGAL POWERS whatsoever. They rely on bullying and intimidation as well as downright falsehoods to CON people into paying. You are not obliged to even acknowledge a DCAs existence or have any communication with them whatsoever. The choice is yours either bin their begging letters or return them unopened.

The good news is that J2 solutions are part of the Mackenzie Hall empire and the debt id probably Statute Barred or unenforcable if these clowns have got it.

With due respect..are you taking note of anything being said to you on this thread or not?

You want replies/help - so please try to take note.

You cannot be arrested by a DCA/or for being in debt - only a county court has power anywhere near on that level once all avenues have failed.

The letters addressed in your name or not have no power or authority & are as good as loo paper should you require :)

I can't even read the post as a whole block of text like that with no paragraphs just makes me go boss-eyed!!!

When you've had all the help you need, make sure you stick around to help others too!

Just think, if everyone left the site after they'd got their help, there might not be anyone left the next time YOU come back needing more assistance!!!!!!!