• Tweets

• @dx100uk I appreciate your help but not the tone. At all.  I don’t know if you’ve ever known anybody that experiences mental health issues and I don’t plan on explaining all of mine here.  However I would expect some understanding and compassion that someone coming to this site for help might feel overwhelmed and struggle to deal with such a daunting situation when they have done nothing wrong.  Maybe are used to talking to people in such a way but I find it unacceptable.  I didn’t ask for a nursemaid despite that line repeating over and over again.  If not here to help people then what are they  here for? To make themselves feel superior by talking down to people?  It’s a shame to see this board reduced to this level of communication with people that are in need of help.     I am very far from someone that doesn’t self help.  Hence the questions to prepare fo next stages but like most humans have my own challenges as I’m sure we all do.
    • History You submitted a claim on 27/03/2024 at 14:23:56 Your claim was issued on 28/03/2024 A bar was put in place for Motormart Ltd. on 15/04/2024 Motormart Ltd. filed a defence on 15/04/2024 at 01:06:0 Motormart Ltd. filed an acknowledgment of service on 15/04/2024 at 01:06:07 DQ sent to Motormart Ltd. on 16/04/2024 Date of service of 11/04/2024 for Motormart Ltd. notified on 25/04/2024 at 17:39:23 DQ filed on 16/05/2024 Case Stay Lifted on 21/05/2024 General sanctions order was made on 21/05/2024   Do we know what the delay is? I have no options within MCOL
    • Tune into this fantastic FREE online information event hosted by the London Digital Jobs and Skills Hub on 27th June 2024.View the full article
    • already 3 months, 1st of March was when the local CC apparently wrote to CC business centre. I will call them again tomorrow
    • Still no CCA compliant paperwork then.. that's good for you. Response from them regarding your defence filing is funny! we enclose the 'application' haha no agreement in sight but they will continue with court anyway! the cheek.. No chance they go near a courtroom with that paperwork as exhibits. My advice is re-read your whole thread, many questions answered in 2023 it would be good to refresh your memory regarding the paperwork. Then read a load more claimform threads over the next week, in your downtime if still traveling alot.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Debt repayments

JOHNOR
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5749 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

long story cut sort.....

i am in £500 worth of debt, not my fault (although i don't want to go into it, family member etc...) westcot, the debt agency wants the money. i can't afford to give it all at once and would need to pay it off. the way things are for me at present, i would have to pay it off something like £10 per month, would they agree to this?

i don't have my own home, i live with my partner (who doesn't know about the debt) i am earning very little at present. The debt is regarding car insurance.

thanks in advance

Hi Johnor, glad you came over :)

You'll hopefully get some good advice from people on this site. It's an excellent resource :)

When you've had all the help you need, make sure you stick around to help others too!

Just think, if everyone left the site after they'd got their help, there might not be anyone left the next time YOU come back needing more assistance!!!!!!!

thanks so much for the replies so far.

i was just wondering will they not accept £10 per month? if i had my way, they would only get £1 per month :evil:

do i have to provide incomings/outgoings etc...

Do they have proof that you owe the money? Have you sent them a cca? If you are going to offer them anything offer £1. And NO you do not have to send them incomings/outgoings.

Beating the DCA's day by day

My fight:

NDR - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Bank of Scotland - CCA'd 12+2 passed

CFS - Win by Technical Knock-out!:lol:

HFC Bank - CCA'd 12+2 passed

Chantry Collections - CCA sent

Time flies like an arrow

Fruit flies like a banana :D

<---------- Have I given you top advice, have I made you laugh, click on the scales, it won't hurt you! :grin:

what do you mean proof that i owe them money :?

well, it's to do with car insuarance, basically the policy was cancelled and now there is monies owed. a letter was sent telling me this and then the next thing westcott sent me the "debt letter"

if i offer them £1, i presumed they wouldn't accept? could they take me to court?

ok, called them today, politley explained to the lady that i would like to make a suitable offer of repayment based on my circumstances, she cuts in with "we'll only accept a minimum of £20 per month" eek.gif

i genuinley cannot afford to pay them that, i told her "no, i won't be giving you £20 a month, i cannot afford it, simple as that" she said she would send me an incomings/outgoings sheet and i was to put absolutley EVERYTHING on it, then they would see if they could accept anything lower but she is not promising anything.

at the end of the day, it's tough sh*t, i physically cannot pay anymore than £10 and to be honest i don't want to even pay that, £1 is what i'd like to pay, i'm struggling to live as it is. what can they do now?

ok, called them today.........

Ok the first advice I was given is "never ever phone them!!" Put everything in writting and keep copies. How d you know this is really your debt if you do not send off a cca? It only costs you £1 and will give you a little breathing space!!

If they are phoning you, refuse to give out any security details as you do not know who they are!! They could be anyone!!

They will then be unable to continue the call under the data protection rules.

tell them you will only deal with this matter by letter from now on.

Hope this helps, it was advice that was given to me on here and it helped me to get on the right track:)

Ignore what they say to you John...you are the boss of them, not the other way round - so if you say £1 per month then thats what they will accept in a like it or lump it sort of way :rolleyes:

Better than that...you are under no obligation to pay them anything at all as they have no authority/power over you and can just be told to get lost :)

Ok the first advice I was given is "never ever phone them!!" Put everything in writting and keep copies. How d you know this is really your debt if you do not send off a cca? It only costs you £1 and will give you a little breathing space!!

If they are phoning you, refuse to give out any security details as you do not know who they are!! They could be anyone!!

They will then be unable to continue the call under the data protection rules.

tell them you will only deal with this matter by letter from now on.

Hope this helps, it was advice that was given to me on here and it helped me to get on the right track:)

Qualty advice, I learned the hard way. The second time they called me I denied all knowledge of knowing who they were, they said you rang us and I said prove it, they couldnt and again asked for my address and postcode. I said you could be purple aki, I wouldnt give purple aki my address, and she went right and hung up.

Stick to your guns mate, also try the CAB. They write to your debtors on your behalf, get interest frozen and make reasonable offers. Also, you dont have to be entirely truthful on your incom/outgoings sheet, make it work to your advantage, you only have to prove your incomings if it goes to court, not your outgoings.

Me v Barlcays Bank - Claim Stayed

Me v Jaguar Cars 1 - Won £1650

Me v Jaguar Cars 2 - Winning

Me v London Borough of Newham - Won, Warrant of Execution live

I find the "broken record technique" really good for those unwanted phone calls, I no matter what they say i just repeat the same line like" im not prepared to disclose my security details over the phone to you, send me a letter and i will deal with it!!" No matter what they say I just keep repeating this and they soon give up, after they realise they are wasting their time. It actually helped me to get more confident about answering my phone, I would never answer numbers I did not know as was living in fear, now its a pleasure to talk to them!! :)

so, what's the next step for me then, when they send me that incomings/outgoings sheet? what's this cca everyone is talking about? :shock:

a CCA is a request for the credit agreement you would have had to sign if the debt was for a credit card or loan for example, you did not in your original post explain what the debt was, so a CCA may not be appropriate

Im not convinced a CCA request is right for Car Insurance either. You would be asking for a copy of a Credit Agreement and I'm not certain if that would be correct for Insurance Docs.

The National Debtline or CAB will validate this area for you.

As for repayments. Pay what you can afford. You are in charge!

Their 'minimum requirement for payment' is meaningless (they are obliged to, and will, accept anything you offer) and you are also not required to fill out their incoming/outgoing statement. In fact, i would advise against it as they are just trying to glean as much information about you and your finances as possible.

Make your own I/O sheet and put down what you think is appropriate for them to know. Nothing else is needed. It's their problem if they don't accept it.

Never talk to them on the phone. They will say what ever they please. You need everything in writing only and use a site like this one to create a digital signature. Never use your own signature.

Online Personal Signature Maker - MyLiveSignature - Free Personal Signature Generator

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

Im not convinced a CCA request is right for Car Insurance either. You would be asking for a copy of a Credit Agreement and I'm not certain if that would be correct for Insurance Docs.

my car insurance IS CCA regulated.

The reason being is that I pay mine in monthly instalments, I think the insurance firm charges me a little bit of interest for doing so too. I would imagine that other insurance firms may follow a similar process.

As for repayments. Pay what you can afford. You are in charge!

Their 'minimum requirement for payment' is meaningless (they are obliged to, and will, accept anything you offer) and you are also not required to fill out their incoming/outgoing statement.

Why do you think that?

A creditor is only likely to consider an offer if it is a reasonable one supported by a comprehensive budget sheet.

In fact, i would advise against it as they are just trying to glean as much information about you and your finances as possible.

You should inform the creditors of any other debts, this way they are fully aware of the situation and that the offer of payment is reasonable compared to other creditors - usually this means that the offers are based upon a pro-rata calculation.

i don't have any other debts, just this one.

i am earning about £200 per month, out of this i have to pay internet fee, car insurance, petrol, and all other bits and bobs. if i show them this on the incomings/outgoings sheet they send me, surely they will have to accept my offer?

what about if my circumstances change in the future and i am earning more, do i have to make them aware of this?

i don't have any other debts, just this one.

i am earning about £200 per month, out of this i have to pay internet fee, car insurance, petrol, and all other bits and bobs. if i show them this on the incomings/outgoings sheet they send me, surely they will have to accept my offer?

they should certainly consider it.

Here is a good budget sheet:

National Debtline England & Wales | Personal Budget Sheet

what about if my circumstances change in the future and i am earning more, do i have to make them aware of this?

You should do, yes.

OK, wasn't sure about the Car Insurance aspect re CCA that's why i suggested getting some professional advice.

It's just been my experience that they want money and when they say their minimum requirement is £10-£50-£100 then that is just their way of trying to get as much out of you as possible. If all that you can afford is a £1 then it's unlikely they will return it saying 'that wasn't enough'. More likely they will cash it and say they want more. Should it get to Court it will show your good and honest intentions.

Creditors, in my experience, don't really consider offers based on your circumstances. They don't care that you don't have any money or very little of it, weather you can pay next months rent or not. They are not interested.

I've sent carers allowance proof and even a Bank statement showing i was over drawn and the rent cheque bouncing (before i knew better) and still the payment demands are for the 'full amount' by next Thursday and the phone calls stating 'we can accept no less than £80 a month.'

Although yes, showing your level of debt and inability to pay in a budget sheet doesn't hurt and it will go on the record, as such, the end result is not a more understanding and sympathetic creditor. I have been aware of far too much detail being asked for in their own pre-printed budget sheets: Car value, household goods, widescreen TV etc. Things that are none of their business.

Just wanted to make sure the Original Poster was aware of some of these tactics and outcomes.

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

OK, wasn't sure about the Car Insurance aspect re CCA that's why i suggested getting some professional advice.

I would imagine that not all car insurance policies are regulated, the only way to find out for sure would be to try and find the paperwork.

It's just been my experience that they want money and when they say their minimum requirement is £10-£50-£100 then that is just their way of trying to get as much out of you as possible. If all that you can afford is a £1 then it's unlikely they will return it saying 'that wasn't enough'. More likely they will cash it and say they want more. Should it get to Court it will show your good and honest intentions.

Sometimes it takes a bit of 'sticking to ones guns', a creditor usually will agree a low payment in the end, I have had hundreds of clients who have managed to have token payments of £1 agreed. It does take a bit of work sometimes, this fact-sheet is really useful:

National Debtline England & Wales | Debt Advice | Factsheet 14 What If A Creditor Refuses My Offer Of Payment

Creditors, in my experience, don't really consider offers based on your circumstances. They don't care that you don't have any money or very little of it, weather you can pay next months rent or not. They are not interested.

Well they should be, if they are not then request a copy of their complaints procedure and investigate a complaint to the likes of the FOS. Remind the creditor of their obligations under The OFT Debt Collection Guidance etc.

I have been aware of far too much detail being asked for in their own pre-printed budget sheets: Car value, household goods, widescreen TV etc. Things that are none of their business.

Totally agree with you, don't ever give that info out :)

so on their sheet that they will send me, if they ask for car value etc.. shall i ignore that? and i absolutley have to make them aware if i start earning more money, to be honest i'd rather not, seeing how this bloody debt isn't even really mine. :-x

I did get payment of £5 a month accepted in the end, although not offically. After 18 month i just started sending that amount each month until they wrote telling me what address to send payments to. In the meantime i ignored their letters asking me to call regarding my offer of payments. :) They have left me alone since.

The OFT Debt Collection Guidance.. hmm yes nice on paper and when you don't owe anything. Just words that nobody adheres to when you do owe money.

The numerous FOS complaints have all been dumped by the FOS. They almost refused to allocate as 'it wouldn't be successful so what's the point'. My complaints were mostly about CCA/application forms non-conforming to the regulations. Apparently i was 'barking up the wrong tree' taking that complaint to them and when asked if the many Debt Collection Guidance and Banking Code infringements could be looked at as well the answer was "well, if you owe the money you have to expect them to chase you for it".

Not to put others off tho. My complaint was about the supply of legal documentation and according to the FOS i was 'very brave to make the complaint' and that 'they follow the law but do not enforce it.' Others have had better luck!

Sorry, hyjacking the thread. Back to Johnor! :)

Edited by davey77

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything