Moorcroft Debt Recovery and Lombard Direct- Second Letter?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi KK

For some reason I thought it was a CC you had.

We need someone to check out the Prescribed Terms to see if they are all in place & if the APR,etc are correct.

I can see that there is no payment date specified but I'm not sure how important this is.

Did they send you a copy of the back of this form with the T & C ?

That was all they sent. :(

What's a CC?

Credit Card.

Well if they haven't sent you a full copy of your Agreement (whether it proves to be enforceable or not) you can write back & tell them the account is in legal dispute until such time as they comply fully with your CCA request.

Don't put the glum face on as it may well mean that they have only kept a photocopy of the front page of the Agreement & haven't got the original which they would need to produce in court.:grin:

That would tie-in with them piling the pressure on you as they know you have always previously relented.

I think at this stage you need to see some Srtatements if you have been paying that much money over such a long period & you have only paid off about 7 grand.

But before we start firing off letters & stopping all payments you have to decide whether you are up for the fight or are just going to keep buying an easy life with them?

Credit Card.

Well if they haven't sent you a full copy of your Agreement (whether it proves to be enforceable or not) you can write back & tell them the account is in legal dispute until such time as they comply fully with your CCA request.

Don't put the glum face on as it may well mean that they have only kept a photocopy of the front page of the Agreement & haven't got the original which they would need to produce in court.:grin:

That would tie-in with them piling the pressure on you as they know you have always previously relented.

I think at this stage you need to see some Srtatements if you have been paying that much money over such a long period & you have only paid off about 7 grand.

But before we start firing off letters & stopping all payments you have to decide whether you are up for the fight or are just going to keep buying an easy life with them?

Thanks! This is helpful, I'll ask them to provide the full agreement :). As for the statements, I did ask Moorcroft for a statement of account and I know they received my letter on 27/08/08 but they haven't even acknowledged this request. Also, I told Moorcroft in that same letter that I was stopping payments as the account was in dispute till they provided me with the CCA I had with them (which I never signed an agreement to pay them anything). I'm definately up for the fight- as long as I have grounds for one! That's where I feel insecure- cause I don't know if I've ground to stand on if they drop a fierce letter on me.

• 1 year later...

I got a phone call from moorcroft on friday night asking for my adress and postcode before they could say what they wanted I REFUSED. They said it was relating to a letter they sent out that I had not received.I still refused.Then today I got another call they informed me that I was regarding a debtof £362 within 14 days there will be costs and threat of bailiffs. He wanted me to pa over the phon with a debit card I REFUSED and said I would pay with my payment card from united utilities not possible, I said I would need to look into it he said if I contacted united utilities they would send me back to moorcroft. Have checked bill from December and I only owed £120 AND HAVE HAD NO CORRESPONDANCE FROM THEM SINCE THEN. I am reluctant to pay but dont know what else to do can anyone advise?

I got a phone calllink3.gif from moorcroft on friday night asking for my adress and postcode before they could say what they wanted I REFUSED. They said it was relating to a letter they sent out that I had not received.I still refused.Then today I got another call they informed me that I was regarding a debtof £362 within 14 days there will be costs and threat of bailiffs. He wanted me to pa over the phon with a debit card I REFUSED and said I would pay with my payment card from united utilities not possible, I said I would need to look into it he said if I contacted united utilities they would send me back to moorcroft. Have checked bill from December and I only owed £120 AND HAVE HAD NO CORRESPONDANCE FROM THEM SINCE THEN. I am reluctant to pay but dont know what else to do can anyone advise?

Stop talking to them on the phone, if they call again just tell them to put it in writing and hang up.

Davind