Pheonix/carter unknown CCJ For LIttlewoods 'cat' debt - **set aside**

andrew1402
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5578 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Could some one advise if this is useful in the OPs case

Claimant's duty to apply to set aside judgment

13.5 - (1) This rule applies where -

(a) the claimant has purported to serve particulars of claim; and

(b) the claimant has entered judgment under Part 12 against the defendant to whom the particulars of claim were sent.

(2) If a claimant who has entered judgment subsequently has good reason to believe that the particulars of claim did not reach the defendant before the claimant entered judgment, he must -

(a) file a request for the judgment to be set aside(GL); or

(b) apply to the court for directions.

(3) The claimant may take no further step in the proceedings for the enforcement of the judgment until the judgment has been set aside(GL) or the court has disposed of the application for directions.

Clearly they must now know that the defendant did not recieve the poc.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm... i wasnt aware of that one, but the Op needs to get the ccj set-aside.

I dont know too much about how to do this, i understand it needs to be done asap after the judgement, but im sure others will be on to help, who know more about it.

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

all i have got which i need help with is an N244 form and ex160 application for fee remission i've never done this before and there is no date on the n244 form i want this set aside i didn't live there in 2002 i have recieved no information about the debt only over the phone from the courts it's for goods recieved at an old address which i moved out of in 2000 i have wrote to the letting company for which i lived in the flat/house to provide me wth the evidence of when i moved out of the property in question any ideas to get this thrown out or set aside without an hearing.im on income support.Thank you all of you for your help on this annoying case.

Hi Andrew for your information N244

I will try to get back with more on your application to set aside later

13.3 (1) In any other case, the court may set aside (GL) or vary a judgment entered under Part 12 if –

(a) the defendant has a real prospect of successfully defending the claim; or

(b) it appears to the court that there is some other good reason why –

(i) the judgment should be set aside or varied; or

(ii) the defendant should be allowed to defend the claim.

(2) In considering whether to set aside (GL) or vary a judgment entered under Part 12, the matters to which the court must have regard include whether the person seeking to set aside the judgment made an application to do so promptly.

Regards

Andy:wink:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

You will base your reason on the following example i have posted from a previous case (ie in the large empty box):grin:

I wish to apply for a set aside as I did not receive the response pack when the claim was issued.Had I received the claim, I would have submitted a defence and counter-claim against the Claimant,as it is my belief that no credit agreement exists.

I was totally unaware of the existence of the County Court Judgment, until very recently, when I obtained a copy of my credit file from Experian. On the basis of that information, I requested a copy of the credit agreement on the xx xxxx 2008, from the Claimant, that the alleged debt refers to, under s.77/78 (Delete as ness )(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. My request has been completely ignored by the Claimant and they have now been in default of said request since xx xxxx 2008. I have enclosed a copy of the letter sent to the Claimant, as evidence of my request.

It is my contention that as a result of this and the aformentioned reasons, the Judgment has been improperly granted.

I would therefore respectfully ask the Court to set-aside the Judgment, on the basis that I never received the claim pack and consequently was denied the opportunity to respond to the claim; which I would have done as it is my sincerely held belief that no credit agreement exists.

Ok with the above? you now need to draft your Directions to attach to the N244 along with everything else ie CCA S.A.R etc as much detail as possable in the papertrail.If there are any questions you are unsure of on the N244 just post

Regards

Andy:-)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

andyorch i have not gone on experian yet an the letters are from bryan carter i sent him the letters requesting information because he acting on behalf of phoenix i did't send a copy asking for information on the debt does this matter.thanks m8 but would this work?courts thmselves have give me brief information like it's goods recieved at old address in 2002 from littlewoods phoenix bought the debt obviously but sent everything to old address until august this year bryan carter acting on behalf of phoenix sent me demanding letters did i need to send a request for information to phoenix as well as bryan carter or can i just carry on with this as you said andyyorch.i didn't live at the address in question i moved out on july 24th 2000 3 days before my daughter was born because it was a flat which didn't allow children we had to move out.

Edited by andrew1402

i sent a request for information to bryan carter 11th october still no information.so i send a copy of that to court and what else do i need to add to the evidence.do i take my papers to court because the court is a fair distance from my home and i don't have transport anyone please help.

Edited by andrew1402

• 3 weeks later...

hi i have had lots of help with my case against bryan carter which since i have requested information not heard of since story is i recieved 4 letters saying going to court etc you 258 i had a form from the courts i think 244 or 245 form to have the case set aside it must be 6 yrs old and goods recieved in 2002 from littlewoods phoenix have tried to get the money this information is from the courts which i asked for over the phone this is what they tol me it's from an address i have not been in since 2000 when my daughter was born i tried to get proof that i didn't live there in 2002 but to no avail but a letter from 2001 saying i moved in with my girlfriend at the time now wife from the council any august 2008 i get letters from bryan carter saying i owe this amount i requested information from him but no reply i filled out some forms from salford county court which is my local court as stated above i asked it to be set aside ive sent my papers of last week still waiting to hear then this morning a letter from the bailiff saying i owe £77.25 for a warrant back in october it is official it has hmcs the form the court sent was a n244 it is now phoenix recoveries uk ltd s.a.r.l v me anyway do i have to pay the warrant if im defending in court?.

The warrant will be a Warrant of Execution and the bailiff will be a Court bailiff - essentially a message boy.

Ring up the bailiff and explain the situation. Perhaps the bailiff will hold off until the matter is resolved.

BTW the warrant expires after six months.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

County Court bailiffs are salaried employees unlike certified bailiffs who work on commission. County Court bailiffs tend to be a bit more relaxed about things - but you still need to be careful!

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

If the CCJ dates back to 2002 then it has almost certainly died and gone to heaven (unless it was Dec 02). You would be in the clear on this one.

The best way to check is the Registry Trust - CCJs, court orders & fines - Search yourself and others - Trust Online - but you have to pay a fee of £8 I'm afraid. If you have had more than one address in the relevant period then it's £8 for each address.

Thinking this through, you have been served a Warrant. What date is the Warrant? It will have the case number on it. Ring the Northampton County Court Bulk Centre - 0845 408 5302 - and ask what the date of judgment was.

• 1 month later...

hi guys got my date for my hearing jan16th 09 i have asked to be set aside with hardly any evidence only a letter from council which just states MR (surname)moved in 2001 i forgot to send letters to court which i sent bryan carter im worried and very depressed i might lose i have not contacted phoenix or littlewoods im an idiot i sent request for information only to bryan carter which i only have post office reciepts of recorded delivery i have no response from him or phoenix only the courts i've checked credit file nothing of this in november if people want more information read my link bryan carter&co

any help of what to say at hearing would be useful.

Andrew, please write in proper sentences - it makes things much easier to understand and therefore more likely that you will get some help.

All threads merged in to 1. Please keep all update on here as its hard for people to keep track when there are multiple threads on the go.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Im just explaining how it is im not perfect at grammar just wrote whats going on.Put the link in here to so people can see whats going on an update and need some advice for what say at the hearing, i've never been before i'm not sure what to say.:(

andrew

this is quite a long thread so can you give me the short version

from what i can see you are applying for a ccj to be set asside, is that correct

if that is the case, when was the ccj awarded, date please

what are the grounds on having it set asside

you have a hearing on the 16 jan to set asside

is this correct

i have asked the case to be set aside on the grounds i didn't live there on year in question and lack of knowledge of the debt and i also put doesn't show on my credit report.i checked credit report in november no default i mentioned that on the phone to court they said it won't show yet they need will need to update but surly it would of updated years ago when i supposed to have originally been defaulted am i missing something here?, i got a print out of my report and is this a new default for a very old debt 2002 or can it get libeled because it's over 6 years old?. i need to know what i can say in my defence that will help me win if i can?.