Capquest Statutory demand help Urgent **WON + COSTS**

stuscfc
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4576 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You could also phone the court and ask if theyve rec anything...when this happened to me the delay was caused by the DCA sending the cheque and a sniveling letter asking the judge to reconsider...the clerk at the court accidently (on purpose) let this slip...its worth a try.

MONX

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could also phone the court and ask if theyve rec anything...when this happened to me the delay was caused by the DCA sending the cheque and a sniveling letter asking the judge to reconsider...the clerk at the court accidently (on purpose) let this slip...its worth a try.

MONX

Good stuff monx- if the DCAs are starting to snivel, CAG is working.

If it aint hurting (them) it aint working.

Well i did contact the court but the person i need to speak to wasnt there till tomorrow but i did contact CQ and this is what happened.

The account has been closed and sent back to the original creditor but how can they do this when they bought it 2 years ago which is what we asked them and they said they can send them back.Then we explained that we have an order of costs against CQ and we wanted to know where the payment is.At this they responded by WE DONT PAY CLIENTS :lol:.They the demanded to see it in writing we said you have when the court sent it to you.When i mentioned about the Warrant of execution (the lady was typing all the time) all of a suden she could see a payment and letter had been sent on the 9th also a letter to the court why i dont know.Seams funny nothing there then all of a sudden she found something.Anyway basicaly they were fobbing me off tbh ill give them tomorrow as if its special delivery then 2 days is to long and i will then go for the recovery action not taking crap anymore had enough

LOL im not a client im a creditor they owe me money which im going to get.I am giving them 48 hours as they said they sent it the 9th i have the court sending out the details of the enforcement material and then if nothing arives well you know the next bit.What gets me is that we the debtors are all thick we havent got a clue in there minds after talking to this lot thats they way i felt comming off the phone and they maybe no script to deal with a call like that lol giving answers to me which didnt seam logical tbh.

Well the post man has just been and still nothing from this lot looks like they were telling me porkies last night.So will contact my local court and see if they have had the so called letter from them before doing anything else may even phone CQ again.Also it dosent take 2 days for a special delivery as thats the way they would send it and they even told me to chase it up with the royal mail if it doesnt turn up lol thats not my problem.

When Equitable Life went belly up, my mother bless her went and sat in the reception on the floor and wouldn't move until they paid....which they did..!!! Looks like it might have to be the bailiffs Stuscfc. Shame you can't employ 1st Credit to get the money back.....

Are you adding interest ? ;)

• Haha 1

Once you have a court order in your favour the debtor - CQ in this instance, doesn't that sound really, really good - have 14 days to pay you. They haven't complied with an order of the court and as soon as they defaulted interest kicks in. To be honest the rate is crap, 3% above a base rate of 2% but its based on a daily basis so the longer they don't pay the more its going to get.

If they've not paid you by tomorrow I would send the bailiffs in to recover the cash. I would also write to the OFT - they are the ones who licence CQ so they shuld be told of their (in)actions and their attitude towards their creditors.

Accept nothing less than the full amount.

• Haha 1

Thanks for that m8.I have been reading up on it and what i have seen is the amount which is nearly 200 pound x 8% then divided by 365 this gives the daily interest rate.When do you stop adding the interest rate is it when you start the claim as in say i start the claim on monday that would be 5 days added interest to the amount owed and then add the fee on top.This is what i think it is.Why dont they just pay up and it be over then for me and them but i will not take anything less than the full amount why because the harrasment of the last 2 years and they are a company far better off than me financialy.Also i have complained to TS already about this will have to sort out the OFT complaint but with xmas and othere things and doing this now havent had the time tbh.I worked out the daily interest to be about 8.72% but not sure that is right any ideas.

I hope this helps some others who might have to go through this in the future but hopefuly the OFT and others get the act together on this.

Well as i have ben working night shift this week i got up at the normal time and gues what was comming through my post box as i was walking down the stairs the cheque from CQ. So panic over and a big thanks to everyone for there help with this.

May well be my works do in town today.Some of my work mates have been out since 1pm lol so i may go and join them and raise a glass to everyone on here.What i noticed aswell reading the letter that came with the cheque was the letter and envelope were dated the 9th and the cheque was date the 4th seams a bit strange but got it now so happy days.

• 1 year later...

Thought that while I was on, I would update this one.

I still don't have a valid CCA from Capquest - however, I keep getting letters from them advising me that as I ignored their SD, they would be sending the boys round to serve it personally.

I did ring them, and got a letter of apology, but they've sent two more threat-o-grams since then.

I'm not particularly bothered, but do like to make Capquest work for the money they are not getting from me - any ideas chaps?

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

• 1 year later...

Hi

Capquest have gone a little quiet now so think it is about time you reported them to the OFT if you haven’t done so already.

Please bear in mind that the template letter on the first page of this thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...=1#post3422496

may not be suitable for all and you will have to adapt it to your own circumstances I.E

You applied to get it set aside and CQ didn't turn up

You applied and CQ agreed to discontinue

You ignored and CQ did nothing

Today the OFT set out some new guidance and sending SD's as a debt collection tool is now frowned upon.

If you want to read it, here's the link

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/consumer_leaflets/credit/OFT664Rev.pdf You can complain by email and the OFT will email you back a form to sign and post back to them for them to be able to add your complaint to their list.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/contactus;jses...1D83BF0004F6EA

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi

Capquest have gone a little quiet now so think it is about time you reported them to the OFT if you haven’t done so already.

Please bear in mind that the template letter on the first page of this thread:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...=1#post3422496

may not be suitable for all and you will have to adapt it to your own circumstances I.E

You applied to get it set aside and CQ didn't turn up

You applied and CQ agreed to discontinue

You ignored and CQ did nothing

Today the OFT set out some new guidance and sending SD's as a debt collection tool is now frowned upon.

If you want to read it, here's the link

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/consumer_leaflets/credit/OFT664Rev.pdf You can complain by email and the OFT will email you back a form to sign and post back to them for them to be able to add your complaint to their list.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/contactus;jses...1D83BF0004F6EA

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE