Jon888999 v Various DCAS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5712 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to all of you.

I thought it was about time I started my own thread! So here goes.

A little bit of background information to start with. In 2003 i suffered a marriage breakdown with my ex wife taking my son to spain. So I was in no fit state to do anything. Before this I was a senior manager for a large PLC in the construction field. But just to kick me when I was down they made me redundant.

I had made a bit of money on property and had a good wage with a perfect credit history. However the money went to my ex wife ~(who also withdraw £500 per day in cash on an MBNA card with an 18k credit limit before we split! Oh and of course this was just an additional card on myaccount!) My wage was cut in half, so for 2 years I basicly lived on credit. I ended up with 100k in unsecured loans etc, this was still manageable until the company I was working for wrapped up and went into liquidation owing me over 10k in back pay expenses etc. So the bubble burst. Since this point I have been negotiating with my creditors or even just telling them thats all I can afford bankrupt me if you want. Thats always just shut them up! Well it did until Marlin came along they were not prepared to reach any amicable settlement.

But Marlin being so unreasonable has made me research my situation which is when I found this Forum. So now everytime I get a letter from a DCA, I CCA request them. Thankyou Marlin!

What i'm going to do is post evey time I get a communication from a dca, I'll start of in a bit.

Oh and as for my ex wife, my son now lives with me and she hasn't seen him for over a year!

Jon888999 - it takes just one greedy DCA to send everyone our way - and we can generally help them get their justice.

Sorry to hear of your problems but it sounds as if quite a few of these debts may very well be statute barred - statute barring takes place 6 years after the the last payment on the debt, not from the date the debt was first registered.

I too tell them 'make me bankrupt' and hope somebody will as it will solve a longer term problem ie that the bloodsuckers might decide to go for my meagre pension payments in 10 years time....

Jon888999 - it takes just one greedy DCA to send everyone our way - and we can generally help them get their justice.

Sorry to hear of your problems but it sounds as if quite a few of these debts may very well be statute barred - statute barring takes place 6 years after the the last payment on the debt, not from the date the debt was first registered.

I too tell them 'make me bankrupt' and hope somebody will as it will solve a longer term problem ie that the bloodsuckers might decide to go for my meagre pension payments in 10 years time....

Thanks, no unfortunately none of them are statute barred, I managed to juggle things to keep paying until late 2005. In reality I should have gone down the bankruptcy route in 2003 or 2005.

Still no CCA is almost as good as being statute barred. Most of my accounts are old from the mid 90's at the latest.

Edited by jon888999
typo

Hi jon, i wonder if you got made redundant from the constuction trade as i did in the early 90s lol, anyway the best way forward here is to start a new thread for each debt, this way no one gets confused (easy to do in this game). Just keep asking the questions and posting any devopments and im sure you will get all the help you need on here.

Regards CCM

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Yep, got made redundant from the Construction trade/Facilities management. However this was solely a way of getting rid of me due to my mental state at the time. I did win a tribunal claim and got extra money, but it nowhere near made up for my loss of earning etc. I'm still only earning about 60% of what I was then.

Hi.

I've done various cca requests for old accounts, which i'm waiting for replies or they are already in default.

I've got 2 old accounts which i'm still to CCA. These are a MBNA Creddit card from 1994 & a Capital Bank/HBOS Preference account from about the same time. What's the likellyhood that compliant agreements exist for these 2?

The preference account came as part of car HP which was settled in 1995 as the car wash sold the next year. I'm fairly certain that I didn't sign a seperate agreemnet. The preference account operating as Credit Card not a bank account. I also think this was irresponsible lending as the opening credit limit started off a £800 and was increased to about £13000. When I got into financial problems I was using this account to settle other debts(Stupid I know!) And everytime I got near the limit they simply increased it.

Thanks for any help.

I won't be around until next saturday now.

Edited by jon888999
Spelling

• 2 weeks later...