How to order copy statements

Guest NATTIE
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6430 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest NATTIE

As my name suggests I work for NW and from reading the threads of NW a lot of people seem to be having a lot of problems ordering copy statements so that they can work out how much the bank has charged them. With this in mind I hope other bank workers would be able to explain the process that their bank operates(from the point of view of the keying person) so that this first step, on the way to getting charges back, can be as quick and painless as possible.

So to begin, NATWEST process.

1) Mr X asks for copy statements from bank. For oct 2002 to present, order on usual system, pre Oct 2002 order from the NW Archive(available to all staff members)

2) Put a note on Mr X's account stating where to send the statement- either branch, Address on File or to another address. This also will state if the charge of £5 is applicable. (I'll expand on this point if necessary).

This should ensure that statements are sent out on time by Customer Service Centres.

If anyone reading this has had problems with NW copy statements then its worth checking with the bank after about 4 days after ordering copy statements to make sure that point 2 has been done because they do end up in a homeless file for a week before being destroyed if step 2 is not followed.

Guest NATTIE

Of course I can. When a note is put on an account this tells the customer service centre if a charge is applicable. For example, I've lost my statements and need copies- that's chargeable and the person who orders them also states that a charge is applicable. On the other hand should someone either not received statements or not received previous copy statements ordered(which I've seen a lot) then no charge is applicable.

That's the reason on a lot of NW threads I have said about ringing the bank a few days later, to make sure that step 2 is done and that if it isn't that one is done or that someone chases up the missing statements.

Guest NATTIE

just an additional point on this thread that I realised I had missed. When ordering from the archive you can only order 3 months worth at any one point. So, if you need to order from July 00 to Oct 2nd 2002 you need to order 3 months at a time. That means July 00 to Oct 00 then Nov 00 to Jan 01 etc,. You can do this at the same time so statements for this period of time can arrive at the same time. Note on screen essential or you get the NW response of not knowing where to send the statements. It's not rocket science just doing things the right way.

Guest NATTIE

I have waited for my 300th thread to admit an error(possibly slightly quicker than my bank's solicitor!!) I digress. To order from post Oct 2002 to present is done in one go. So Oct 5th 2002 to July 06 is done in one go with note on screen

********************October 2nd 2002**************************

************NatWest PLC computer system RIP**********************

*********October 5th 2002*************************************

***RBS Group computer system live at all branches*********************

Hope that wasn't too dramatic!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Natweststaffmember thanks for this info.

Alex Lyon's office received my SAR letter on 10th August so I think I will phone tomorrow to check whether the note is on my file.

I have a couple of questions though:

1. Which is the best department to phone to check that the note is on the account

2. What should I say if there is no note on my account?

Thanks again for your help

Natwest: Claimed back £635

Cahoot: Next!

Guest NATTIE

that is a toughie but alex lyon's office is a good one for SAR think orfoster has spoken to Joyce Tudor and Alex Lyons

Cheers, I think chasing up Alex Lyons or one of his staff would be the best place too. After all, that is where I have sent the letter.

I think I will just phrase the call as if I'm checking whether they have received it, and then ask where they will be sending them to.

To be fair I will probably leave it until the end of the week as I would be amazed if they have picked it up yet. I would imagine they are snowed under!

Natwest: Claimed back £635

Cahoot: Next!

Natweststaffmember,

Thanks for the info, i wonder about pre 2000 statement/transactional details, does your banks retrival dept. hold archives on microfiche for + 6 yrs records? It would appear that this is true for HSBC & Abbey and i assume this would be the same for all banks. Could you comment? Thanks,

Guest NATTIE

bitbob- I KNOW haw to get that info and I don't even need to call any number and all branches can get that info.

Guest NATTIE

I won't answer that but this may answer your question. In October 5th 2002 NW PLC computer systems was replaced by RBOS Group PLC system(real time banking). However the old system always kept a note on the account from when computers came into natwest in about 1991, when account went overdrawn and when charges were applied. Some NW claimers are getting DPA stuff with pre Oct2002 which is from the old system. Anyway, that remnant does still exist on what is called the NW Archive. So yes some data exists and I KNOW that statements can be ordered for further back than 6 years. The old NatWest system can also locate personal account numbers and business account details as it has a search facility. So you work out the answer and I have simply supplied the info.

Thanks for the info your help is very much appreciated. Your comments go someway to explain the common line from HSBC & others 'We are not required by law to keep 6 yr + records'. But when pressed to contact the retrival dept. for pre 6 yrs archived records the good lady at HSBC admitted that transactional details but not full statements pre 6 years are available and will be sent out.

I will just have to wait to see they turn up in my SAR.

Hi NWSM!!! Your posts are so helpful, thanks for spending the time to put us straight when we're struggling. Wondering if you can help clarify a point for me?

I send off a SAR to Alex Lyons with a £10 cheque as suggested by the site. I've logged on to my online banking this morning and there is a £5 charge for Historic Statement fee. So will they cash the cheque as well do you think? And will all my statements be forwarded or just a portion? Also (just to add to the questions!) I had a section in my letter about sending them to me at my registered address, so should I ring up and check this again, or is that a bit too much like overkill!!

Sorry, this has thrown me for a loop a bit! Wasn't expecting it!

Natweststaff am I right in thinking that one payment of £10 with the Data Protection Letter will cover both of my bank accounts and a credit card that I no longer use.

I have received my statements for the two accounts but have a letter from Southend asking for £10 and a cover letter.

Hi

Has anyone got the phone number for Joyce Tudor or Alex Lyons?

Thanks

Tony

------------------------------------

Natwest Claiming ????

*Sent S.A.R request 25th July. (enlocsed £10)

*Received letter requesting payment for £5

*Sent Cheque for £5 with covering letter 18/08/06

--------------------------------------

A question for Natwest Staff Member

When I sent my first letter (Data Protection Act) by registered post NatWest said that they never received it when I phoned to check on the status.

I was then told to fax the request and it will dealt with free of charge. So I faxed another (Data Protection Act) and they sent me the first two years of statements

I've now fax another letter requesting the rest of my file/statements.

But I’ve not been charged for this service as yet ????? confused.gif

Its all strange and worries me a little, because we all know that banks don’t do anything for free !!!!

hi

i sent my sar to bishopgate london.. it arrived on 13.7.06.. have so far had no response from nat west and the forty days are up on monday (21st).. should i be doing anything else e.g giving them a call to remind them? and if so does anyone have a nunber for that address..

karen

cap one - prelim letter sent 23/8 £460 owed

partial refund, now sod off letter received 6/9

lba 5/10, claim served 30th jan,

CAP ONE SETTLED IN FULL 15thTH FEB!!!

lloyds card services - prelim sent 23/8 £332 owed

sod off rerceived 25/9

lba 26/9

claim issued via mcol 13/10

awaiting papers from SC&M

court date set for 26th March

nat west - Data Protection Act sent 11/7.. non compliance.. considering court action.

non compliance letter sent 29/8 giving them a further 7 days- gave them loads more days!!

5/10 lba sent for pre action disclosure

settled in full 2.1.07

cahoot - Data Protection Act sent 7/8 on hold for a while

Tesco - prelim sent 6/10 £200 owed

Guest NATTIE

yes and yes and if something has been sent and not actioned then it is Bank error and would be done for free

Hmm I got home last night to find statements (yay!) but just 2 years worth, so I'm wondering will the rest come in a separate envelope or should I chase for them?

Interestingly, looking back through the first batch there are no charges! I've obviously operated my account better than I thought!

Found the Bank Workers section at last. I understand that old statements can be obtained, but what do I tell Natwest if I dont know my account number and they use that as amn excuse not to keep looking. What info do they need to find me or be pursuaded to keep looking. I imagined any other account number would have a link, or just name adddress and date of birth should do it. Please help.

Its WAR

I sent a SAR to Natwest for statements on 3 accounts. Statements for 2 of the accounts have turned up but the 3rd account hasn't. The 40 days is expired should I now report them to IC

• 2 weeks later...