Streamline.net - the home of appalling web hosting

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3476 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Why see what they say?

Write them a simple letter stating that any liability to CCI is denied as the alleged debt is currently in deep dispute.

That should be enough to send the "debt" back to streamline.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really believe that any correspondence with these lowlifes only gives fuel to their fire and I wish I had ignored their letters from day 1.

I have now received a "Notice of Intended Legal Proceedings" letter on 2nd January from CCI, dated on boxing day (someone at CCI must be very conscientious), threatening me with possible bankrupty, Enforcement Officers, winding-up order etc, etc. once judgement has been obtained (very presumptuous of them!).

I sent them a short letter stating that the alleged debt is clearly disputed and remains unresolved, and any demands before resolution will be considered to be harassment. Streamline have made no attempt to validate their claim other than with their own allegations and as both CCI & Streamline expect responses from me within 7 days, I would like the same courtesy shown to me or I will assume the matter is concluded and I will not respond further. Oh and a cheeky request that any further letters should contain a SAE (why should I keep paying the postage?)

So far no response.

I have discovered hundreds of similar cases regarding Streamline, and some of their victims have paid up when put under pressure but I haven't found one case where Streamline have actually been successful in court. I suspect thats because they haven't got a leg to stand on and they know it so they opt for scare tactics and intimidation instead.

Edited by Themod

Hi Notyouraverage,

I see no point in encouraging CCI by continuing a "reasonable" dialogue with them, regardless of how reasonable they may seem.

They want just one thing - YOUR MONEY.

If you're worried about your credit rating as shown by your CRA files, research further to see how many cases you can find where :-

1. Either adverse CRA data has been logged, or

2. Court action has been taken successfully.

I suspect such cases will amount to zero, or thereabouts.

Ignoring them would be my approach.

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Bankruptcy! do they claim you owe over £750 ?

Nowhere near. Their latest demand on 26.12.12 was for £158.96 to make it all go away.

I did think about paying it just to shut them up because being chased by these people is never a nice experience and although I am 99% confident of winning in court there is still that 1% of doubt.

And then I thought "Why let the bully win?" so if they want to take action then we will see what a court says but I will not reply further to CCI or Streamline.

If the alleged debt is less than £750, Bankruptcy is not even an option.................

................ which goes to show that their threats and nonsense and should be ignored.

They'll get bored after a while and move on to weaker victims who don't know how, or unable, to stand up for themselves.

:wink:

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Slick, the problem is they have instructed CCI a debt collection agency I feel its only matter of time before this gets out of hand and that it effects my credit rating, I work in a job role where I have regular credit searches there is a high chance this could effect my employment. CCI seemed reasonable I have much evidence to submit, lets see what they say.

Cant we get together and create a template letter / email and send this to watchdog perhaps? I know it sounds daft probably need 100's of people emailing them however the point I'm trying to make it that for company which has a significantly lower client base than large PLC they have awful reviews and many threads similar to this.

only the owner of a debt can mark your file.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

These **** have just sent me the following, after a welcome silence of many months:

"CCI

08:54 (18 hours ago)

to me

Dear XXXXXX

We have been instructed to contact you in relation to the above unpaid

account.

To make payment by card or cash via your local PayPoint outlet, click:

www.ccilegal.co.uk/makeapayment/?reference=1301DOL1389476

or call 0845 6710043 and enter reference 430384

To speak to a customer service agent, call CCI on 0845 6443738

Yours Faithfully

CCI Legal Services Ltd.

This message contains confidential information and is intended only for

the individual(s) addressed in the message. If you are not the named

addressee you should not

disseminate, distribute, or copy this e-mail.

For security and training purposes all calls are recorded.

Company No 04358908 - Consumer Credit Licence No 627305 - Data

Protection No Z5640292 - Registered Office Stanhope House Mark Rake

Bromborough CH62 2DN"

...now what do I do? This is an actual debt collection agency they've sicced on to me now, is this going to mess up my credit rating etc? I had really thought all this crap was behind me, and now I'm right back to being scared and paranoid again. And somehow the amount they claim I owe has gone up from about £95 to £140ish...what the hell? I can feel the panic starting, this feels like very real legal threats now.

Edited by Svartmetall

why are you getting yourself in such a silly tizz over a DCA?

have you not been reading around?

DCA's or their fake/tame solicitors are not bailiffs

they have no such legal powers.

read the letter properly...

instructed, asked, will you pay us some money we've been told you owe

oh and we've put our fake unlawful charges ontop too.

you or i could be a dca and send scary stuff out tomorrow

you've just posted on cag, i'm gonna send you a letter for £50..would you pay me..NO

forget the debt

get on with your life.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Svartmetall,

This is simply a scare tactic aimed at worrying you into paying. There will probably be further threats of court action, bailiffs, default markers, etc which you can also ignore.

Read post #102 above - that is how to deal with them. Or simply ignore them. User themod says despite looking at many cases, none have been found where actual court action has occurred.

Once they see you're not going to be intimidated and bullied, they'll move on to weaker prey.

:-D

I also have the same letter - Themods post - #102. CCI Legal get 10% of any money they can extort from people. So it's quite lucrative for them to use any unlawful means they can. Take a look at the OFT regarding a gym which used the same business model as streamline: "High Court rules that terms in thousands of gym contracts are unfair".

I too am being hounded by CCI Legal for an autorenewal of a 24 month contract.

I moved hosts 6 months before the end of the contract and my card details had expired so they didnt actually get any money out of me but it's unnerving continually getting hounded by a debt collection agency. I'm ignoring the letters and don't even bother opening them now.

But having never been in debt before (what am talking about I don't owe these bastards a penny!) it is unsettling and If I'm honest is on my mind alot. I need resolution.

I did initially make contact with the overseas customersupport, but they are a waste of time and obviously hear the same story day after day and are imune to it. They tried the usual thing... you pay x amount and then you'll have to cancel the contract afterwards( I don't think so!). I had a real go at the guy and he even admitted that they probably wouldn't cancel my account..

So at the min I'm sitting tight..

I did have a bit of a dig around though, some of you may find this useful

This man seems to be the main director (he's currently a director of 10 companies)

DIRECTOR:

BURTON, ANDREW MICHAEL MR

Appointed:

01/07/2009

Nationality:

BRITISH

No. of Appointments:

Address:

6 THE KNOLL

MALMESBURY

WILTSHIRE

SN16 9LJ

Country/State of Residence:

UNITED KINGDOM

Other Directors:

DIRECTOR:

MAUSS, OLIVER DR

Appointed:

07/12/2012

Date of Birth: 07/03/1965

Nationality:

GERMAN

No. of Appointments:

Address:

DISCOVERY HOUSE

154 SOUTHGATE STREET

GLOUCESTER

GLOUCESTERSHIRE

GL1 2EX

Co

DIRECTOR:

STEPHENS, IAN MR

Appointed:

28/04/2010

Date of Birth: 03/07/1963

Nationality:

BRITISH

No. of Appointments:

Address:

DISCOVERY HOUSE

DIRECTOR:

YEOMAN, SIMON CHRISTOPHER MR

Appointed:

22/01/2013

Date of Birth: 21/09/1973

Nationality:

BRITISH

No. of Appointments:

Address:

DISCOVERY HOUSE

154 SOUTHGATE STREET

GLOUCESTER

GLOUCESTERSHIRE

GL1 2EX

Recent Filing History

Documents filed since 07/12/2011

DATE

FORM

DESCRIPTION

25/01/2013

AP01

DIRECTOR APPOINTED MR SIMON CHRISTOPHER YEOMAN

07/12/2012

AP01

DIRECTOR APPOINTED DR OLIVER MAUSS

07/12/2012

TM01

APPOINTMENT TERMINATED, DIRECTOR ROBERT HOFFMANN

06/12/2012

AP01

DIRECTOR APPOINTED MR ROBERT NIKOLAUS HOFFMANN

06/12/2012

TM01

APPOINTMENT TERMINATED, DIRECTOR OLIVER MAUSS

30/10/2012

AR01

26/10/12 FULL LIST

30/10/2012

LATEST SOC

30/10/12 STATEMENT OF CAPITAL;GBP 133.088

20/06/2012

AA

FULL ACCOUNTS MADE UP TO 31/12/11

07/12/2011

AR01

26/10/11 FULL LIST

This Report excludes 88(2) Share Allotment documents

Edited by FightAgainstIt

Has anyone heard anything from either of these fraud artists recently - streamline / cci legal?

Not yet, but its only been a month.

I am expecting another letter from Streamline/CCI, possibly entitled something like "Final warning of immenent court action" with lots of angry words, threats and red ink. This is how these guys make money so theyre not going to give up easily. Their letters are pre-written and sent out by the dozen. It costs them hardly anything. But lets face it, they have a very weak case if ever they do decide to go to court and it could end up costing them money if (or should that be "when"?) they lose.

Google it. I cant find a case where Streamline have won, even though they have issued hundreds of threats.

Keep ignoring them. Eventually they will move on.

Received my third CCI threatening letter, for non payment bi annual payment to streamline.

Left them 9 months ago, told them I was leaving and moved domain but still they tried to plunder my account, luckily my card had expired.

I have no intention of giving these rouges a penny and would love for them to take me to court so I can quote" Payment Services Regulations 2009, regulation 55 parts 3 and 4", however I am concerned that theft is being committed on a large scale, and that many people would rather pay a fraudulent amount than take the risk that CCI legal will carry out their threats.

After a quick troll of the web it is obvious that steps have to be taken to stop both Streamline and CCI Legal, we should all pull together and as one voice contact trading standards ( in the towns they reside), financial ombudsman, and the police.

Hi David and welcome to CAG

How's the Holy Loch :wink:

I agree that complaints should be made to Trading Standards by everyone who is being chased unfairly for payments.

I assume they continue to behave in this way because some folk ARE bullied into paying, thinking they would get into trouble if they don't. They need to find CAG !

:-)

You should bring 1&1 into it as well, as they are doing the same thing, albeit slightly different.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have just received another letter from CCI legal, in addition to many emails since the new year, to which I have responded and clearly stated that I am waiting for a reply from one of their customer reps who requested information from me within 7 days which I supplied, however its been weeks since his reply, or lack of reply.

I think we should all draft a letter to send to the police, etc and other departments this is to much now.

I would ignore them, or simply contact trading standards.

The police will not be interested and approaching them is a waste of everyones time.

But certainly complain to your own local trading standards office about persistent demands being made for payments that are not contractually due.

:-)