Personal Debt ccj 1996.

pcah9
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5749 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had an ex friend ccj me in 1996 for a debt which i denied was my doing.

As soon i was aware that i was to be "ccj`d" i went to the bank that they used and paid £1-00 into his current account,this stopped any interest being added on the debt as i had made a payment.

At no time have i ever been given any account info,slips to pay in or any info whatsoever of how to pay not even on the ccj.

Since 1996 i have never paid anything even though it was a ccj and the plaintiff has never contacted me in any way,shape or form concerning any payment.

My simple question is:-Can a personal ccj debt as above still come into the category of statute barred as it is twelve years now.

Can i deny all knowledge of this debt?

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

The law of Statute is 6 years, so the enforcement of the CCJ is long gone, it should not be shown anywhere on your credit file. If however the debt was enforced by way of a charging order against your assets then that will be still very much live.

BB

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

No it was just a straightforward ccj for £x-00,no charging order ,nothing.

So if this person now decided to get this money would i have a leg to stand on,so to speak.

They have not but i like to be prepared in case.

CCJ's do not become time barred under statute.

If after no payment after 6 years if they claimaint now wanted to persue they would have to take you to court for reenforcement but they would need a hell of a good reason for the judge why they have not persued this.

Idax

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

and we mean good not something like i could not be bothered aqs i did not need the money but i do now.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

So if and when a letter ever arrives would you:-

Deny the debt?

write a prove it letter?

write a ok you go back to court and see what they say about it?

or, what would you do?