Attachment of Earnings order received!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have just picked up and letter with "an application for Attachment of Earnings order" from Welcome Finance for a loan.

I have tried searching this site for help on what to do with this letter before I fill in the "Form of Reply" and "statement of means"

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good forum post or help on what to do with this letter/form.

I wantr to fill it in and get it to the court here today if I can? Maybe there are things I can do beforehand to delay proceedings, etc.

Thank you

Steve

Hi Steve

Is the order from the Court?

If so I think you need to apply for a set-aside try looking here Removal of CCJ's - Valid reasons to have your judgements set aside for some initial ideas

Regards

Andy:)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi there, if the form is from the court it will have a number on it - can you tell us what that is?

If it is the application for attachment of earnings there will be a box at the bottom right hand corner where you can ask for a monthly/weekly payment plan instead of the deduction from your earnings.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Thanks Andy for the quick reply,

I have had alook at the 13 reasons and I honestly dont think I can use them.

I have not paid the loan for a while and admit that BUT i did have plenty of chats with them back along trying to sort it out, offering a lower amount per month, etc but they "fizzled out" then all of this. I had the County courts summons a while ago and endaevoured to fill it all in but it fell by the wayside, I forgot, which I know is very stupid of me.

I am quite prepared to pay something each month, albeit significantly lower, as referred to above but do not want them taking 15% of wages like they did last year for my council tax?!!?!?!?!?

I will not be able to live, literally!

Thank you

Steve

Hi Steve, I have removed the case number and application number from your post as you might be identified by those if the creditor were looking at the site.

OK, is it a N56 form issued by the court? if so you need to fill in the details they ask for and at Q.10 "Iwould like a suspended order because..." write in the reason i.e. it could jeopardise your job etc etc.

Are you able to make monthly payments towards this debt?

Ell-enn

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I'm afraid not - it's up to the judge. However, these forms do have a good success rate - judges are usually willing to give debtors a second chance to pay, it always helps to send the first payment with the form to show commitment (postal order is best - and write the claim number on the back) - are you able to do that? Make sure your figures on the income and expenditure part add up ok to show you can only afford what you have offered.

Also, there will be a time limit for returning the form - if you post it rather than take it to the court, you should send it by recorded delivery to ensure they get it.

Can you send me a PM telling me what your job is - I may be able to come up with a good reason for avoiding attachment.

Ell

Cheers Ell-enn,

Makes me feel a bit better, I want to pay it back but at a much lower amount. £25 per month is all I can afford at the moment and I have put that on the form. I can PUT some money in with it now, just about can afford it if I stop some other things, but am concerned it is too low compared agianst the debt (£7500)? What do you think?

My figures do not add up as I have been borrowing money from my mother each month to make ends meet. My outgoings are higher than my incomings, they look OK if I add my mothers lending into the Income table?!?! But they are very tight nonetheless.

I am a Project Support Consultant. I support Project Managers for a Large national insurance firm. They may not look kindly on this and I need a car for my work as I travel between offices a lot, if that is relevant.

I will be taking the form in this afternoon personally to the court, getting a receipt too!

Steve

If that is all you can afford there isn't much else you can do. Are you in rented property or do you own your own home?

If you put the reason being that you work for an insurance company and you believe it will affect your job security and therefore future ability to pay.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Hi everyone,

I given the statement or means into the court and they have told me what should happen next, etc. The opposing party will look at it and then come back with their repsonse, etc and we'll all go from there I presume.

But....

I have just been informed at work today that I am in a "consultation period" prior to posssible redundancy!

How does this affect any attachment of earnings order. Can I delay it stating special circumstances or such like. Obviously nobody can collect money if I am not working (earning).

Any thoughts would be gratefullt received!

Steve

Hi there, I would wait to see if your offer to make installments instead of attachment of earnings is accepted by the court. Obviously if you are made redundant you could then apply to the court to vary the judgement if you are not working.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

• Haha 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...