Proof of my income!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5748 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1st Credit are now asking me to send them proof of my income along with a list of my other expenses.

I have already sent them a copy of my expenses, but are they legally entitled to ask for my proof of income as that would mean sending payslips etc as I don't want these people knowing where I work!

Guest forgottenone
they legally entitled to ask for my proof of income as that would mean sending payslips etc as I don't want these people knowing where I work!

No. Merely relying on you not knowing they can't.

Guest forgottenone

And where you say 'expenses' does that mean the standard financial statement eg income/expenditure form. If so, they have all the information they need. But still they will ask.

Guest forgottenone

Very well. Only a court can request those documents of you. Not only will they have access to information which isn't required to assess your account status - eg NI, work place contacts where they will phone and hassle, which you obviously wouldn't want happening ... as it would affect your employment status for one with the disruption to colleagues receiving calls on your behalf - but will also be looking for anything on your bank statements ... guess what I am saying is ... they will look at these things, any surplues income they think you are spending too much on ... then set you up on a payment plan at their rate not yours.

Guest forgottenone

As to what to write back ... I had a letter for that from when I first joined CAG ... fact it was the same problem you are having now brought me here. Unfortunately, I wouldn't have a clue where it was now. But others will help with what to write back.

Guest forgottenone

I shoulda explained ... mine was cobbled together from other posts/threads here that had the relevent information eg legilsation, things like Data Protection eg someone intercepting sensitive private documents like bank statements in the post, purely to protect your own finances but also your privacy and things about courts only being allowed to request them. These companies know damn well they can't yet will still try it on. They will all claim 'it's our own internal policies' ... yep, ones that break the law and OFT guidelines.

But others will help with that to put. Mine was sent ages ago and I've really forgotten what I put in it. Well, seems like years ago anyway.

1st Credit are now asking me to send them proof of my income along with a list of my other expenses.

I have already sent them a copy of my expenses, but are they legally entitled to ask for my proof of income as that would mean sending payslips etc as I don't want these people knowing where I work!

No! they are not entitled to demand proof of your income, or anything else for that matter, pay them only what you can afford, as in your I&E, and ignore their demands, they have no rights whatsoever

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site