Advice on Lowell letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Mr Anchovy. Do not get yourself too concerned as to whether or not the Leeds Losers signed for the letter or not. Its safe to assume that they would have got it two working days after you sent it. The Courts accept that letters sent by 1st Class post are deemed delivered after two working days.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can now expect a letter saying they are preparred to offer anything between 60 to 80% off the debt amount......when that doesnt work, they will close the file :)

From personal experience very recently I can confirm the above as a true and accurate statement. :D

From personal experience very recently I can confirm the above as a true and accurate statement. :D

I opened one of their threatograms recently addressed to the previous occupant offering a whopping 80% discount....i couldnt help myself with the laughter after i read it :D

You can now expect a letter saying they are preparred to offer anything between 60 to 80% off the debt amount......when that doesnt work, they will close the file :)

I can confirm that you will get this once in a lifetime wonderful offer twice before they admit defeat. They have diddly squat hence the apparent discount offer. 80% of nothing = nothing

Yup, I went through the exact same series of letters from the Leeds Losers.

75% discount (for one day only)

another about two weeks later- the 75% discount was still avialable. (Sorry, we're still looking for the agreement)

The about 6 weeks after I sent the CCA request O got a letter confirming that they didnt have the agreement and wouldnt contact me again.

(Thats what they think- they also bought £4000 of unlawful charges, plus interest when they bought my account!)

I feel robbed - I only got a 63% discount!

:-D

But got the offer twice and then they conceded defeat and closed the file.

Thats what they think - they got the letter asking for money back, defaults removed, etc and they replied with "Case Closed".

They are now in receipt and processing my Formal Complaint - they've had that 2 weeks now - they have 4 weeks and must reply. Wonder what they will say?

In ten days you will get another saying exactly the same.

****NOTE to Lowell Guests watching. Time to tell Andy B to rewrite the threatomatics. We are wise to his silly games*****

****NOTE to Lowell Guests watching. Time to tell Andy B to rewrite the threatomatics. We are wise to his silly games*****

Apparently the mysterious Andy B doesn't read anything he signs :rolleyes: According to one of his threat monkeys anyhow. Won't lower himself to speak to the great unwashed either.

• 2 weeks later...

Letter received 10/11/08 but dated 3/11/08

(My CCA request sent 11/10/08)

"I can confirm our client has yet to furnish us with your agreement"......

....."there will be no further correspondence from us until the agreement has been received at which point we will require payment in full"

Is this them giving up?

Can I expect anymore bull from them?

Do I get my £1 postal order back?

Mr A

I didn't get my pound back! Hasn't stopped me hassling them for it though. My last correspondence to them was that I was sending my request to my pre-litigation department :D I am quite willing to issue court papers for this pound, however, they have promised to send me my pound next week. We'll see.

Just as another note, Alison Sheppard of customer services who is handling my request for my quid also never takes calls from the public :-x Do any of these people who sign letters ever speak to outsiders?

PS Your letter sounds as though they are dragging it out towards the inevitable conclusion of a closed file - fingers crossed.

Edited by fiftypence

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Back again!:confused:

Letter received today (21st Jan) from Lowells, with "original credit agreement" enclosed. I requested CCA from them 11/10/08 and eventually received the "file closed" letter on 02/12/08.

The "original credit agreement" is a very shady photocopy dated 2001.

Anyway, why are they pestering me again? I thought they had 10+2 days to find the CCA, it's been more than 70 days now. Should I now find out if this "debt" is indeed statute barred?

......or just ignore them for a while again.

regards

Mr A.

Edited by Mr Anchovy

You dont have to send the Account in Dispute letter. Clownells are so called professionals and as such should be aware of their LEGAL responsibilites. Its time enough sending the dispute letter if they send any more begging letters without complying with their Legal duty.

If you send them the Stat Barred Letter then this places the onus on them to prove otherwise

• 2 weeks later...

Mr Anchovy Its a completely different letter. Are you living in Scotland now? If so send them this

Dear Cretins or Dear Sir/Madam

Your Ref : xxxx

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOU OR ANY COMPANY YOU MAY REPRESENT

I refer you to your letter dated xxxxxx

I note that you have established that my account will fall under the jurisdiction of Scottish Law.

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself.

I would point out that under The Prescription and Limitation (Scotland) Act 1973 Part 1 Section 6 "If, after the appropriate date, an obligation to which this section applies has subsided for a continuous period of 5 years:

(a) without any relevant claim having been made in relation to the obligation, and

(b) without the subsistence of the obligation having been relevantly acknowledged,

then as from the expiration of that period the obligation shall be extinguished:"

The last acknowledgement of this alleged debt was made over five years ago. Unless you can provide evidence of payment or written acknowledgement from myself in the relevant period under Part 1 Section 6 of The Prescription and Limitation (Scotland) Act 1973 , I would respectfully suggest that you are no longer able to take any court action against myself to recover the alleged amount claimed.

yours etc

If you are now living in England or Wales then send letter M