Rimmel Lip Plumping Lip Gloss.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5744 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI

One of oue close friends was married on June 25 past and i was the best man for my sins.As we were going to be on many of the pictures Lynn decided we should mke an effore and look our best.For me it was easy as i had the formal kilt get up,Lynn purchased a new dress got hair done,etc.In Boots she found the above product but did not want the lip plumping although the colour was too good to pass.After a couple of days she realised something was wrong and her lips started to swell.Due to this she did not appear in many of the pictures and as we were away on our holidays did not visit the doctor.When away the swelling and the pain was so bad wereturned home for treatment.The doctor could not believe the mess and she was treated for chemical burns,after two courses of treatmens things are almost fine now.

The lip gloss had no details on it so we don't know what she is alergic to,has anyone else had similar experiences and is there anything we can do.This product ruined our day at the wedding and we had to end our holiday so treatment could be sought.

Any advice is wolid be a great help.

Alan.

Edited by S.A.M.
Typo

Ow. 'Fraid she must have just had a bad reaction to something. I'd e-mail Rimmel's UK head office pronto and ask for an ingredient listing to pass on to her doctor. The most important thing is finding out which specific chemical caused it so that she can avoid it in future; having a spontaneous allergic reaction can often mean that she could be hyper-sensitive to similar products later on.

-----

Click the scales if I've been useful! :)

I would be looking at the Product Safety Regulations and the Consumer Protection Act.

My first instance would be to contact Boots as they are the supplier and can be held liable as such. If it is doing this, tere may be a need for a product recall. I would also call Trading Standards as well - immediately.

Hi Alan

There are many ingredients which have the potential to cause an allergic reaction. A quick google searchs shows she may be allergic to Lanolin which is commonly used in lip gloss and can result in the symptoms you describe. Its also commonly in lip gloss and some lip balms. This is just a first guess at the most common allergy so I would recommend she see her GP to arrange a dermatolgical allergy type test to determine exactly what it was.

You can download the ingredients from the Rimmel website for their lip products but I cant see any for the product she used*. I would give them a couple of days to respond to your letter as it would be advantageous to have a list of the ingredients when she sees her GP - she can also compare it to products she uses with no reaction and compare ingredients to narrow it down.

* go here and in the drop downs put lip gloss and glossy pumping, it will show one product which looks like the right one, just below there is a PDF you can download for the ingredients of all their makeups, its 63 pages long and I cant see it in there but I may be missing something, worth a look regardless

skb

Edited by skbuncks
misplaced capital letter

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

Victory over Vodafone: default removal

click!

Victory over Lloyds PPI claim £2606 click!

Barclaycard lazygoing - £580 + £398 contractual int at 17.7 % click! (Received partial payment £110 21/11/06)

The GF's battle against RBS click! stayed awaiting the end of the world

Hi

Back from a weekend away and going to spend some more time going through the replies and the links again.Lynn's lips were fine but flaired up again thes eve and is in some pain with small blisters that ar continually bursting.

Again,we are thankful for the replies and the help we have been offered.

Alan.