• Tweets

• Morning dx and thank you for your message.   With regards to your comment about them not needing to produce the deed, the additional directions ordered by the judge included 'a copy of any assignment o the debt or agreement relied upon'  so that is why I thought that point was relevant?
    • Sorry for the long post but I don't want to miss out any relevant information: My wife bought a car from Trade Centre UK and have been having nothing but trouble with it. Unfortunately we paid of the finance used to buy the car as we weren't expecting this much trouble with the car as we we though we would have protection as buying from a dealer. We are wondering if we can still reject the vehicle since the finance plan has been paid off. Timeline is as follows: 13/12/2023 -15/12/2023 Bought car from Trade Centre UK for £10548 £2000 deposit paid on credit card on 13/12/2023 £8548 on finance from Moneybarn (arranged through Trade Centre UK). picked up car on 15/12/2023 Also bought lifetime warranty for £50/month 25/12/2023 Engine Management Light comes on. The AA called out and diagnosed the following error codes: P0133 - Lambda sensor (bank 1, sensor 1) Oxygen Sensor. Error Message : Slow reaction. Error sporadic P0135 - Lambda sensor heat. circ.(bank1,sensor1) Oxygen Sensor. Error Message : Component defective Due to it being Christmas took a few days to get through to them but they booked me in for 28/12/2023 to run their own diagnostics. 28/12/2023 Took car in to Trade Centre so could check the car – They agreed it was the Oxygen Sensor and Booked me in for repair on 30/01/2024. I was told they had no earlier slots, and I would be fine to carry on driving car when I said I was afraid of problem worse. During diagnosing the problem, they reset the Engine Management Light. During drive home light comes back on. 29/12/2023 - 29/01/2024 I carry on driving the car but closer to the date, engine goes to reduced power every now and again – not being a mechanic I presumed that this was due to above fault. 20/01/2024 Not expecting any more problems paid off the finance on the car using personal loan from bank with lower interest rate. 30/01/2024 Trade Centre replace to O2 sensor (They also take it on a roughly 60mile road trip which seems a bit excessive to me – I can’t prove this as something prompted me take a picture of milage when I handed car in but I forgot take one on collection – only remembered next day.) 06/02/2024 Engine goes in reduced power mode again and engine management light comes on – Thinking the Trade centre’s 28 day warranty period was over I booked the car the into local garage for the next day to get problem fixed under the lifetime warranty package. Fault seems to clear after engine was switched off. 07/02/2024 In the Morning, I take it to local garage who say as the light gone off – the warranty company is unlikely to cover the cost of the repair or diagnostics and recommend I contact them when the light comes back on. In the evening the light comes back on and luckily I manage to get it back to the garage just before it shuts for the day. 08/02/2024 The Garage sends me a diagnostics video showing a lot error codes been picked up by their diagnostics machine including codes for Oxygen sensor and Nox Sensors, Accelerator pedal and several more. Video also shows EGR Hose not connected to the intake manifold properly, they believed this was confusing the onboard system as it is unlikely this many sensors would trigger at same the time but they couldn’t be certain until they repaired the hose. 13/02/2024 Finally get the car back as it took a while to get approval and payment for the repairs from the Warranty company. Garage told me to keep an eye the car as errors had cleared with the hose but couldn’t 100% certain that’s what caused the problem. 06/03/2024 Engine management light comes on again. Fed up I go into Trade Centre as I was just around the corner when it happened and asked them how to reject the car or have the problem fixed. They insist that as it’s over 28 days I need to get the car fixed under the warranty package I purchased and they could no longer fix the car as it was over 28 days. When I tried telling them it appeared to be the same or related problem they said they couldn’t help as I hadn’t contacted them earlier. I asked them if they were willing to connect the car to the diagnostics machine and tell me what the problem was, as a goodwill gesture, which he agreed to do and took the car to the back He came back around 30 minutes later and said they took a look at the sensor they replaced previously and there was nothing wrong with it and engine management light went off when they removed the sensor to check it. When I asked what the error code he couldn’t give me an exact fault but the said it one of the problems I told him earlier (Accelerator pedal). I have this visit audio recorded on my phone – I informed the reps I was recording several times. As the light wasn’t on, local garage couldn’t book me for a repair under warranty. 07/03/2024 Light came on so managed to book back into local garage for the 12/03/2024 Whilst waiting to take car into garage, I borrowed a OBD sensor and scanned for errors on the car. This showed the following errors: P11BE – Manufacturer specific code (Google showed this to be NOX sensor) P0133 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Response too Slow 12/03/2024 Took car to local garage and the confirmed the above errors. This leads me to believe that either Trade Centre UK reps lied and just reset the light or just didn’t check properly (Obviously I am unable to prove this) 22/03/2024 Finally got the car back as according to garage, the warranty company took a long to time to pay for the repairs 28/04/2024 Engine management Light has come back on. Using the borrowed OBD scanner I am getting the following codes: P0133 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Response too Slow P2138 - Accelerator Position Sensors (G79) / (G185): Implausible Correlation I have not yet booked into a garage as I wanted to see what my rights are in terms of rejecting the car as to me the faults seem related. I can’t keep using taxi or train to get to work every time the car goes into the garage as it is getting very expensive. Am I right in thinking that they have used up their chance to repair when they conducted the repair end of January or when they refused to repair it in February ? If I am still able to reject the vehicle could you point to any sample letters or emails I can use. Thankyou for your advice on my next steps.
    • Ok noted about the screenshot uploads. In terms of screwing up I had one previous ticket that defaulted and ended up in a CCJ from Southend airport because for some reason during COVID I didn't receive their claim form just a notice of default. This hospital ticket was the 2nd ticket that went to CCJ due to a lack of knowledge of the process. Maybe it's easier just to pay them in future I'm thinking though, I don't get them very often anyway
    • Car maker takes a hit from weakening demand and price war in the world's largest electric vehicle market.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Simplex Parking - Still at it !!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4884 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Lamma , sent you an email, I didnt get original envelope as this arrived via ****** who own the vehicle .

What ive scanned is what i got ie no letters attached, what is MCOL please ?

Edited by Duke916

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Dear, Nathan`s at it again (Simplex Parking)

This reminds me of the tactics used previously by a certain debt collection company (wes*** credit services)

It`s simply a claim form you can download or print online from the HMCS website. It`s a attempt to co-erce money without going through the proper process ie court.

Having completed this form,Simplex Parking HAVE to submit this to court, The Court then allocate a claim number and then THEY send a court stamped claim form and explanation pack to the defendant with a summons date to attend on a certain date at a court local to the defendant.

A full list of HMCS documents and explanation notes can be found here

Making a Claim

, select "Forms and Guidance" then select County Court in work type and you`ll find a list forms and stuff.

There is also a online realtime system here

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco2/index.jsp

You can check the status of any county court claim there

as sweep1 said. plus ring autolease, ask them is there was anything else in the envelope. of course there is a not small problem with the papers if they are real... but let us not mention it in public... at the moment and laughing me head off at incompetence shown. But it is Simplex...

Thanks for the info Lamma and Sweep1, udate for you all, I have been busy today speaking to solicitors and the police, without saying to much as the wrong people will also read this, I now have a crime reference number, this has been taken very seriously, I feel the tables are about to be turned in my favour. On Tuesday I have been asked to produce EVERYTHING I have and its alot, to Telford police, I will keep you posted:)

Edited by Duke916

Can you believe it?

I sent them an email today via my lease company as i was informed they have never sent me an email cancelling my FINE !!!

Just got this back tonight

Hello Sir,

This PCN has already been removed Free Of Charge.

Kind regards

Ranjat Singh.

SIMPLEX LEEDS OFFICE.

-----Original Message-----

To: [email protected]

CC: My leasing company

Sent: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 16:57

Subject: Re: Parking Notice Issue

Once again, seeing as you dispute you were ever sent this, to remind you my invoice says fine, as you are well aware YOU cannot fine me.

The PCN in question was Dated 170308. against VRN ******

--- On Tue, 9/2/08, [email protected] [email protected]> wrote:

[email protected]
>

Subject: Parking Notice Issue

To:me

Date: Tuesday, September 2, 2008, 3:39 AM

Please provide Full Details of your PCN notice.

I have spoken to Emma and on this occasion it will be cancelled.

SIMPLEX

Edited by Duke916

Lots of things have gone on today, all I feel I can add is a word of warning to everybody on these forums PPCs most certainly do monitor these forums without necessarily posting, as has been proven today, unfortunately due to the public nature I cannot go into greater detail, those who I know and trust feel free to pm or email me

Lots of things have gone on today, all I feel I can add is a word of warning to everybody on these forums PPCs most certainly do monitor these forums without necessarily posting, as has been proven today, unfortunately due to the public nature I cannot go into greater detail, those who I know and trust feel free to pm or email me

There is a sticky on this very point:

Be careful as to what details and documents you post here on CAG

Anyone posting on here should read it and take heed of the advice.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...
Ladyjan, Im shocked to hear of what has happened to you, and also disturbed greatly that TS are giving out such advice let alone your solicitor !!!!

Is there anyone with any legal experience on these boards who might like to comment, it all sounds outragous to me and in my opinion for what its worth should be illegal

Yes, the advice you've had is, frankly, pants. You need to rethink your choice of solicitor.

You can recover these funds for a multitude of reasons.

Firstly the alleged debts were unlawful, so you owed no debt.

When they clamped you for owing debt they did so unlawfully because you did not owe debt and as such had not breached the T&Cs. That said (and a note to people who are still, stupidly, in my opinion, telling people to stay silent) it would have done to tell Simpleton Parking that you owed them nothing. In any event, clamping is a remedy for tresspass. If the landowner at sites 1 and 2 were different to the landowner at site 3 then I'd contend you couldn't trespass on site 3 on the basis of having any alleged outstanding breaches of contract at the previous.

Simpleton are taking the mick. You do have cause of action to recover the funds in full.

Like I said earlier on this thread, I got done by these people in Telford back in February, I now have a lot of information about the operator, I know where he lives and where he works from, he is not registered at company house, nor is he vat registered, in my case he had no contract with the landowner (written contract), and to top it all it would appear the whole operation is carried out from his bedroom, now who is being illegal? I hope he reads this, come on take me to court !!!

If he's not VAT registered I'd suggest you report this chap to HMRC.

• 2 months later...

hi fellow simplex parking services haters

i have an address for these monkeys

it is

Roland Gate

leegomery

telford

tf16zh

They appear to have a breakdown and recovery service aswell

get this its the same PO BOX 287

so boys we know where you are now ?????????????????

My son in law got a ticket and we have sent a std letter back from our lawyer. they sent us a notice of appeal procedures asking for all our details,who was the driver our daytime and mobile phone numbers .

as if they are getting them: but just for you guys the driver was

mickey mouse and the phone number is disney 1234.

they aint gonna get paid and we will see them in court.

SO BRING IT ON SIMPLEX YOUR POST JUST GETS FILED UNDER R IN THE BIN my advice to any one who gets scammed by comics is to ignore all communications they send but send a letter asking for any evidence they have and that this is the only communication they will get until the requests are meet. then if they do go to court and they have not answered your simple requests first then do them for harrasment.

BUT DO NOT PAY ANYTHING TO THEM OR THERE DEBT BOYS

just say see you in court.

• 1 year later...

My parents are pensioners and live in Telford. They recently parked at the Severn Gorge Pub car park at 8am to visit the adjacent car boot sale. After 15 mins they returned to find that Simplex Parking Services had clamped my fathers car. They demanded £200 in cash to release his car (an X reg Toyota). Basically; £200 represents 2 weeks pension and this entire practice is nothing more than legalised mugging.

But dont forget the low life traders (such as The Severn Gorge Pub) who give permission for these **** bags to steal from people. I can only assume that they receive a cut from the [problem].

additionally; a 8am my father was the 9th person "caught out". I notice that Simplex are definately earning enough to have to pay VAT, yet there is no mention of this or the VAT element on their paperwork. This is illegal (you do not want to "mess with" the VAT office). Additionally; do the hosts (or should that be hoists) declare their takings? Why not provide the Inland Revinue with copies of their receipts? - Just a thought.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I registered after doing a Google search for Simplex Parking and found this thread.

I have to confess that the England match is about to start, and I'm posting this without reading the majority of this thread so apologies if my contribution duplicates an existing post.

I'm doing a bit of research on Simplex after someone I know got stung for £300 from Simplex after parking at Trench Lock Garage in Telford.

They argues the bill down from £700.

My friend then organised a protest of the garage.

Details and YouTube video of the protest of the Garage here.

The garage owner Chris Evans calls his customers '****'.

Chris Evans' wife is Heather Evans.

I had a close look at the Simplex website. Look at the copyright notice at the bottom. Interesting, huh?

A domain investigation reveals:

Registrant's address:

Po Box 287

Telford

TF1 6ZH

United Kingdom

So Simplex are a Telford company.

My friend is organising another protest this coming Friday 25th June at about 5pm. Basically they put £2.50 in and then take their time shopping ;). Anyone wanting to protest against clamping should pop along.

Edited by Spinball

Today is 23rd June - presumably you meant to write Friday 25th June?

All of these are on behalf of a friend.. Cabot - [There's no CCA!]

CapQuest - [There's no CCA!]

Barclays - Zinc, [There's no CCA!]

Robinson Way - Written off!

NatWest - Written off!

• 5 months later...
Guest GraceCourt
Copy of letter i got today, anyone know of this company?

You might wish to note that the company is committing at least one criminal offence contrary to the Companies Act 2005 and Regulations 6 and 7 of the Companies (Trading Disclosures) Regulations 2008, made under Sections 82 to 85 of the Companies Act 2006, in that the company name is not shown, nor does it indicate the fact that it is trading as a limited company.

It has (in tiny print) the company registration number, but it is also required to show the [exact] name of the company, its registered office address, and the fact that it is a limited company (showing the name followed by the word "limited" is sufficient). It's missing from the letterhead, but it must be there. It should be reported to Trading Standards (yes, I know, but if you give up then their "do nothing" strategy will have worked).

Details from Companies House records:

JACK RUSSELL DEBT COLLECTION & LEGAL PROCESS SERVERS LIMITED

REGENCY HOUSE

3 ALBION PLACE

NORTHAMPTON

NORTHAMPTONSHIRE

NN1 1UD

Company No. 03375039

Guest GraceCourt

A domain investigation reveals:

Registrant's address:

Po Box 287

Telford

TF1 6ZH

United Kingdom

So Simplex are a Telford company.

It might be useful to others here to know that the Royal Mail does NOT provide accommodation addresses, a Post Office Box is merely a system whereby your mail can be pre-sorted, e.g. invoices go to PO Box 100, sales material goes to PO Box 200, etc.

What this means in practice is that ANYONE is entitled to obtain the delivery address for a PO Box number completely free of charge and without even having to give their name, address, or even any reason for wanting to know. Just ring up the Royal Mail Business Centre or Sorting Office for the post town for that PO Box (cities will have several and you need the correct one), and ask.

Note that:

• Sorting offices usually only open until noon or 1 p.m. so don't miss them by ringing in the afternoon;

• Don't ask for the name of the box licensee as Royal Mail will (correctly) tell you that the Data Protection Act 1998 prevents them from doing so. But the other side of the same coin means that if someone (who doesn't know the rules) says that the DPA 1998 prevents them from disclosing the address, point out that the address is not "personal data" within the meaning of the Act, and ask to be transferred to the Operations Manager for that area to complain and to demand the delivery address. You are 100% entitled to do so and to be given the delivery address.

DPA does not come into play for potential legal proceedings or to get legal advice. S.35 I think. RM will still claim it of course ! If the address is 'protected' this avenue will not get you anywhere. many dodgy firms have claimed 'protected' status.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GraceCourt
I had a reply to my LBA today from the landowners and they state that Simplex do NOT have permission to be working on thier land, whats my next step? Thanks Alba

I'm afraid I don't know the details of your case but the relevance of the contract between the clampers and the landowner is pertinent to the extent to which the clampers are, or are not, acting lawfully. So, the significance of what you now have is that you can use it to prove to the District Judge, in the arbitration hearing, that the clampers could not have been acting lawfully.

Technically, the letter doesn't "prove" these facts in proceedings, but in reality you would supply copies in advance to the Court and to the defendant company to support your assertion that they weren't acting lawfully: that gives them a chance to dispute what you are saying, in which case you would then require them to adduce "strict proof" in their defence to your claim. Obviously, you know in advance that they can't, and the District Judge will have a copy of your letter in his/her bundle anyway, just to make things interesting if they were silly enough to come up with something "iffy"...!

So, carry on, and proceed to recover what you paid out as an outstanding debt against the person or company to whom you paid the money.

Edited by GraceCourt
typo