1st Credit Not Complying With Stat Barred Debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4155 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks babybear39 I will indeed have this one set aside. I don't know what they would gain by making me bankrupt. There's not much if any equity left in my home, and there would be other creditors before them who would take priority. Infact I don't think there would be enough to go round considering the state of the housing market at the moment.

Now regarding this SD. It was sent 2nd class post (24 pence) and what makes me laugh is that every sd they send me looks different. This one is spread over 3 white A4 sheets of paper with no blue triangle in the top left hand corner. Also no court name is given. It is however "Form 6.1". It asks that I phone them to find out which court it is or if I want to discuss payment. Infact reading between the lines, the covering letter emphasises phoning them...In fact all they seem to want to do is to manipulate and bully me down the phone...It ain't going to happen. :rolleyes:

An SD isn't issued by a court, so no blue triangle. You need to call your local county court that deals with bankruptcy to get it set aside.

DO NOT PHONE 1st crud, there's no need. The SD is more than likely a bullying tactic and abuse of process but you really do need to take it seriously.

Do as I said in post #43 and also ask the judge at the hearing for punitive damages as they've done this 3 times before. That'll slap them on the wrist ;)

I'm going to apply to have this sd set aside this week. I work near the High Court in Central London so will go down there in my lunch hour.

There are a few things I am unsure of though. What information will the judge expect from me? ie. details of the debt and when it was last acknowledged or paid. I only know it was approximately 6 years ago. Also, as well as me thinking it's stat barred, should I also give the reason of having it set aside was asking 1st Credit to prove it wasn't Stat Barred to which they never replied? Basically the debt is still in dispute and they are pursuing it and shouldn't be.

I am a little nervous of sitting in front of a judge and also don't want to look a fool because I hadn't got my defence in order.

Thanks babybear39 I will indeed have this one set aside. I don't know what they would gain by making me bankrupt. There's not much if any equity left in my home, and there would be other creditors before them who would take priority. Infact I don't think there would be enough to go round considering the state of the housing market at the moment.

Now regarding this SD. It was sent 2nd class post (24 pence) and what makes me laugh is that every sd they send me looks different. This one is spread over 3 white A4 sheets of paper with no blue triangle in the top left hand corner. Also no court name is given. It is however "Form 6.1". It asks that I phone them to find out which court it is or if I want to discuss payment. Infact reading between the lines, the covering letter emphasises phoning them...In fact all they seem to want to do is to manipulate and bully me down the phone...It ain't going to happen. :rolleyes:

If it doesn't specify court then it is invalid

DO NOT CALL 1st crud.

As you know where to take it that's fine, do that, but do not ignore the SD.

Another poster mentioned making 3 copies, 1 for you, 1 for the court and 1 for the DCA.

You must be joking, no way!

I will make 3 copies of the sd though. Thanks babybear39!

No. But seeing as you're applying for it to be set aside, you can't actually deny recieving it ;)

I would like to use the fact that it was sent 2nd class post as one of the reasons for setting aside. Would this be a good idea?

I would like to use the fact that it was sent 2nd class post as one of the reasons for setting aside. Would this be a good idea?

I believe the letter (no pun intended) of the law states first class post provided all other attempts at correct service have been tried, i.e. personal service at home, place of work, letters asking for a specified appointment time for the purpose of serving the SD, etc, only if all those fail then first class post can be used. Won't do any harm I guess to mention that 2nd class was used to see if the judge picks up on it. But it might be a bit risky to use that as the sole reason for set aside.

I believe the letter (no pun intended) of the law states first class post provided all other attempts at correct service have been tried, i.e. personal service at home, place of work, letters asking for a specified appointment time for the purpose of serving the SD, etc, only if all those fail then first class post can be used. Won't do any harm I guess to mention that 2nd class was used to see if the judge picks up on it. But it might be a bit risky to use that as the sole reason for set aside.

No, the reason for setting aside is that it is Stat Barred. It is also in dispute. They can't chase a debt that is in dispute.

If it was me in your position, get the stat demand to the court....reasons are...

The debt is barred by the Statute of Limitations Act 1980

As you received the demand by second post you believe that it has NOT been served properly.

Despite your rights, you have received no statements, notices of assignment, no default notices, no letter before action. And to this day all you have received is a letter saying 'YOU OWE US THIS'

Claim your costs back @ £9:25 per hour + postage + mileage + parking

Send a letter of official complaint to 1st Credit, if they fail to respond or NOT to your satisfaction....

Report them to the FOS (Who will charge 1st Credit c £450 to investigate)

The FOS may also compensate you if you have a financial loss