AA Financial services ppi claim-centrica personal finance.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Clarkywrx,

I too took out an agreement with the AA and is now trying to get a letter out to them to try and claim some money back but is just wondering which address did you sent your letters out to? Did you sent it to the AA directly or BoS directly, or both? and I would really appreciate if you can give me those addresses so that I can send my letter off.

Thanks for your help.

London

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Clarky,

this was posted 24 Dec on your thread by bobby h.

I understand from your correspondence that you made a subject access request (S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)) to Barclaycard and made specific reference to bank statements and to charges levied on your account over the last six years. Barclaycard responded by confirming that it would supply you with information from your bank statements from May 2004 onwards; however statements prior to this date would only be provided at a cost of £3 per sheet. It went on to explain that this was because these older statements were only stored on microfiche which is not a relevant filing system for the purposes of the Act so did not have to be provided as part of a Subject Access RequestThis statement from Barclays is in fact not accurate as microfische is classed as a relevant filing system.

I will look for the relevant posts about this and copy here when i find them

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hello clarkywrx.

please see this ref my last post. very usefull on the microfische issue.

ICO - The Employment Practices Code

I hope you are doing well with your battle ;)

aa

Extract from the above link.......

This means that automated and computerised personal information kept about workers by employers is covered by the Act. It also covers personal information put on paper or microfiche and held in any ‘relevant filing system’. (MY interpretation of this is if they have copies on microfiche and it is kept in a filing cabinet, desk, or transferred to an electronic system then it qualifies as a relevant filing system. This is something else to ask about in your SAR) In addition, information recorded with the intention that it will be put in a relevant filing system or held on computer is covered.

Only a well structured manual system will qualify as a relevant filing system. This means that the system must amount to more than a bundle of documents about each worker filed in date order. There must be some sort of system to guide a searcher to where specific information about a named worker can be found readily. This might take the form of topic dividers within individually named personnel files or name dividers within a file on a particular topic, such as ‘Training Applications’

Edited by alanalana
text added

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Hi Clarkywrx,

I too took out an agreement with the AA and is now trying to get a letter out to them to try and claim some money back but is just wondering which address did you sent your letters out to? Did you sent it to the AA directly or BoS directly, or both? and I would really appreciate if you can give me those addresses so that I can send my letter off.

Thanks for your help.

London

London,

The address I sent my letters to is: Centrica Personal Finance Limited,Thistle House,City Road,Chester,CH88 3AN.

I then received letters back from Halifax Bank of Scotland who said they had taken over the accounts.

Hope this helps,

Simon

• 1 month later...

Just a little update on my claim.

The 8 week deadline I gave them to reply is nearly up now and i've heard nothing from them :(

What should I do next ? Maybe give it a week or two but what should I do next if I hear nothing ?

Hello clarkywrx,

Just a little update on my claim.

The 8 week deadline I gave them to reply is nearly up now and i've heard nothing from them :Cry:

What should I do next ? Maybe give it a week or two but what should I do next if I hear nothing ?

Give them nothing (no extra time as the 8 weeks is a statutory response time no response then you take the matter upward and onward. The call is now up to you court for non compliance or FOS for the same. It would seem that CAG prefer the court route but use the FOS (time consuming and a long wait in most cases although my complaints were resolved within 4 months) and you have the court option as a backup, Use court and fail and the FOS will not take up your case, it is your shout good luck with whatever route you decide upon;-)

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hello Clarkywrx,

Hello aa,

If I go down the FOS route,what should I write to them bearing in mind i've already had a succesful claim ?

When you say successful claim I assume (hopefully correctly) that you have made a successful claim ont the PPI Policy is my assumption correct?

aa

Or is this something completely different?

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hi everyone,

The 8 week deadline for Centrica to reply to my claim has now passed with no response from them :evil:

If I choose to take my complaint to the FOS,what do I need to tell them ?

Find the contact details from their website and give them a call. They will most likely start to fill in a complaints form and send it up to you for completion.

When the form arrives fill in the blanks and send it back with copies of all the correspondence between you and the lender. Include copies of everything you have CCAs, terms and conditions etc. It is pretty much straightforward and they will be very helpful but painfully slow due to the massive surge in claims. (they are now getting 500 new complaints every week:eek:)

Be prepared for a long wait

aa

questions? just post and you will get some help

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Hi people,I've just got in from work and have a letter from Bank of Scotland :confused:

It says " Thank you for your recent letter. I'm sorry to hear of your concerns regarding the insurance applied to your loan.

Unfortunately,the information you have provided is insufficient to investigate your concerns. I would therefore ask you to telephone us on the above number as soon as possible. Please have your policy details to hand when you contact us.

We are keen to deal with your concerns as quickly as possible,however our investigation may take some time. The Financial Services Authority allows us upto eight weeks to investigate complaints and it is our intention to deal with your concerns within this timescale and provide updates when appropriate."

Now there's a few things I don't understand. Bank of Scotland told me they couldn't investigate these policies as they were taken out with AA Financial Services (Centrica) before they took over so I sent my claim to Centrica Personal Finance and now I get a reply from Bank of Scotland :confused:

I've already given them more information regarding these 2 policies than I did with my first succesful claim. I have given then both loan agreement numbers,the dates the loans were taken out,sent them a copy of my credit report which shows dates and amounts of monthly payments etc.

What more information could they need ? The oldest loan was taken out in 1999 and the next one was in 2000,could it be that they don't hold any information regarding these policies anymore ?

Sorry for the long post but I really need some advice regarding this ;)

hello clarkywrx,

Hi people,I've just got in from work and have a letter from Bank of Scotland :confused:

It says " Thank you for your recent letter. I'm sorry to hear of your concerns regarding the insurance applied to your loan.

Unfortunately,the information you have provided is insufficient to investigate your concerns. I would therefore ask you to telephone us on the above number as soon as possible. Please have your policy details to hand when you contact us.

We are keen to deal with your concerns as quickly as possible,however our investigation may take some time. The Financial Services Authority allows us upto eight weeks to investigate complaints and it is our intention to deal with your concerns within this timescale and provide updates when appropriate." And here we have a claim to AA no response in 8 weeks then at the midnight hour a response from BOS saying information provided insufficient and we need another 8 weeks. I smell a rat in delaying tactics. They know they have mis-sold 90% of claims for mis-selling are being upheld by the FOS, so the longer they retain the monies they will have to pay back the better for them and total frustration for you.

Now there's a few things I don't understand. Bank of Scotland told me they couldn't investigate these policies as they were taken out with AA Financial Services (Centrica) before they took over so I sent my claim to Centrica Personal Finance and now I get a reply from Bank of Scotland :confused:

I would IMO write to the BOS and inform them all the information has been provided and they by virtue of the last minute response must be aware of the full information already provided to the AA and centrica to state it is insufficient. If that is so perhaps you should ask them how they have received the information they hold what they hold as you see a potential issue in possible breach of the data protection act ie one organisation passing personal information to another without informing you.

I've already given them more information regarding these 2 policies than I did with my first succesful claim. I have given then both loan agreement numbers,the dates the loans were taken out,sent them a copy of my credit report which shows dates and amounts of monthly payments etc.

What more information could they need ? The oldest loan was taken out in 1999 and the next one was in 2000,could it be that they don't hold any information regarding these policies anymore ? It is possible they are hunting down as much information to try and fight your claim but also see above comments.

Sorry for the long post but I really need some advice regarding this :wink:

I would write back send recorded and ask them to spell out what information they already hold on your claim for mis-selling and what additional info they require. Give them a 7 day deadline to respond or you will submit formal complaint to the FOS or Court action whatever you have decided.

Hope this helps

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Yes they do in my case just short of 12 months but FOS upheld two complaints and the ICO slapped RBS on the wrist for failing to comply with principle 6 (non complaince of a SAR within 40 days) of the Data Protection Act 1998. Overall not a bad result my money recovered £10K + and a smack in the mouth to RBS for shoddy work.:D

ICO also told bank to start training it's staff properly on who owns what.

I eventually started to get duplicates of duplicates sent special delivery very rewarding to see them squirm a bit after a long slog.

Sadly since the demise of RBS I along with millions of other taxpayers own a lot of the bank so essentially I am paying myself back my own money with my own money :-o Good ere innit:D

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Just got in from work and have received ANOTHER letter from Bank of Scotland.

Yesterdays letter was dated the 30th March in which they stated i've given them insufficient information for them to investigate my claim.

Todays letter is dated the 2nd April and says the following " I'm sorry for the delay in replying to your complaint. Details of your complaint have been referred to Customer Relations for a review in accordance with our Internal Complaints Procedure. We're currently investigating the issues you have raised and will write to you again,once we're in a position to provide you with a full response."

So,what does everyone think to that ? Do I just wait now and see if they respond within the next couple of weeks or so,or shall I write to them and ask them what's going on ?

hello clarky,

Just got in from work and have received ANOTHER letter from Bank of Scotland.

Yesterdays letter was dated the 30th March in which they stated i've given them insufficient information for them to investigate my claim.

Todays letter is dated the 2nd April and says the following " I'm sorry for the delay in replying to your complaint. Details of your complaint have been referred to Customer Relations for a review in accordance with our Internal Complaints Procedure. We're currently investigating the issues you have raised and will write to you again,once we're in a position to provide you with a full response."

So,what does everyone think to that ? Do I just wait now and see if they respond within the next couple of weeks or so,or shall I write to them and ask them what's going on ?

Yesterdays letter was dated the 30th March in which they stated i've given them insufficient information for them to investigate my claim. (Standard response give us more info so we can make sure the claim is delayed as much as possible)

Todays letter is dated the 2nd April and says the following " I'm sorry for the delay in replying to your complaint. Details of your complaint have been referred to Customer Relations for a review in accordance with our Internal Complaints Procedure. We're currently investigating the issues you have raised and will write to you again,once we're in a position to provide you with a full response." (They are getting clever and learning every way possible to delay any possible settlement on claims either through requesting further information from the claimant, stating you should take your case to the FOS (they know there is a huge backlog on settlements through the FOS. Or requesting you to fill out a questionnaire the same questionnaire they failed to fill out at the point of sale of the PPI to ensure the product was suitable:eek:

So,what does everyone think to that ? Do I just wait now and see if they respond within the next couple of weeks or so,or shall I write to them and ask them what's going on ?[/QUOTE]

IMO you should follow your instincts, take secondary advice before action, record every piece of information both ways. Try and stay happy within the CAG as lots of people are trying to keep a deconflicting scenario,

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from