Who actually owns this debt?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5799 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am having trouble in finding out who to deal with on an old account.

It was originally HFC Bank, then my DMP payment log showed payments being made to Aktiv Kapital , now that has changed back to HFC Bank and the default for this debt on my credit file shows Olympia Cap Asa/Thames Credit (Hfc) !!!

I sent my CCA to Aktiv Kapital and had no response. It seems like it is being passed around to everyone anyone who is interested in it.

This always ticks me off. I entered into an agreement with the OC, NOT Aktiv Kap, NOT Olympia Cap/Thames Credit or anybody else.

As far as I am concerned my agreement is a confidential matter, how dare they pass it around like cakes at a tea party. Does the DPA cover this aspect?

Imagine if my doctor started passing my medical records around for anyone to pick up when they fancied..........

Do I just ignore all of this and go back to the OC?

it does depend due to some companys buying the debt, which means they then own it and other companys being passed the debt and using the words our client , this then means who ever they work for owns the debt. Look at your recent letter and see what it says.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

it most certainly would.

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.

I am having trouble in finding out who to deal with on an old account.

It was originally HFC Bank, then my DMP payment log showed payments being made to Aktiv Kapital , now that has changed back to HFC Bank and the default for this debt on my credit file shows Olympia Cap Asa/Thames Credit (Hfc) !!!

I sent my CCA to Aktiv Kapital and had no response. It seems like it is being passed around to everyone anyone who is interested in it.

This always ticks me off. I entered into an agreement with the OC, NOT Aktiv Kap, NOT Olympia Cap/Thames Credit or anybody else.

As far as I am concerned my agreement is a confidential matter, how dare they pass it around like cakes at a tea party. Does the Data Protection Act cover this aspect?

Imagine if my doctor started passing my medical records around for anyone to pick up when they fancied..........

Do I just ignore all of this and go back to the OC?

HBC used to sell creditors debts to Olympia Capital. But Olympia Capital were bought out by Aktiv Kapital in 2004. Thames Credit were instructed by Aktiv Capital to collect these particular HBC/Olympia Capital debts.

It's my opinion that AK may well have given this back to HBC because it's unlikely there is no CCA's for these agreements. This on the back of many CCA requests to AK for this particular type of debt.

It would be interesting to see what response you'd get from HBC (re a CCA request), but you can forget Olympia Capital as they don't exist any more.

Not that it's important but one of the original founders of OC (alledgedly) got done for tax evasion. The other Co-founder is on the board of Aktiv Kapital.

Just hate every DCA out there

Some interesting replies thank you!

Having regained a little of my composure, :o I think I will ask my DMP who is receiving the payment for this debt, that will be a good start I think.

But if they are making payments to a DCA then would it be a good idea to CCA them and the OC together??

Some interesting replies thank you!

Having regained a little of my composure, :o I think I will ask my DMP who is receiving the payment for this debt, that will be a good start I think.

But if they are making payments to a DCA then would it be a good idea to CCA them and the OC together??

The new regs which came in in may this year mean that for the purposes of CCA requests the DCA is the "creditor", and as such are responsible for providing you with the agreement

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site