MBNA - Still Trying

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5765 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just made a nice recording of MBNA arranging for a partner company to call me with a view to sorting out a secured loan on the property to clear my credit card debt.

This is despite being told the property being my wife's, (and always has been, she would need to sign). I also pointed out that I have a large C/C balance with them which is in serious default at the moment. He didn't think it would be a problem.

So, I am going to get my wife to take out a secured loan, to clear my 10k C/C balance, which is in default on a cr*p unenforceable agreement.

Oh really?

David

PS: Is it worth sending a copy of the tape to the OFT?

DEFINITELY! It is a total breach of OFT Guidelines. They don't deal with individual complaints but they will add it to MBNA's complaints file. Every now and then they rise up and slap offenders on the kisser and it's only a matter of time before one of these big institutions loses its consumer credit licence. I've got the champagne on ice ready for that day!

Yeah, think I will.

OFT wrote to me out of the blue recently, (with a consent form which means they can raise the matter with them), about 3 months after I copied them with the garbage I had got from MBNA re a Section 78.

Nuisance is, I only just got myself out of the 'WTF do you want' mode in time, could have strung him along further.

David

Please please report them to the OFT and everyone else, i'm not allowed to say what i think of them on here!!!

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Just made a nice recording of MBNA arranging for a partner company to call me with a view to sorting out a secured loan on the property to clear my credit card debt.

This is despite being told the property being my wife's, (and always has been, she would need to sign). I also pointed out that I have a large C/C balance with them which is in serious default at the moment. He didn't think it would be a problem.

So, I am going to get my wife to take out a secured loan, to clear my 10k C/C balance, which is in default on a cr*p unenforceable agreement.

Oh really?

David

PS: Is it worth sending a copy of the tape to the OFT?

Cashins, Is there anyway you could edit out the bits that could identify you and post it up on here for us all to have a listen?

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Hold up,

I'm helping a friend with Abbey/MBNA at the moment.

Guess what the first thing they told her to do was? And it was phone only.

I did an SAR for her and they included the details about advising her to get a loan.

OFT here we come.

Attached is a transcript of the call.

Got a big headache, my heart goes out to audio typists everywhere!!!

You will note that I told a bit of a porky, (our house), to keep it running. In fact, I have never had a financial interest in this property or any other for 6 years now.

David

PS - I am fairly certain the company name in question is First Union, although the 2nd word was a little fuzzy on the tape.

Teltransedit..doc

I must admit that I have lain in wait for them on this one.

This is not the 1st call on the subject, just the 1st that I have recorded.

No doubt the will come out with the usual guff about over zealous staff, will address training issues, etc. However I will send it along with the 3 written offers that have been sent over the last 6 months, all while the account was on a payment plan, or as now, no payments being sent at all. This should give evidence of a pattern of offences which is harder to deny.

Does anyone have an address for Chester TS, as my local office is worse than useless?

David

Complaint & evidence sent to Cheshire TS, copied to OFT, today.

As a matter of interest, FOS is still following up on my complaint to them regarding the illegible CCA that MBNA sent me. It's now at the adjudication stage.

We shall see.

David