1st Credit are definitely taking me to court!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5714 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Speak of the devil. Came home to find a letter from LCS, obviously sent before they received my AQ copy:

Dear Sir

We write further to our letter of 7th July 2008.

You were provided with a copy of the agreement and statement in relation to tha above debtr. The statement shows that you have spent this money and so benefitted from the card.

We note the contents of your defence but our client disagrees with the points raised. Even if the original creditor did not send you a default notice a substantial part of the debt can still be claimed in arrears.

If this matter proceeds to trial the costs are likely to accumulate, with this in mind our client would be prepared to settle the claim on the basis of you agreeing to pay £20 each month for a period of three years. A total of £720 (for a debt of almost £8k).

Please call XXXNo. to discuss the proposal.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

LCS

Sounds like they aren't keen to go to court.

You have them worried, you now have to consider your position, you may want to come to a settlement, or you may think your case is strong enough to go thro with it, its your call. like i said they have to pay again now to carry on, they would get it back from you if you lost.

Im just pointing out the possible downside, not trying to sway you either way

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

• 2 weeks later...

subscribing, good luck. Very interesting they are prepared to accept £720.00 on a debt worth so very much more. Have they split the claim ?.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I think it's obvious from the contents of LCS' latest letter that they know they'll lose in court.

Given that LCS aren't real solicitors anyway, I think you've made the right choice.

Just subscribing to this thread and was interested to read this.

ScarletPimpernel - what do you mean by "LCS aren't real solicitors anyway"? Their letterhead clearly seems to imply they are - I can't find them listed on the Law Society website however there is a David Barry Davies trading as LDS Solicitors.

I wonder what is going on here - should we tell the Law Society about this deception? I thought it was illegal to purport that you are a solicitor when you aren't.

Regards SS

I'm in Scotland so i don't know if this is of any help, but I was due to go to court tomorrow, and have just telephoned court to check what time to attend, and was told that 1st credit lodged a minute stating that if i submitted a defence, the case was to be dismissed. Chancers are all this lot are. Good Luck!

subscribing, good luck. Very interesting they are prepared to accept £720.00 on a debt worth so very much more. Have they split the claim ?.

Nope. Nothing to indicate that, just an offer based on £20 a month for 3 years, debt cleared.

It suggests they paid absolute peanuts for the debt, and MBNA don't really want to know now they've got shut of it. Makes you wonder if it's even worth their while coming all the way to Yorkshire and paying fees on such a weak case, given what little they must have shelled out for it in the first place. They're like gamblers, placing a stake on a hoped-for outcome. Unfortunately, they probably win most of their bets, long before it gets anywhere near court.

Edited by Yog sothoth

I'm in Scotland so i don't know if this is of any help, but I was due to go to court tomorrow, and have just telephoned court to check what time to attend, and was told that 1st credit lodged a minute stating that if i submitted a defence, the case was to be dismissed. Chancers are all this lot are. Good Luck!

Hmmm, interesting. Well, if they haven't submitted their AQ by Monday, the claim is struck out. Not heard anything so far.

Nope. Nothing to indicate that, just an offer based on £20 a month for 3 years, debt cleared.

It suggests they paid absolute peanuts for the debt, and MBNA don't really want to know now they've got shut of it. Makes you wonder if it's even worth their while coming all the way to Yorkshire and paying fees on such a weak case, given what little they must have shelled out for it in the first place. They're like gamblers, placing a stake on a hoped-for outcome. Unfortunately, they probably win most of their bets, long before it gets anywhere near court.

Yes you've got their number, that's exactly what they do.

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

It's D-Day today. If my mates at LCS/1st Crapit didn't get their AQ etc in to the court by now, the case is struck out.

Incidentally, what's the significance of that? I realise it means it's taken off the court's records but can they subsequently file a new claim?

As i understand it they cant do anything if its struck out, however the court could stay it instead, then you would have to apply to the court to have it struck out, costs you £75, but lets wait and see what happens.

If you are impatient you could phone the court at 1601 today to ask if they have filed i suppose.

subscribing- hope you are successful.

Nationwide-A&L-Halifax 1-Student Loans Company-NatWest-Virgin Media-Link-Capital One ALL WON!

Thames Credit -statute barred sent 13/11/08

BCW- prove debt letter- 14/08/08

Apex- CCA 14/08/08

Redcats UK- SAR 14/04/09

Call Serve- CCA 14/08/08

Littlewoods- no CCA letter 03/09/08- Lowells now

Wescot- CCA 19/9/08

Capital One/Debitas- now with Lowells

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All information has been obtained from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

• 2 weeks later...