Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5042 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hiya Guys,

I got this letter this morning from optima legal delaying tactics you think ? as its now past 14 days the letter was also not signed

Do you think i need to send a response to that letter?

Regards

Pompeyfaith

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn363/pompeyfaith/OptimaLetterreCPR18.jpg

Edited by pompeyfaith

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Hiya Guys,

I got this letter this morning from optima legal delaying tactics you think ? as its now past 14 days the letter was also not signed

Do you think i need to send a response to that letter?

Regards

Leon

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn363/pompeyfaith/OptimaLetterreCPR18.jpg

Definitely delaying tactics .

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Fantastic citizenb just what i thought something else for my defence.

Onwards and Upwards

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Edited by pompeyfaith

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Just one thing I noticed Leon, is that you wont be able to produce that letter in court as they have marked it WITHOUT PREJUDICE. So they know exactly what they are doing :-x

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

A legal phrase that allows parties to discuss and negotiate a settlement to a legal claim, without admitting liability. Any documents headed "without prejudice" cannot be used in evidence in any subsequent court case without the permission of both parties.

So cannot produce it but can i quote from it to show there unwillingness to produce documents on time.

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Edited by pompeyfaith

I dont know what your worried about here, the fact that they have not complied with your CPR request is in your favour, it probably means they have nothing!

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Yup and thinking back the portsmouth f c MBNA card was applied for via a leaflet in a pompey programme so im hoping it cant be enforced.

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Edited by pompeyfaith

well jusy an update still nothin recieved but just want to check my dates N1 was dated 11 july cpr 18 was sent on the 17th july they recieved it on the 18th july so there 14 days ran out on the 1st august.

33days from the 11th july is the 14th august ??

are these dates correct ?

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Edited by pompeyfaith

well jusy an update still nothin recieved but just want to check my dates N1 was dated 11 july cpr 18 was sent on the 17th july they recieved it on the 18th july so there 14 days ran out on the 1st august.

33days from the 11th july is the 14th august ??

are these dates correct ?

Regards

Leon

I make it 13th August.. :D

BCOBS

Thank you CitizenB August 13th i will go by what is the next stage if i do not get any Docs Re:CPR18 by then although they have already missed the 14 days by a long shot Do i go for a strike out ? as i have no documents to plead.

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Edited by pompeyfaith

To be honest leon, I am not sure. I think you can write to the court and say that they havent produced any documents for you to see. I am not sure whether you can sneak in the fact that they are corresponding with you but using a Without Prejudice heading which is going to make it very difficult for you to put in a proper defence.

I think you need someone with some legal knowledge on this one now. :D

BCOBS

Pompey/CB

As a defence already been submitted ? I understand there was a mix up with submission and Pompey contacted the Court:confused:

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hiya Andy yes i submitted the defence but forgot to include the part 20 i phoned northampton to explain my mistake but said there was nothing they could do, So now i am disputing the whole claim as for the PPI ill have to decide what i can do about that at a later date as ive only recieved a letter from OPTIMA LEGAL stating that they have passed the letter onto MBNA for them to supply all the info asked for which im still waiting for and time runs out on the 13th august which does not leave me much time to go though it all.

Im not really holding out much for the docs to arrive to be honest.

Also was the defence i put in a holding defence if so can it be expanded ?

Am i right in saying if they do not come up with the goods i will not need a defence as the judge will just throw it out ?

Really need some help here Thanks

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Edited by pompeyfaith

Hiya Andy yes i submitted the defence but forgot to include the part 20 i phoned northampton to explain my mistake but said there was nothing they could do, So now i am disputing the whole claim as for the PPI ill have to decide what i can do about that at a later date as ive only recieved a letter from OPTIMA LEGAL stating that they have passed the letter onto MBNA for them to supply all the info asked for which im still waiting for and time runs out on the 13th august which does not leave me much time to go though it all.

Im not really holding out much for the docs to arrive to be honest.Neither would I

Also was the defence i put in a holding defence if so can it be expanded ?Not sure what did you submit was it Aloysiush short defence?

Am i right in saying if they do not come up with the goods i will not need a defence as the judge will just throw it out ? But you just said you have submitted one and no it wont untill you submit a N244 (AN)

Really need some help here Thanks

Regards

Leon

I will re read your thread tomorrow and see where you are up to

Regards

Andy;)

Edited by Andyorch
  • Haha 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Thanks andy your a gent

Here is the defence:

Defence

1. The particulars of claim are vague and do not provide sufficient detail to enable the defendant to plead effectivley or at all. By way of example the claimant has failed to confirm the date of agreement upon which the cause of action is based.

2. Prior to the issue of the action the claimant was requested to disclose documents relating to the alleged debt and/or agreement. The claimant failed and/or refused so to do.

3. The documents described above were the subject of a request pursuant to the Data Protection Act 1998 and/or the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

4. In all the circumstances the defendant denies being indebted to the claimant as alleged or at all.

Part 20 Claim

5. The defendant/Part 20 claimant intends to claim sums paid to the claimant /Part 20 defendant in relation to a Payment Protection Insurance policy, sold by the claimant/Part 20 defendant to the defendant/Part 20 claimantwithout qualification or appropriate advice as required by the Financial Services Authority et al. The claimant/Part 20 defendant acted as agent/broker on behalf of the insurance company issuing the policy to the detriment of the defendant/Part 20 claimant.

6.The defendant/Part 20 claimant refers to paragraphs 2 and 3 above, As a consequence of the claimants/Part 20 defendants failure and/or refusal to provide documents, the defendant/Part 20 claimant is unable to plead the Part 20 claim with particularity.

And the defendant/Part 20 claimant claims:-

i) An order requiring the claimant/Part 20 defendant to disclose statements of account covering the entire period of the alleged agreement and a copy of the alleged agreement.

ii) Damages limited to £5,000.00

iii) Interest pursuant to Section 64 of the County Courts act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum until judgment or further order or such other sum as the court thinks fit.

Dated this day of 2008

Statement of Truth

I confirm the contents of this defence/Part 20 claim are true.

defendant/part 20 claimant

To the court

And to the claimant/part 20 defendant

Only use the red piece if you made a CCA request.

Hope this helps. It is good enough to get you to disclosure.

Hi Pompey

Im just bumping up the defence you submitted so I dont have to wade through your thread:cool:

Regards

Andy:)

Edited by Andyorch
typo

Ok Pompey

Is this what you have submitted via MCOL ?

Originally Posted by aloysiush viewpost.gif

Here is the defence:

Defence

1. The particulars of claim are vague and do not provide sufficient detail to enable the defendant to plead effectivley or at all. By way of example the claimant has failed to confirm the date of agreement upon which the cause of action is based.

2. Prior to the issue of the action the claimant was requested to disclose documents relating to the alleged debt and/or agreement. The claimant failed and/or refused so to do.

3. The documents described above were the subject of a request pursuant to the Data Protection Act 1998 and/or the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

4. In all the circumstances the defendant denies being indebted to the claimant as alleged or at all.

Regards

Andy

You will need to re access the MCOL screen and check the status of your case.You should still be able to proceed to the counter claim section to submit your part 20 unless they have locked the screen.Alternativly you still have the hard copy papers you could submit your counterclaim via this method.

Regards

Andy;)

Yes Andy just the defence submitted i missed the part 20 bit I will try MCOL now and report back in a short while

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Edited by pompeyfaith

OK no cannot get in all it will allow me to do is view,print or save so should i submit it to the court via post ?

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Edited by pompeyfaith

Hi Pompey

Yes just send hardcopy from your claim pack completing box 1&2 and also enclose a copy of your defence.I would send this spec/Delivery and also enclose a covering note explaining the mix up with your input vis a vis MCOL Date everything and retain proof of postage.

Regards

Andy;)

Ok Thanks Andy doing it now, Just one question it mentions a fee do i pay that now ? Just I'm not working and on incapacity benefit. Ill get it sent S/D tomorrow as time is up Wednesday

Regards

Pompeyfaith

Edited by pompeyfaith

Hi Pompey

You may have to pay the fee which is £25/£55 dependent on the counterclaim amount, this you will claim back in your costs.You dont need to enclose payment now however check with the court and they will advise if you are excempt.

Regards

Andy;)

Best of luck with your case