• Tweets

• Which Court have you received the claim from ? Northampton   MCOL Northampton N1 ? Manual Claim CCMCC (Salford) ? New beta WWW.MONEYCLAIMS.SERVICE.GOV.UK ?   If possible please scan redact and upload a full page copy of page 1 of the claim form.   This has been uploaded in my previous messages in the bundle of documents     Name of the Claimant ? Asset Link Capital (NO5) Limited   How many defendant's  joint or self ? Self   Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to./   14/02/2020   ^^^^^ NOTE : WHEN CALCULATING THE TIMELINE - PLEASE REMEMBER THAT THE DATE ON THE CLAIMFORM IS ONE IN THE COUNT [example: Issue date 01.03.2014 + 19 days (5 days for service + 14 days to acknowledge) = 19.03.2014 + 14 days to submit defence = 02.04.2014] = 33 days in total Not relevant as his claim was set aside, and has now been brought to the court again by the claimant       Particulars of Claim   What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? Please see bundle of documents in previous thread   What is the total value of the claim? £10,734.1    Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ? No   Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred?  Yes - this is one of the grounds for getting it set aside   Did you inform the claimant of your change of address? No Is the claim for - a Bank Account (Overdraft) or credit card or loan or catalogue or mobile phone account? Credit Card   When did you enter into the original agreement before or after April 2007 ?  Apparently 2000   Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? I do not recall entering into an agreement with Barclays   Is the debt showing on your credit reference files (Experian/Equifax /Etc...) ?  It was, but it is not anymore   Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. Assigned to Asset Link   Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? No - although they have provided a copy of the assignment notice in their bundle of docs for the hearing   Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? I don't remember - but again a copy of a letter has been provided (see bundle on previous thread)   Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ?  No    Why did you cease payments?  2015   What was the date of your last payment? December 2015   Was there a dispute with the original creditor that remains unresolved?  I wrote to Barclaycard back in 2015 to ask them to send proof of the original agreement but they just sent me a reconstituted document which had no personal deals on relating to me   Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? yes - step change took control and set up payments of £1 pm
    • I have had no such luck getting the tickets cancelled. So more help would be greatly appreciated. I have debt recovery letters now. I guess I ignore these and only respond when there is court proceedings?
    • On MCOL there are 2 times the case stay is lifted. Once between filing the defence and them submitting a DQ, and then again between them submitting the DQ and the court issuing one to the defendant.   Is that normal or is there anything I should be aware of?   Thanks as always 
    • It's difficult to advise what to do because there are so many ifs and buts. In the majority of cases where a PPC start a court claim they go all the way to the final hearing. However, in a minority of cases, and by no means a tiny minority, they have no real intention of going all the way to a final hearing. They know their case is rubbish and they know it will cost them a hefty wad to send a solicitor to court (remember solicitors' costs are capped at £50 at small claims).  They pretend they are going all the way to court to intimidate the motorist into giving in.  Yes, the pretence often includes paying the hearing fee.  Yes, UKPC often do this.  And no, they haven't produced a WS (so far). I suppose it depends on how much you have spent on flights (and accommodation?) and if this is refundable v the approx £250 at stake if you lose the case.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Debt over 10 years old

JP08
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4850 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi JP08,

Once the 40 days are up, you should send them a brief reminder by recored delivery and keep a copy of the letter. Point out that they have failed to provide the information you requested. Tell them they have 7 days to comply. If they still fail you can then report them to the commisoners office or even possibly take court action against them but I wouldnt worry to much about that at the moment. Let the 40 days go by and send them the reminder. Do send it though as it is important (just a simple note). Then, even if they try to hide behind the bank holiday they can't ignore the reminder and they will be out of time. Once that happens report them. Just post on here and either myself or someone else will help advise you further regarding your options once they are out of time after the reminder or help you if they actually reply.

Just wait for the DCA to contact you. Lets hear what they have to say. Just try to relax and again just post any info you receive on here and someone will always help advise you further.

Post anytime, it's what the site is for and well done you are doing fine,

Billy.

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Billy

Thank you for your encouragement. Still nothing yet in the post or by phone. Weird that it has gone so quiet. Still it is giving me time to get my Daughter ready for University as that is coming up soon.

I will keep you updated

Thanks

JP08

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

The 40 days were up yesterday and I have not had anything from the bank so I will send the reminder. I think I will send it by registered or special delivery rather than recorded. Another recorded letter I sent to cancel an account was never signed for. When I spoke to royal mail they said that Recorded delivery and 1st class post are not guarrenteed which is ridiculous if they are offering the service. I will keep you posted

Thanks

JP08

Hi

Just checked on track and trace and it was delivered this morning, no signature available yet. Is the 7 days the same as the 40 days? or is it 7 working days?

Thanks

JP08

Hi Saintly 1

Thank you for clearing that up, so the deadline is next Thursday then. I think they just ignored the S.A.R completley, so lets see if they do the same with this reminder. Thank you Saintly and Billy for your help on this matter, it is good to know there are people out there willing to help others in need.

Regards

JP08

Hi,

I got home last night to a message on my answerphone asking me to call a lady who did not say where she was from. She left a number in Birmingham of which there is a branch of the bank, I sent the S.A.R. to Windsor (which I believe to still be the head office) She did not mention what it was about either, just please call her today? I think it is the bank as i googled it and found very similar number ranges. I have not called her, I dont when they do not say where they are from, but I need to be prepared if she calls again tonight. Do you think it is because they are trying to gain more time? the 7 day reminder for the S.A.R. is up on Thursday. Should I just keep on saying to put anything they want to say in writing? or should I say that the debt is now in dispute? I am not sure what I should do at this stage. Anyone had this before?

Thanks

Regards

JP08

Hi

Whoever this woman is she is persistant. She has called again 3 times, she spoke to my son and tried to get my works number and my mobile which he would not give her. She then asked him to call me and get me to call her back urgently. She said it is really important but she has still not revealed who she is working for.

Eventually I dialled the number given late this evening to try and find out who the company is and it just rang out. (Not very professional not having a voicemail on) so I am still none the wiser.

Any suggestions on what I should do? My instinct is to ignore the calls unless I inadvertantly answer it in the evening. I would appreciate some advice. Thanks

Regards

JP08

Hi Ok, Today I received some bumpf in relation to my S.A.R. request to the bank.

1) copy of suggested original agreement they have sent me firstly it says Beneficial Finance at the top of the page and at the bottom HFC Bank trading as Beneficial Finance at the bottom. I do not recognise that name and all correspondence I received previously had HFC Bank; I don;t think they had been taken over by HSBC at this time. I have tried to google when they started trading under this name and keep seeing that HSBC took HFC over in March 2003. But not sure how Benefical Finance comes in to it?

Does anyone know?

2) they seem to have written an address on the agreement that I have never lived at. It also states "Unregulated Homeowner Loan agreement (Repayment)"

It also says

"As a security for the repayment of your total indebtednes under the agreement to us you agree to charge the property by way of legal mortgate to us (Standard Security)

You hereby authorise us to deduct from the loan and pay as indicated the sum of £3,793.12 to the specified payees? (Don't know what this means.)

3)There are no signatures at all. The T's & C's are also Beneficial Finance t's & C's.

The original charge order that I have does not say anything at all about Beneficial Finance.

The information they had on their database also shows the address that they have put on the copy of agreement. ( the address they have me and my ex living at at the time of this debt, was an address that my ex moved to some ten years later when he was living with his new girlfriend.) The second page was updated to my address when I sent the S.A.R request.

On reading through other bits it states that there was a charge off on the 23/06/1994 and the a/c balance was set at £0.00 and another entry that says it was sold to Hillesden Securites on the 14/04/03 (they started coming after me in January 2003) All the payments that I made to them were set against a balance of zero? on the 6/6/95 the interest rate was changed to zero as well a whole year after the a/c bal was set a zero?

On the accrual display pages it states that on an original debt of £19,900 and that the interest due was £102,527.55?

There was no copy of a deed of assignment, so I have not received a copy of that from either the bank now or the dca when I sent them a S.A.R last year.

What should I do with this information? is the next question I need to ask you.

Also what can I do about getting the charge off the property now that I have in writing albeit not a deed of assignment that the debt was sold also that the address is wrong in the first place?

I must admit that I am rather confused now as to what has actually gone on with this debt.

I would appreciate some advice

Thanks in advance

Regards

JP08

I forgot to say, even though I asked about the charge and to confirm that they no longer had an interest in the charge on my property they did not mention it all in the covering letter or about selling the debt on. That was just on the database bumpf.

:confused:Hi

is anyone able to help me on this? has anyone else had a supposed copy of an origjnal agreement with the wrong address on before? I need some advice on what to do next?

Thanks

Hi

Sorry to keep pestering, but I need to know what to do? I am also worried that even though they have the account balance as zero if they could try and get this £102,527.55? at some point or am I worrying for nothing? I would like to get this charge off my property as well, and seeing as they do not it would appear have an original copy of the agreement and just typed one up with an incorrect address how do I go about this?

What can I say to the DCA as well seiing as they did not produce a copy of a deed of assignement either

Hi Ok, Today I received some bumpf in relation to my S.A.R. request to the bank.

1) copy of suggested original agreement they have sent me firstly it says Beneficial Finance at the top of the page and at the bottom HFC Bank trading as Beneficial Finance at the bottom. I do not recognise that name and all correspondence I received previously had HFC Bank; I don;t think they had been taken over by HSBC at this time. I have tried to google when they started trading under this name and keep seeing that HSBC took HFC over in March 2003. But not sure how Benefical Finance comes in to it?

Does anyone know?

2) they seem to have written an address on the agreement that I have never lived at. It also states "Unregulated Homeowner Loan agreement (Repayment)"

It also says

"As a security for the repayment of your total indebtednes under the agreement to us you agree to charge the property by way of legal mortgate to us (Standard Security)

You hereby authorise us to deduct from the loan and pay as indicated the sum of £3,793.12 to the specified payees? (Don't know what this means.)

3)There are no signatures at all. The T's & C's are also Beneficial Finance t's & C's.

The original charge order that I have does not say anything at all about Beneficial Finance.

The information they had on their database also shows the address that they have put on the copy of agreement. ( the address they have me and my ex living at at the time of this debt, was an address that my ex moved to some ten years later when he was living with his new girlfriend.) The second page was updated to my address when I sent the S.A.R request.

On reading through other bits it states that there was a charge off on the 23/06/1994 and the a/c balance was set at £0.00 and another entry that says it was sold to Hillesden Securites on the 14/04/03 (they started coming after me in January 2003) All the payments that I made to them were set against a balance of zero? on the 6/6/95 the interest rate was changed to zero as well a whole year after the a/c bal was set a zero?

On the accrual display pages it states that on an original debt of £19,900 and that the interest due was £102,527.55?

There was no copy of a deed of assignment, so I have not received a copy of that from either the bank now or the dca when I sent them a S.A.R last year.

What should I do with this information? is the next question I need to ask you.

Also what can I do about getting the charge off the property now that I have in writing albeit not a deed of assignment that the debt was sold also that the address is wrong in the first place?

I must admit that I am rather confused now as to what has actually gone on with this debt.

I would appreciate some advice

Thanks in advance

Regards

JP08

Hi

Is there anone that can help me on this please? I am not sure what to do next

Thanks

JP08

Hi On my way out

Thank you for coming back to me, I suppose the most important part is

1) the fact that the copy of agreement they have sent me is unsigned by anyone, and the completley wrong address, this same address is on their system notes and only updated to my correct address since I asked for the S.A.R

It also states As a security for the repayment of your total indebtednes under the agreement to us you agree to charge the property by way of legal mortgate to us (Standard Security)

2) No deed of Assignment but there is an entry that says sold to Hillesden Securites so they should not have the charge on my house now should they? I wonder if they have a charge on the incorrect address as well?

3) there is also an entry that says not to send me anything without proof of ID, I am not sure but these phone calls I keep getting from them, I suppose it could be because of that, I have still not contacted them yet but could they try and pester me for money even though the a/c is closed? I need to be sure of what I say if they happen to catch me on the phone

4) On reading through other bits it states that there was a charge off on the 23/06/1994 and the a/c balance was set at £0.00 and another entry that says it was sold to Hillesden Securites on the 14/04/03 (they started coming after me in January 2003) All the payments that I made to them were set against a balance of zero? on the 6/6/95 the interest rate was changed to zero as well a whole year after the a/c bal was set a zero?

Thanks

JP08

I'm not sure what happens to charging orders when a debt is sold on - it's happened to me and I still haven't been informed by HFC or the court or any change in who to pay - as far as I know the charging order is still in favour of HFC.

As far as the agreement is concerned, this might not come under the CCA as it is secured - how much was it for initially - was it £19,900? If it's not under the CCA, I don't know what the rules are on enforceability.

You should be able to get a copy of the Land Registry entry for your property to see if there is a charge on it. That's the definitive document when it comes to property charges as far as I am aware. Look them up on Google for more info on how to go about this.

If they have sold the account on then HFC shouldn't chase you for payment unless the account gets returned to them for some reason. Only one comapny can own and chase you for the debt, unless they are only acting for the OC and don't own the debt.

When the debt is sold on it is usual for the OC to clsoe off the account with a zero balance, because at that point it is no longer a debt on their books - they have accepted a payment for the debt from the DCA and written the rest off against tax.

I think you need to SAR HFC (and Hillesdon if you've been paying them too) to get full statements of where your payments have been going. Go for full disclosure of all information ("including, but not limited to, statements, documents, notes, letters, call logs, notices of assignment, etc.") held by them against your name - not just the accoutnin question or a single address. You need to find out what happened between 1994 and 2003. What was the original interest rate on the loan, and was it fixed rate?

If it turns out that there is no charge on your current property there shouldn't be anything to worry about, unless you also own the property at the address on the original agreement.

Hi Onmywayout

Thank you for this, I have been informed previously that a charge can only be sold on with the debt at the same time or if the debt is sold on without the charge (which it has in this case) then the charge must be extinguished. I was informed about this by the consumer credit council a while back. (I hope that is right?) If so; then you can do the same as I want to do. The charge is still under the name of HFC Bank on the Land Registry but there is no debt attached to it anymore, but how to go about getting rid of it is the problem any ideas anyone?

I know for a fact that the DCA did not have a clue about it as firstly they tried to take me to court to get a charge put on the property even though I am paying them and they then backed down and then stated to the FOS that any deals were no longer going to be honoured as they wanted the whole lot and would get the charge put in their name. (I have not heard anymore about that part yet though.

There is no CCJ either.

The copy of the agreement I have been sent under the S.A.R is for an address I have never lived at, it was my ex that moved there with his girlfirend at least 10 years after this debt started. The charge is on the property that I have always lived at. All of their database stuff says that address and the one entry from when I requested the S.A.R states my address. Yes the original debt was around £19,900. My ex had lots of bank accounts with some kind of credit limit that they kept harassing me to agree to a charge being put on the property and the debts all merged in to one. The debt was closed off at £35,000 something, but there are mentions of interest of £102,527.55 as well, which I would hope has been written off as it has been sold on?

I did SAR DLC as well and all they sent me was a copy of payments I have made and a load of txt talk from the database. Should I CCA them as well as having already done the SAR. Between them both it seems that they do not have a lot of info about me at all.

The payments from the gumpf I have been given seems to tie in with dates that I paid HFC and then later on DLC. I have still not seen any documentation about the sale of the debt other than that one entry on HFC's database.

I am not sure if they are holding a lot back though because of this lady that keeps persistantly ringing me, she must want something. Maybe they jumped the gun and sent me the stuff before getting proof of who I was, but the calls started after the 40 days were up?

Any Advice would be greatly appreciated

Regards

JP08

How much are Hillesden chasing you for? It might be worth CCAing Hillesden, but I'm not sure if this is valid if the debt is unregulated - someone with more knowledge needs to confirm this.

The bit I missed earlier "You hereby authorise us to deduct from the loan and pay as indicated the sum of £3,793.12 to the specified payees? (Don't know what this means.)" - this is normally where part of the sum advanced under the loan is being used to pay off an earlier loan with HFC - they do this type of refinancing a lot, paying of an existing debt with a bigger one.

• Haha 1

Hillesden are chasing me for the whole lot, which now according to them as I have been paying token amounts is £32,000 something. Not open to offers as they want the charge on the property (Don't think so, I was informed before that they cannot take over an existing charge it would have to be a new one and the other one extinguished and that would need to be taken to court to do it)

Thanks for clearing the deduction bit, I know my ex had lots of a/cs with them I am just sick of clearing up his debts. This is the last one but has already been going on for 18 years. :mad: he has diaspeared off the face of the earth

Hi

Is there anyone that can advise me on what to do next? in a nutshell:

on S.A.R request, received a so called copy of the orginal agreement with completely the wrong address on it. I have never lived there in my life. It was also unsigned? is this still enforceable?

No copy of sale to Hillesden, just an entry on their database saying that they had sold it. No copy of sale when I sar'd dca either

Charge on property still in name of HFC - It was not sold with the debt and Dca threatened they will try and get it put in their name after trying to take me to court to get one put on my property and withdrawing when they found out there was one already.

I believe that if a charge is not sold at the same time as the debt then it should be extinguished as there is no debt attached to this charge? but how do I go about getting it removed if this is correct?

Someone from HFC has tried to call me 6 times before and after I received the SAR bumpf. 5 times she would not even say where she was from. I have still not called her.

Thanks

JP08

Hi

Is there anyone that can advise me on what to do next? in a nutshell:

on S.A.R request, received a so called copy of the orginal agreement with completely the wrong address on it. I have never lived there in my life. It was also unsigned? is this still enforceable?

No copy of sale to Hillesden, just an entry on their database saying that they had sold it. No copy of sale when I S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)'d dca either

Charge on property still in name of HFC - It was not sold with the debt and Dca threatened they will try and get it put in their name after trying to take me to court to get one put on my property and withdrawing when they found out there was one already.

I believe that if a charge is not sold at the same time as the debt then it should be extinguished as there is no debt attached to this charge? but how do I go about getting it removed if this is correct?

Someone from HFC has tried to call me 6 times before and after I received the SAR bumpf. 5 times she would not even say where she was from. I have still not called her.

Thanks

JP08

Hi Is there anyone that can advise me on what to do next?