Jump to content


Registered Users

Change your profile picture
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

7 Neutral

About Billyhunt

  • Rank
    Basic Account Holder
  1. Hi JP08 Glad to see you are getting some excellent expert advice from surfaceagentx20. Your situation certainly calls for it. Very complicated paperwork to sift through. I am around for the next couple of days, so will keep an eye on your thread and chip in if I can. Good luck.
  2. Hi JP08, Once the 40 days are up, you should send them a brief reminder by recored delivery and keep a copy of the letter. Point out that they have failed to provide the information you requested. Tell them they have 7 days to comply. If they still fail you can then report them to the commisoners office or even possibly take court action against them but I wouldnt worry to much about that at the moment. Let the 40 days go by and send them the reminder. Do send it though as it is important (just a simple note). Then, even if they try to hide behind the bank holiday they can't ignore the r
  3. Hi JP08 sorry for not replying sooner, I have been away from the computer for a few days. Regarding missing the payment on Friday, I have a feeling you may not be required to pay at all but we need to see what info the DCA comes up with along with the bank before making a final decision on what you can do next. The clock is ticking regarding the S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), the ball is in their court and you have done everything by the book, so just sit tight and let them either put up or shut up. Keep us posted. Thanks for your kind words and remember you are not alone there are pl
  4. Hi JP08, have a read through this. http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/library/data_protection/practical_application/subject_access_-_guide_for_data_subjects.pdf Notice there are different rules for credit agencies etc so worth reading so you dont get confused. I know it's stressfull but you are doing really well, just sit tight, the 40 day clock is ticking now for the bank so just see what they come up with. Have you heard anymore from the DCA? Best wishes, Billy
  5. Hi JP08, Not sure if it is illegal but its probably unethical but there you go, we are talking about a debt collection agency. I have discussed the situation of a debt collection agency trying to take over and use someone elses charging order with a colleague who has far more knowledge in this area than I do. Bearing in mind he deals with banks, debt collecting agencies etc he has never heard of a bank selling or passing a debt on to a debt collection agency if they have a valid charging order in place. Why would they, they have their debt secured. If it is correct and the bank have
  6. Fair enough Connif, but sold 'as seen' may enable the seller to go some way in proving the buyer was made aware that the car was not roadworthy but I accept this may not have been a good example. I also appreciate that in this case the car was not unroadworthy but my point was that it if a seller knew a car was unroadworthy and sold it without making the buyer aware then this is unlawful and this was in answer to raydetinu's previous point that 'it does not need to be roadworthy unless they have said that it is'. They being the seller. This is incorrect, the seller does not have to state the c
  7. I can see what you are saying regarding a car and its roadworthyness raydetinu but I dont agree that the onus is on the buyer to ask if the car is roadworthy or not and then try to prove the seller had lied. The onus would be on the seller to prove he had sold the car as seen or made the buyer aware that the car had serious safety defects or was unroadworthy. If the seller has described it 'as seen' or something of that nature and had proof of this, then that would be different but if they advertise a car for sale and sell it with an mot etc in the normal manner and anyone buying it would expe
  8. Sorry to hear this Ltin, you must be livid. Buying privately does make it extremely difficult if things go wrong. How old is the car and how much did you pay for it? Under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (as amended), a secondhand vehicle, like any other goods sold, must match its description, be fit for its purpose and be of satisfactory quality. However, the standards for meeting the requirement that the vehicle is of satisfactory quality will be lower because it is secondhand. A secondhand vehicle should be in reasonable condition and work properly. It is a criminal offence to sel
  9. Hi 121o121, It is never straightforward when a relationship breaksdown and as you are probably aware it is difficult to settle issues such as this. It really is down to negotiation. A court though can adjust legal ownership or beneficial interest in a property, and make orders about who meets any mortgage payments, but it cannot transfer liability for a mortgage. If the ownership of a property bought through a joint mortgage is transferred to one partner, both partners will remain jointly and severally liable for the mortgage unless the mortgage lender agrees to change the liability.
  10. Peepo, follow the call up with a brief letter if they refuse again. Just explain that further to the telphone calls with ***** I would like to offer payment again via my jobseekers allowance as you are able to take this directly from benefit. I have enclosed a cheque/postal order for £3.00 which is roughly the equivalent amount and will continue to pay this directly to you every week until you have organised payment direct from my jobseekers allowance. Thank you Then leave it with them. You are paying, they can get it direct if they want and there is nothing more that you can do i
  11. Hi C Allen, I know it must be distressing to hear all that is going on while you are absent from work but my advice would be to concentrate on the disciplinary, don't get side tracked by gossip, just stay focused or else you will get stressed even more. Just ignore all the other rubbish, let your employer write to you and deal with that. If you get reinstated and get the terms you want then slap in a grievence regarding the conduct of your SS and any one else. You can also complain to your union if you wish but might be best to do this once you have concluded the disciplinary proced
  12. Hi JPO8 Thanks for writing that lot out. I think you need to see a copy of the original and that it is only fair for the bank to provide this. I would send a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to the bank and make it clear that you want all the information THEY hold, confirmation that they have no further interest in the debt and that they have no interest in the charge. We need to see exactly what was agreed on the original charge if they still have an interest. For example a payment plan and if the charge includes grounds to try to force a sale if the payments are not paid. If the charge
  13. Hi Lisel, glad you feel a bit better. Just one other thing, don't wish to bang on about housing allowance but would hate for you to get stitched up. I understand that for property of your size you would be better off than under housing benefit rules but just checking when you looked at the local banding you looked at the rules for your particular situation. For example, being single, a 1 bed prop etc. If you have and you are definately better of then it might be worth making a claim. However might be worth checking with welfare officer or CAB first just to double check giving up housing benefi
  14. Hi Lisel, The local authority do have random visits and it's nothing personal. They normally just have a quick chat and check nothing has changed regarding your situation. Regarding the change to housing allowance, are you sure you would be better of under the new benefit? Have you looked at your local authorities bands for your particular property and your particular needs? Be careful thats all as local authorities vary considerably. You may indeed be better off as you say but many aren't. Are you renting privately because if its through a housing association housing allowance doesn
  15. Hi Zaffie, After the meeting you should be provided with written details of the care your mother needs and what the local authority are going to provide. It should be explained to you that you can appeal this should you disagree and this appeal is done BEFORE your mum is discharged. You or your mum can contact your local authority directly but as Kenny says sheltered housing is in short supply but you never know, something might be available. Regarding care homes, local authorities do fund people to live in homes near family and out of borough but I am not sure regarding sheltered housing
  • Create New...