Vardis - Advertising -dont get diddled by them!!!

thk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3787 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

CCA Search :: CCA Search Results :: Licence Details

Application / Licence Details

Licence Number:0590783

Licence Status:Current

Current Applicant / Licensee:

NameAndrew Lownsbrough

Categories:

Debt adjusting/counselling Debt collecting

Right To Canvass Off Trade Premises:No

Issued Date: 10-Nov-2006

Expiry Date: 09-Nov-2011

Legal Formation:

Sole Trader

Nature of Business:

Debt Collection

Current Address(es):

Address TypeAddressPrincipal Place Of Business31, Burscough Street, Ormskirk, Lancashire, L39 2EG

Historic Address(es):

Address TypeAddressPrincipal Place Of Business31, Buscough Street, Ormskirk, Lancashire, L39Principal Place Of Business31, Buscough Street, Ormskirk, Lancashire, L39 2EG

yeah, i've found so many post telling about their scams, but what would you suggest me to do ?

i'm not going to pay them, also because the;ve used my nickname which is used by me on several websites. does this affect my credit history ?

please help..

Unlikely they will, but you will need to check your credit file, however it would seem that you have a good case (you could also send a SAR to them too, it would be interesting to see what turned up - but these cost £10)...but I do URGE you to report them to the OFT and their local trading standards....

• 3 months later...

Hi

I'm asking for a bit of advice as I'm helping my dad out, who has recently set up a small business.

He was contacted by Foresters Fund For Children/Vision Publications Group who I now believe to be Vardis.

He agreed to an advert in their Class M8 magazine. After that realised it was a [problem] and sent a recorded letter saying he wanted to cancel.

They said he couldn't as the 7 days cooling off period had elapsed. They also have an audio clip of him agreeing to the advertising.

He has now been invoiced £178 which we are holding off paying as we have seen on the internet that its a [problem].

Now not sure where we stand... any help with this one would be appreciated!

Thanks

Send them a letter stating you have contacted trading standards and they have advised you to withhold all payments and forward any bills/letters and names to them. Usually once they realise you know it's a [problem] they stop pestering you but if they don't simply ignore them. They can't do anything. They won't take you to court as they'll have a few trading standards and police officiers waiting there for them if they do. They'll may try and intimidate you by getting the 'baliffs' and sending you fake debt collection letters but again this is just scare tactics and can only do so legally after a court hearing.

• 4 weeks later...

We are in the same boat.. We agreed to do the add, then noticed it was a [problem]. The reason we noticed as Vardis said it would cost £60 for the add, which was fine, then we had a bill for £193 which we didnt agree to! So we googled them and found out they were a total [problem]!

As time went on, they kept sending bills, we ignored them, and after a few months they have now sent a debt recovery letter though this morning!!

After reading all this about Vardis, we will still not pay. So everyone saying this debt recovery letter is still a [problem] and not to pay?

We went to Trading Standards about them a few months back and they were no use to us!

Can Vardis make us pay? would anyone come around our shop asking for money?

• 2 months later...

I have advertised with numerous advertising company's, but I have to inform all who have advertised with this company's that there is a new sc.am going around there called TAPA

Tapa – The Advertising Protection agency is another trick/Sham, I received a call off these idiots about 6 months ago.

firstly they called me up threatening me with court action saying that i had agreed an advert with there company Garside and co , I told them to **** off.

The next day surprise surprise, I get a call off the same person now claiming he was from the advertisement protection agency claiming they could stop the sales calls.

How dum do they think i am, when i confronted the man to explain that he had called me up yesterday, threatening me with court action if i did not pay for an advert i did not place, he put the phone down. Clearly he phoned me by accident and realised he had blown there elaborate scheme they are running.

Dont be fooled by the advertising protection agency TAPA - its like Modern Day Racketeering

• 2 years later...

It seems that this company has now reappeared calling itself Visiongroup. They phoned trying to sell advertising to us but we refused and after receiving an email confirming that the advertising was booked and could not be cancelled and attaching 'artwork' for approval (a screenshot from our website), I did some research and came across the above thread. They are obviously the same people. I responded saying that if they attempted to contact us again I would consult my solicitor. So far I have heard nothing further. Attempting to hoodwink businesses by pretending to support a children's charity is disgraceful - surely they are breaking the law and can be charged with fraud.

Alesha your right. We have been having problems with this so called 'company' for several months now. Originally they phoned trying to sell us advertising space, we told them that we would think about it as we where a small company and had only just started so where not ready to advertise yet. We then did some research and found out it was a [problem] so put them out of our minds. Then we where sent a bill. we phoned and told them to No. After that we where inundated with phone calls and letters demanding payment, the phone calls became aggressive and threatening. We reported them to trading standards thinking that it would now stop but have since recieved a letter from a supposed debt collection agency demanding payment and threatening legal action. The company is debt recovery and collections Po box 753 Southport PR8 9PB, it is signed Mrs Dickson credit manager and the consumer credit license number is 590783, which odly enough is Vardis and Vision's number. We have passed all the information onto the BBC Watchdog program and would advise anyone else to do the same. This company are [problem] artists.

I have also passed on information to Watchdog. I have also contacted the Chairman of the Foresters' Fund for Children who has promised to take it up with Vision. It appears to be a bona fide charity so they surely cannot afford to be associated with this.

• 9 months later...

Beware of a company called Sigma, they say they are affiliated with the British police and print a magazine for them. They will also offer you exclusivity in the magazine (as was I).

When I eventually received a magazine, I was 1/8 page on Page 5 or 6, and on the inside cover, another security company, full page full cover

Can anyone please give me advice?

Bernard Solomon Buchweitz

Today I received a NOTICE OF REGISTRATION - TAKE NOTICE from a company called DRC Legal Consultants and commercial credit Investigators giving me 5 days to make payment.

Alesha your right. We have been having problems with this so called 'company' for several months now. Originally they phoned trying to sell us advertising space, we told them that we would think about it as we where a small company and had only just started so where not ready to advertise yet. We then did some research and found out it was a [problem] so put them out of our minds. Then we where sent a bill. we phoned and told them to No. After that we where inundated with phone calls and letters demanding payment, the phone calls became aggressive and threatening. We reported them to trading standards thinking that it would now stop but have since recieved a letter from a supposed debt collection agency demanding payment and threatening legal action. The company is debt recovery and collections Po box 753 Southport PR8 9PB, it is signed Mrs Dickson credit manager and the consumer credit license number is 590783, which odly enough is Vardis and Vision's number. We have passed all the information onto the BBC Watchdog program and would advise anyone else to do the same. This company are [problem] artists.

Beware of a company called Sigma, they say they are affiliated with the British police and print a magazine for them. They will also offer you exclusivity in the magazine (as was I).

When I eventually received a magazine, I was 1/8 page on Page 5 or 6, and on the inside cover, another security company, full page full cover

Can anyone please give me advice?

Bernard Solomon Buchweitz

Today I received a NOTICE OF REGISTRATION - TAKE NOTICE from a company called DRC Legal Consultants and commercial credit Investigators giving me 5 days to make payment.