Dr Whoooo Who, hey! In the Taaaarrrrdis, hey!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5770 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having seen last night's trailer for tomorrow's episode, I am walking around with a smug grin on my face. My kids are mightily cheesed off that I could possibly know more about Dr Poo than them...I mean, how uncool is that for them?

At the beginning of this series I said to them that there would be another Darlek showdown, and this time I reckoned that Davros would be back. Being the 'experts' that they are, they pointed out that it would not be much of a fight, as there was only one Darlek left in the whole universe...

They forgot that Rose is in a parallel universe, with millions of Darleks and Sibermen...and that the Cult of Skaro was instigated by Dabros to allow the Darleks to evolve...

Well, the next two episodes are the last in the current series, and what a cracker it looks like being: The Doctor (obviously) with Martha, Donna, Rose and Sarah Jane ('...but Doctor, the Daleks are the most evillest beings in the whole universe...you have to kill them...') - what a bitch fight that will be for the Doctor's attentions...

Then we have Captain Jack and the whole of Torchwood - maybe Jack will rescue the Doctor from all his female companions, and they will go off into the starlight for the universe's first civil partnership...

But then again, with all that black leather and chrome, not to mention some nifty tools and other assorted bondage gear, perhaps Jack and Davros will get it together instead...

And of course there is the return of the Juddoon, and probably the Sontarans...an absolute goodies v baddies monsterfest...and what of the Master? Will he pop out of his watch again...sorry, the ring that was picked up after his cremation...the one containing his spirit and soul...

For me, and considering that Dr Who will be taking an 18 month break, I believe that this series will end on a cliffhanger, that somehow we will visit Skaro and Gallifrey, and that the next series will be a complete telling of the Time Wars...

Finally - will there be a regeneration at the end of this series? I guess not as Tennant is in the next, but we do have (at least) two other timelords around - The Master and Jenny Who...

I can't wait, and the kids are going to be looking for areas where I was wrong... :D

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Maybe its time that the Doctor regenerated as a woman-any suggestions?

1 Girls can't do maths or read maps - surely insurmountable problems when applied to the calculations in 17 dimensions that a Time Lord must habitually make.

2 Cannot afford to spend entire pre-credits sequence waiting for her to park the Tardis.

3 Not keen on whole episodes set in Ikea watching her pick out perfect window treatments for her interplanetary home. Or fretting about ageing effects of time travel. Retinol A must remain name of satellite Gallifreyan moon, not anti-wrinkle cream.

4 Doctor must be eccentric. Can women be eccentric without being covered in cat hair and/or smelling of wee?

5 Cannot afford necessary pre-launch campaign explaining to Whovians what a woman is.

6 Hierarchical problems. Doctor needs mentally and physically inferior sidekick to be afraid of Cybermen / stretchy-faced Penelope Wilton / glowy-headed fat people. If Who is female, will need to cast six-year-old boy (or rather 800 of them, because they can't work for more than 10 minutes at a time without some bleeding-heart waving child labour legislation at us) or tin of Spam. Check whether there is Spam rights group. If so, investigate availability of Jimmy Krankie. Could be years before they sort out what we can and can't do with him. Her. God, this messes with your head.

7 Metaphysical problems. Doctor is same person, regeneration provides new body only. Reincarnating as female suggests feminine aspect has existed all along. Might mark series as camp?

8 Aesthetic problems. Doctor historically not been in any danger of being mistaken for Michaelangelo's David. Tom Baker nice chap but face like a bag of pork chops and Sylvester McCoy frankly disturbing. As ugly women now shot on sight at television auditions, how to cast? Go with Claire Goose and throw acid in her face?

9 Insurmountable problem - Time Lady just sounds wrong.

10 On the other hand, we've got to find something to do with Davina McCall.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

1 Girls can't do maths or read maps - surely insurmountable problems when applied to the calculations in 17 dimensions that a Time Lord must habitually make. Duh-Thats what the TARDIS is for-surely its got SAVNAV & onboard computer how else does the Doctor manage without his female companion.

2 Cannot afford to spend entire pre-credits sequence waiting for her to park the Tardis. And surely its got parking sensors-thats how it lands perfectly everytime. Do you know nothing!! Anyway-her male companion would surely help with parking probs.

3 Not keen on whole episodes set in Ikea watching her pick out perfect window treatments for her interplanetary home. Or fretting about ageing effects of time travel. Retinol A must remain name of satellite Gallifreyan moon, not anti-wrinkle cream. Well come on-after all these millenia the tardis could do with a bit of a makeover. It is looking a bit worse for wear and 'Hand in Jar' ornaments are sooo last century. Also IKEA are a universally recognised name.

4 Doctor must be eccentric. Can women be eccentric without being covered in cat hair and/or smelling of wee? Er-every doctor so far has looked eccentric-wild grey/curly/long hair, very weird clothes that may or may not be be covered in/smell of dogs-last two excepted!! Just think Ann Marie Brantano-Professor-of shoes non the less. Not a just a mere Doctor. Ha.

5 Cannot afford necessary pre-launch campaign explaining to Whovians what a woman is. (four words would suffice-SUPERIOR RACE NOT DALEKS)

6 Hierarchical problems. Doctor needs mentally and physically inferior sidekick to be afraid of Cybermen / stretchy-faced Penelope Wilton / glowy-headed fat people. If Who is female, will need to cast six-year-old boy (or rather 800 of them, because they can't work for more than 10 minutes at a time without some bleeding-heart waving child labour legislation at us) or tin of Spam. Check whether there is Spam rights group. If so, investigate availability of Jimmy Krankie. Could be years before they sort out what we can and can't do with him. Her. God, this messes with your head. (failing all of this Graham Norton will do fine)

7 Metaphysical problems. Doctor is same person, regeneration provides new body only. Reincarnating as female suggests feminine aspect has existed all along. Might mark series as camp? (thought all guys have a femine side-at least thats what we women are led to believe-and what about Captain Jack!!!!!)

8 Aesthetic problems. Doctor historically not been in any danger of being mistaken for Michaelangelo's David. Tom Baker nice chap but face like a bag of pork chops and Sylvester McCoy frankly disturbing. As ugly women now shot on sight at television auditions, how to cast? Go with Claire Goose and throw acid in her face? (til Christopher Ecclestone & David Tennant came along-who is Claire Goose?)

9 Insurmountable problem - Time Lady just sounds wrong. (well not got a problem with the title-but how about Time Lordy. Anyway as he is the last how does anyone know for certain that he wasn't originally a woman!!!!!)

10 On the other hand, we've got to find something to do with Davina McCall.

(How about euthnasia-or failing that bury her under the patio of the BB house)

I cannot believe it. A whole six post thread about Dr Who with mention of tardis in the title and not one peep from a certain mod.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

LOL - Hi Blue.

Barra - funny though your post is, there have been a few female timelords (should that be timeladies) - Rani/Romana I/Romana II, who was his companion for a while...and if I remember eventually married Tom Baker...for true geekiness, Rani regenerated into Romana I, then Romana II, and it was Romana II who married Tom Baker

And the first doctor travelled with his granddaughter, Susan, although I don't think it was claimed that she was a timelord...and of course in the latest series we have Jenny Who...perhaps Susan's mum...who I guess must be a timelord too...

What got me last night, apart from the brilliant Davros, was the fact that the doctor is now regenerating, and they failed to show a trailer for next week...and these two things are common to each other...a trailer would show who plays the doctor...

However, Tennant has said he will be around for the first half of the next series...perhaps that was a red herring...

No. My money is on the fact that some property of having 27 planets, aligned in close proximity, will somehow interfere with the regeneration process...and the doctor will regenerate into TWO people...Tennant AND Jenny...

After all, you can hardly introduce a character such as her, only for her never to be heard of again...and I can't wait for Donna's reaction to him changing...

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

well i was shocked was not expecting him to go and it does look like tennants leaving dont it hope not cos kinda got used to him now but we got long wait for next series havent we so will be bittersweet next weeks episode xxkia

43 minutes and counting down...

HAHAHAHHA Spicey , you were so very wrong!!!

It was fantastic tonght, Rose finally got her man - sort of, Khan was a goodie!!!!, It was poor Donna I felt sorry for

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

My kids are mightily cheesed off that I could possibly know more about Dr Poo than them...I mean, how uncool is that for them?

Not very, it is Dr Who, so "cool" is probably one of the least associated words... Oh no, my father is more of a geek than I am... Yeah, that will be a real trauma... :razz::-D:rolleyes:

Having it inflicted weekly by my own 2 geeks, I can not help noticing that D. Tennant's eyes seem to be getting more and more intent to work independently from one another. And is he planning to have a career change to professional gurner? I mean, it's one thing to have facial expressions, but come on! That many, in such short a space of time? No wonder they needed 2 or 3 of him to cope!

And what of the length of those sideburns? I kept on focusing on them instead of the plot... (well, they were marginally more interesting, I suppose)

The main problem is that it takes so bloody long to explain the plot, the sub-plot and patch all the inconsistencies that the few good bits in between of proper action get lost. I always feel that it goes on for a good 15 mns more than it should have.

On the + side, John Barrowman in his longcoat is just as scrummy as they come, and I feel it particularly unfair that they made him bi in there, thereby falsely raising hopes for us ladies when he is in fact devotedly and exclusively gentlemen club only. :-|

HAHAHAHHA Spicey , you were so very wrong!!!
Not so sure about that - at least in principle. I originally thought that he would regenerate as himself and perhaps his daughter = two timelords...

That he came back as himself, half himself and half himself/donna means that it was a timelord and two halves, so at least the maths was right...

I think the real storyline here was the exposure of the Doctor's nature...part of Davros's plan. Davros gave a part of himself to make the new daleks, the doctor gave a part of himself to make the Donna Doctor, and a part of himself to Rose, so I guess in this he and Davros were mirroring each other.

Personally I thought that the Donna Doctor was a construct that was a cop out, but it did provide some humour, and of course, Donna's eventual loss is that it has not happened for her (how freudian does that sound...)

Some interesting things are left open though: has Donna still got the key to the TARDIS? The Doctor now knows how to fix the chameleon circuit, thanks to Donna. The parallel dimension barrier has been broken once, so it is possible it can happen again...another story with Rose and two Doctors. When the real doctor regenerates, what will happen to Rose's doctor? I guess he will not change...

To me the biggest question is this: at the beginning of the new doctor who seasons, the main storyline was that the timelords and daleks no longer existed. If that is true, then why did the doctor have enough Dalekanium to wipe out all of Davros's new daleks...the doctor, of all people, would have disposed of 'surplus ammunition'

And where is Jack coming from now? Time barriers around Torchwood? How on earth did he manage to make something like that, yet not manage to fix his dimension jumper?

And yes, Davros will be back...

i gotta to say was expecting more of a cliffhanger than there was maybe cos its not on for so long they decieded to tie off all lose ends :eek:and dont go there any of u but i did love the episode though u kinda of sighed at the end apart for the donna bit agree on that felt sorry for her but im sure shell be back seen as how all the others where wonder what the xmas special will be like not long to wait for that is it xxkia:D

The Christmas special is the return of the Cybermen (again!).

Spicey, stop being so pedantic, it was a great episode I am just upset that I didnt get a copy of the Doctor and/or Captain Jack, now they would certainly keep me busy ;)

• Haha 1

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

Bloody hell...the green worm has regenerated into a pink pig...

Did anyone clock that Donna was trying to snog Jack, and in a side shot it looked like she got him to.

The second Doctor is Human and can't regenerate so will just be a very bright half human male. Cos a really inteligent male doesn't exist....

and him and Rose kissed so does that mean 1/4 time lord babies for another episode?

And to tie up many threads at once, a very different appearance...
Lost me there...not...
...and him and Rose kissed so does that mean 1/4 time lord babies for another episode?
LOL - I remember being about 5, and being told that babies happen when a lady and a man kiss...it might work with the youngest viewers, but most will realise that without a sonic screwdriver (fnaar fnaar) the doctor will not be able to make 1/4 babies...

Anyway, Jenny Who still has to come back...

The best bit for me was:

DALEKS:

Exterminieren! Exterminieren! Halt! Sonst werden wir Sie exterminieren! Sie sind jetzt ein Gefangener der Daleks! Exterminieren! Exterminieren!

Translation: Exterminate! Exterminate! Stop! Or you will be exterminated. You are a prisoner of the Daleks. Exterminate! Exterminate!

For those who remember the original Tom Baker story, Genesis of the Daleks, you will understand all the metaphors that occurred in the 70's, and all the tie ups that this last episode provided...