Very Odd Electricity Bills

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5801 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Listen to this....

for 2.5 years the electricity supplier sent me credit bills. Starting from very small amounts (£-2.54) up to -£90 before I moved out of the flat.

Over those years I used to travel abroad almost every week. I was never at home therefore the consumption of electricity was supposed to be very little.

However when I moved out I got a very fat bill worth almost £1700.

I obviously looked back at all bills and to my surprise I found out that I got charged for the consumption of the previous tenant as the initial readings were completely wrong. I got a new bill...reduced of course however still fat (£1450). Spent hours calculating everything and found out that there was another mistake. I got another new bill...reduced again however still fat :-) (£1320).

I wasn't happy yet and I x-rayed the new bill...guess they made a mistake again!!!I obviously received another reduced fat bill (£1223). I thought there was still something weird and again to my surprise I realised that since I received the first bill (-2.54) the readings of the meter went down rather than up. For instance the first readings were 10000 DAY and 20000 NIGHT and on the following bill were 9000 DAY and 19000 NIGHT. By the time I receive the last bill before the fat one the readings were something like 500 DAY and 1000 NIGHT.(Obviously I made up all these figure however I hope I made the point!).

MY QUESTION IS: CAN THE ELECTRICITY SUPPLIER MAKE SUCH A MISTAKE FOR 2.5 YEARS????DO THEY REALLY EXPECT PEOPLE NOT TO SEE IT AT SOME POINT???WHAT CAN I DO AT THIS STAGE TO GET THAT BILL REDUCED EVEN FURTHER???

Obviously those bills were raised in that way on purpose to get at this stage. They never contacted me for 1.5 years not even to request the correct readings and unfortunately when they finally did it I didn't reply cause I was flying from one place to another place all the time.

I tried to tell them that I want to pay....however I'm ready to pay a fair amount of money bearing in mind that over the last year I was guilty for not replying however they have also to admit that they were guilty in the first 1.5 years as they misinformed me. At present they are saying that because they tried to get in touch with me and I didn't reply they want the full amount. I'm stuck now cause I don't know what to do. I still think that on planet earth the number of kWh increases the more you use electricity....my flat must have been built on Mars...probably there things go the other way around!!!

Can someone please help and advise???To me this is a clear proof that the electricity supplier didn't want to charge me at all since the beginning...not to mention all the other mistakes!!!

Thanks

Loryyyyyy

I would write to them, offering them an affordable amount each month as this is partly due to their error. If they do not agree, I would involve Energywatch.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

• 2 weeks later...