Lloyds v Me

Viano
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5280 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What Robin said with the addition that you are supposed to make all reasonable effort sto agree with the other side what actually goes into the bundle - they then have to produce it and send it to the court and to you (and to anybody else that needs one - will save you photocopying). It seems that all you have to supply is your skelton argument and any case law and statutes you are going to rely on.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What Robin said with the addition that you are supposed to make all reasonable effort sto agree with the other side what actually goes into the bundle - they then have to produce it and send it to the court and to you (and to anybody else that needs one - will save you photocopying). It seems that all you have to supply is your skelton argument and any case law and statutes you are going to rely on.

Agree fully with Steven, only addition you may want to add is any witness statements you are relying upon.

Robin

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Team,

I lost!

I say I lost because on the balance of probabilities I was not quite well enough prepared.

The day started late because their barrister was late.

We went into the Court room, the Judge a pleasant man, gave me good leeway to me as Litigant in Person, and then went on to to explain that this trial would be judged on the balance of probabilities.

The Claimants started the proceedings and within a sentence or two, after me being compliment on my Witness Statement, said that I got my information from the CAG!

I was out of my depth, my opponent a very sharp barrister, nuts and sledgehammer sprang to mind, brought up points of law that I thought of.

My defence was difficult to read copy of CCA no prescribed terms on the signature page, and I had not received a Default Notice.

The Judge listened to my story sympathetically I thought, and then to their witness's, we broke for lunch.

It gets a bit hazy after that but point of law were listened to, questioned and considered.

The Judge the broke off the hearing to review all the points made and on the balance of probabilities I lost.

I say I lost, I think I did, I don't think they won.

I was not well enough prepared. The trial I felt went to and fro', but as I say I didn't bring out enough big guns, why, because I didn't put them in my skellies so couldn't use them.

Any way, I think I must have made enough of an impression because the cost were reduced some.

I will later, when my mind clears a bit go into it in more depth.

By the way there was four of them-yes-four, barrister, two witness's and a para legal, no wonder I thought sledgehammer -nut.

Ah well onwards and upwards.

I will post again soon, must give the oppo time to get back to Brighton and turn their computers on to follow this, and maybe post their own comments.

V

I hadn't received the DN but there was a printout in their bundle that showed that on probability it had been posted and thus it was served!.

Note probability because the balance of probability was the main theme throughout the trial.

Probability is the core of a County Court trial.

V

This cant be so:confused: Viano, I am so sorry. Will wait to hear from you in full and perhaps this can be salvaged. I dont see how the "balance of probability" can apply to the non issue of a Default Notice.:mad:

What track was this ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Let me explain this probability thing.

Because you might have an unexecuted application form, lets say that there is no bank signature, it's a bad copy and there are no prescribed terms on the front, but there is something in the area roughly where their signature should be, and there is produced in Court an example of an original, identical, application form that shows the terms on the back, it seems to be deemed that that mark could be their acceptance signature and therefore the prescribed terms are probably on the back. Then it is probable that that form has become an agreement. the probability factor might be 51/49 but that sways it against you. Or if you say you have never had a DN but they come up with a computer printout that shows that a DN has been issued then it is deemed probable that the computer system has done its job and sent that DN and it assumed that the computer didn't throw a wobbler that day.

I hope that that is clear, I've read it through a few times and it seems to make sence.

V

This cant be so:confused: Viano, I am so sorry. Will wait to hear from you in full and perhaps this can be salvaged. I dont see how the "balance of probability" can apply to the non issue of a Default Notice.:mad:

What track was this ?

Fast

Gutted my friend, gutted!

Sorry to hear it, I know how you are feeling but atleast I have a second chance.

All I can say and it's of little comfort - at least you had the b*lls to stand up and fight - good on ya

What ever road you now go down I wish you luck

Kel

I hadn't received the DN but there was a printout in their bundle that showed that on probability it had been posted and thus it was served!.

Note probability because the balance of probability was the main theme throughout the trial.

Probability is the core of a County Court trial.

V

That's an absolute travesty, Viano:mad: You deserve better than that!

Further to my notes earlier, near the end of the trial I brought up a point regarding the DN saying that it could not be accurate in as much as that it included penalty charges, this point was dis-allowed by the Court as I had not mentioned it in my skellies. Is there anything I can do about this?

V

V, had you mentioned it this point in an earlier defence ?. I will ask for you anyway. :D

BCOBS