Getting Nervous - Need Some Reassurance

southernscouser
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6545 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys,

Basically Natwest filed an acknowledgment to my court claim on June 19! So they only have until next Monday to file a defence! :o

Getting worried that they are gonna end up taking me to court! :confused:

I know they are just doing this to make me sweat and hopefully back down but am just after some reassurance from people who have been there and got the t-shirt! :oops:

Don't you worry about it.....

Nothing much you can do now but sit back and wait for the cash to find it's way home.

Just the FAQ’s ma'am. Please read 'em thoroughly before jumping in. Cheers :)

Find all the letters under the rainbow here

Being a man, I am always right (however I will make no admission of liability if you have misinterpreted my instructions!! :) ) If you are in any doubt, then consult a professional. All opinions offered on this site are just that, and should not be taken as legal advice.

Halifax - £1400 reclaimed. Now on a crusade to help others!

Hi, my 28 days were up yesterday (10th July) - & had heard nothing. Tried to go into mcol this morning and file for default & Cobbetts had filed their defence!! Got a letter at home from them awaiting my perusal!! Think I will next get an AQ & then the money just before we have to go to court - that seems to be the way I read all the other cases going - hang in there - not long now.

Good luck x x

7th June mcol £30 + 276.00 + int17.37=£323.37 Abbey

Accepted £291 chq cleared 28th July

7th June mcol £120 + 1135.02 charges + 83.42 chq for £1438.44 paid to bank 2nd Aug

Hi, my 28 days were up yesterday (10th July) - & had heard nothing. Tried to go into mcol this morning and file for default & Cobbetts had filed their defence!! Got a letter at home from them awaiting my perusal!! Think I will next get an AQ & then the money just before we have to go to court - that seems to be the way I read all the other cases going - hang in there - not long now.

Good luck x x

Sorry whats an AQ? :confused:

And any idea what the time frame between them filing their defence and the court date is? :-)

Why get worried about going to court? Worst case scenario, should it get that far, you go to court, you tell them that the fees for going overdrawn are disproportiante to the costs, eg, you go overdrawn £5, they charge you £28, how do they justify this when at most all they do is send an automated letter? What does it cost the Natwest because you've gone over £5? Does someone deal with this manually? If so, how when there are millions of incidents like this on a daily basis. You say the fee's are unfair and a breach of contract, etc, etc. The judge will either decide for or against you and you get your money back or you're out of pocket £120.