Have you been defaulted for bank charges? Prepare to take action

BankFodder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4866 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't know why but after six months that I have nevere used my english account lloyd sent to me a letter where i was forced to pay an amount of about 250 pounds....Is it possible?

Depends on the type of account you opened - some charge you a fee for the privilege of banking with them. Can you be more specific?

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

I Thought since some days ago that i opened a classic account with lloyds bank but i discovered that i have a silver account and how can i know they will be charge you 7.5 pounds a month for the account and 3.99 pounds a month for overdraft limit......So i left london in december and before my leaving I wanted to take the residual money i had...so my account wolud be at 0...but they talked to me thatoi a transaction with skype arrived later and i was in overdraft of 8 pounds.

But the problem is....how could I know tha i have a silver account?....Why did they send to me a letter only th 21 of may to tell me that I had to pay about 200 pounds of overdraft fees....Is it possible according to you...?Are they kidding me?...thanks for help

I think you need to start a new thread on this - you're in danger of hijacking BankFodder's.

Go to the Lloyds Bank forum main page http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/ & click New Thread button at the LH top of the comments.

You'll get a better chance of the right response from more people & I'll track your posts from there

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

• 10 months later...

Please help...

I recieved a letter from Lloyds sayint that they are going to charge me for 20£ unplanned overdraft. They said: £15 monthy fee and every day £6 ( 4 days).

I wrote them a letter saying that this is not fair (templates letter).

Today I got a reply saing that they are not going to cancel fees and when I opened current account with them i signed terms and conditions...

Please advise how what to do now...

I am lost!

regards, Elena

• 5 months later...

Thanks for the links. For some reason I can't access the second link.

Anyone else have this problem?

• 4 weeks later...

me too

need 2nd link fixing please!!!!!

Lloyds

19-10-06- S.A.R Letter

Prelim 20-11-06 £10,492

LBA - 2/12/06

Cap 1

19-10-06 - S.A.R Letter

Prelim 20-11-06 £1,467

LBA 2/12/06

WON-Settled in Full

AMEX

19-10-06 -S.A.R Letter.

Prelim - 20-11-06 £697

LBA - 2/12/06

Morgan Stanley

19-10-06 - S.A.R Letter

Prelm 20-11-06 £1580

23-11-06. £1076 offered.

4-12-06 - LBA

Won-£1580 14-12-06

MBNA

19-10-06 - S.A.R Letter

20-11-06 Prelim

WON-£4010

• 10 months later...

Hello!

I opened a current account with Lloyds TSB in Nov 05, which was eventually upgraded to platinum plus. All was good before June 08. Thats where the problem comes, I left UK to spend sometime with family in Dubai leavin' my account £245 overdrawn in June 08. The overdraft was interest free so I didn't worry coz I was to return before 1st of July 08. Sadly, I had an accident leavin' me on bed for almost a year, durin' this time my resident visa expired. I had to reapply the visa & as you know it was a lengthy process, just got my hands on the visa last month. There was a monthly fee for the platinum account which kept goin' out of the account for almost 6 months takin' my account in an unplanned overdraft. Now I am worried about what will happen to me as I had only this account. My history would've been ruined by now, I guess. And I learnt that bank is goin' to charge me £6000. I am really in trouble. Can anyone help? I'd be highly grateful.

Hello!

I opened a current account with Lloyds TSB in Nov 05, which was eventually upgraded to platinum plus. All was good before June 08. Thats where the problem comes, I left UK to spend sometime with family in Dubai leavin' my account £245 overdrawn in June 08. The overdraft was interest free so I didn't worry coz I was to return before 1st of July 08. Sadly, I had an accident leavin' me on bed for almost a year, durin' this time my resident visa expired. I had to reapply the visa & as you know it was a lengthy process, just got my hands on the visa last month. There was a monthly fee for the platinum account which kept goin' out of the account for almost 6 months takin' my account in an unplanned overdraft. Now I am worried about what will happen to me as I had only this account. My history would've been ruined by now, I guess. And I learnt that bank is goin' to charge me £6000. I am really in trouble. Can anyone help? I'd be highly grateful.

this cant be do you mean £600? bloody hell capt DANIELS and his crew of pirates are indeed in the money, if i were you DO NOT PAY IT!!!!

• 3 months later...

I have a default issued (May 2008) by LTSB for bank charges they claim at £1,800+. They have never justified the amount they say I owe. Recently I offered £750.00 (much against my will) in full and final settlement providing they removed the default. They have not even bothered to acknowledge the letter. I really am now fed up with the behaviour of LTSB and I want to take legal action against them. How do I do that? Can anyone help me with the correct legal procedure please.