I dont understand (advantage gold account)

vic_wh
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5951 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI ALL!

New boy here, just got a complete list of statements from natwest, and I dont understand them at all. never have been good with forms and stuff. Do I just fill in the spreadsheet with the total amount less monthly account charge?, there are items on the statement with no explanation, ie. 9pounds ac charge suddenly becomes 29pounds for no apparent reason.There must be a way even I can understand them all.

If anyone else had this problem I would appreciate some advice

If any charges are £28 or over and they are marked charge or chg or similair, the chances are they are penalty charges, or if they are marked `paid referral fee` then also, yes, they are charges.

Won....:D:D:D...£3778.50

so if it appears as

unpaid items

d/d 7.49

wannadoo

d/d 10.49

tv licence mbp 70.00

the charge is in fact 70.00 ?

That sounds right, about £35 for each bounced DD. This is where these charges are totally ridiculous - the bank is then putting you in OD by £70 of their own charges, when the DDs don't even add up to £20!! - and now you still have to find a way to pay Wannaddo & TV licence! They make me so mad!

Anyway, could rant all day - you're other query re: £9 turning to £29 - I think thatthis would be a £9 ad/gold charge & a £20 unarranged borrowing charge as they put these on the same 'description', and once upon a time the unarranged borrowing fee was £20. - Be careful on this as you don't want to claim the £9 ad/gold fee.

Natwest started grouping charges together about 2+ years ago, making it v hard to separate Adv Gold fees and penalty charges. I rang their helpline to enquire what proportion were charges and what was fees, they were not able to clarify on charges more than a year old!?

Adv Gold fee has steadily increased over last few years and is currently £14 (i think?)

In my spreadsheet that I enclosed with prelim, anything that wasnt totally clear I highlighted and included in my claim, am happy to mail you copy if you are still having probs.

Incidentally in the reply to prelim, no charge I included was queried BUT I did make sure I didnt incude Adv Gold fees

Good luck:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...