dave and cath against abbey *13k WON WON WON !!!!*

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5845 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:) :) :) Hi thank you for all your lovely messages of saupport. LIP I did not discuss other costs only my costs which I have agreed to deal with separately but I am not going to let them get away with it! would they let us no I dont think so! Went shopping yesterday it was so lovely to have money in the bank Dave and I could not believe it.

Love

Catherineand Dave

xxxxxxxxxxxxx:-)

:D :D :DMoney in account £13216.66!!!!

GMAC - stmnts rec'vd letter requesting £1662 refund of chrges MCOL on line being issued for ERC

SPML - issued MCOL on 21.11.06!

Kensington - statements received letter requesting £2455.55 refund of charges issuing MCOL for ERC

MBNA - refund £341 offered-sent letter requesting refund of £3846.59 charges!!!!!!

Capital One-going to issue MCOL for £1243!

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Again

Keep reading your thread over and over. Sent LBA today for my sons account. I'm a bit edgy but will keep going. More worried about court but will keep in touch and ask for your help if ok. So looking forward to a big family wedding next August. If I can take some of the worry away or even give them a honeymoon how wonderful. I can literally hear the laughter in your home just by reading your notes.

Anne:razz:

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Vanree

A AQ is Allocation Questionnaire you get from the courts before they allocate the case to whichever track. If you need any help please let me know I would be only to happy to help is I can. Good luck to all out there fighting the Abbey and all the others.

Catherine Bear

xxxxxxxxxxx:) :) :)

• Haha 1

GMAC - stmnts rec'vd letter requesting £1662 refund of chrges MCOL on line being issued for ERC

Kensington - statements received letter requesting £2455.55 refund of charges issuing MCOL for ERC

MBNA - refund £341 offered-sent letter requesting refund of £3846.59 charges!!!!!!

catherinebear

can you show on this site that you have actually recieved the money?

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

:) :) :) Hi there

Yes you can post a thread but the money has now gone into our account and has been settled in full all that remains is more me to make a donation to the site for all the help they have given us.

Catherine Bear

xxxxxx

no i mean can YOU show that the payment has been made to you?

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

Would you like her to take a photo holding the money...LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL.

What are you asking for????

LIP

ABBEY

DPALetter received by bank on 100406.

£10 Cheque cashed by shABBEY on 200406.

14 statements received between 8-10 0506.

40 day limit reached on 19/5/06.

LBA sent special delivery on 20/5/06

7 days up on the 270506 for the LBA

Prelim approach for repayment for an estimated amt sent. 14 days up on the 200606.

DPAorder for NON-Compliance served 220606. Expires 060706

Final LBA sent, 14 days will be up on the 060706.

Defence from shABBEY received for DPANon compliance 050706

Financial claim deemed served to shABBEY on the 220706

AQ for DPANon Compliance handed in to court on 24706

Defence and 50% offer for Financial claim received 140806

AQ for Financial Claim received 170806

AQ for finacial claim handed in 010906

Hearing 4 amended claim 270906

Fast track Allocation 270906

Disclosure ordered 191006

shabbey failed to disclose 191006

Would you like her to take a photo holding the money...LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL.

What are you asking for????

LIP

ABBEY

DPALetter received by bank on 100406.

£10 Cheque cashed by shABBEY on 200406.

14 statements received between 8-10 0506.

40 day limit reached on 19/5/06.

LBA sent special delivery on 20/5/06

7 days up on the 270506 for the LBA

Prelim approach for repayment for an estimated amt sent. 14 days up on the 200606.

DPAorder for NON-Compliance served 220606. Expires 060706

Final LBA sent, 14 days will be up on the 060706.

Defence from shABBEY received for DPANon compliance 050706

Financial claim deemed served to shABBEY on the 220706

AQ for DPANon Compliance handed in to court on 24706

Defence and 50% offer for Financial claim received 140806

AQ for Financial Claim received 170806

AQ for finacial claim handed in 010906

Hearing 4 amended claim 270906

Fast track Allocation 270906

Disclosure ordered 191006

shabbey failed to disclose 191006

:) :) :) Thank you LIP I dont understand what they are wanting surely we have been given our money do they want to see my bank statement!!

Catherine Bear

xxxxxx

• Haha 1

Maybe Moment means the part of the forum where we can show that case was WON etc.. and how many days it took to win?? the bit we do after winning with the survey?? But that's a collective figure of how many people won with like a running total isn't it?

Just a thought :) (OK I will shut up - I am confused too!!)

no i wanted to see what having all that money in the bank looks like, especially after all the garbage and heartache that the bank has put catherinebear through - also to see the letter that accompanies the chq, to see how they word the fact that they have been defeated and have had to pay the money back.

and yes, when i get a refund i will scan the chq for all to see, proving that the advice offered on this site actually pays dividends

post office WON 12/11/06

Moments - I see exactly what you mean now ha ha :D

Like you say having the satisfaction of putting that money back into an account must be a moment to "savour" - I recently got my son some money back off a different bank - and it was so nice - satisfying doesn't cover it really!!! (it was only a few hundred quids - but my sons money not the banks!!!

I like looking at the running total on here that shows that YES this site is marvellous in helping people win their money back etc.. - the survey figures keep changing and increasing showing that YES the people are winning despite the antics of the Banks!!:D I thought that was the part of the forum you meant - but it's a collective figure including all the Banks & Credit Card companies etc..

Goodluck with whatever you are claiming!!! Sometimes it's difficult to understand what is meant by a question (as you just saw) Don't be put off by that - keep asking questions - sometimes it's difficult to understand what a written question means - hence the different answers? Stick around this place is fun really - nothing nicer than coming here seeing people get the help they need to win back their money!!

oh and congratulations catherinebear, drinks are on you!!!!

post office WON 12/11/06

Dear all

Will find the letter and post it on here so you can see what the Abbey said. With regards to cheque they paid it straight into my account. Many thanks for your good wishes.

Catherine Bear

xx:) :) :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi catherine & Dave ,

First of all , congratulations on your win against the abbey . We are also in the process of taking them on for 10,500 . We would really appreciate any forms you might have that could help us with our claim .

Looks like it's going to be a long road ,

Jacqui.xx

Let me know if you need my email address , many thanks.

Cheers....Gary

kick the shabbey habit!

11.11.06 SAR Sent

01.12.06 2nd Letter sent to Shabbey

20.12.06 LBA sent to shabbey

04.01.07 A very Shabbey response

Also taking on:

Nationwide

NatWest

CapitalOne

GE Money

Watch this space

:) :) :) Hi Jacqui

Thank you for your message on this thread. I would be really happy to give you all the help I can it is only through all the help and good adviuce that we got on this site that we managed to achieve what we did. What stage are you at and let me have your email address and then I can write back to you if you want you can post it as a private message its up to you.

Catherine Bear

xxxx

• 3 weeks later...

Dear everyone

First of all Happy New Year to all of us out there still fighting the big fight and a big thank you to all on thise site who gave us their help and endless time to enable us to beat the Abbey. If anyone wants any help please just ask. I have been out of touch for a while as I have been ill but I am now back and ready to fight all the others who hold our money!

Lots of Love

Catherine Bear and Dave

xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi happy new year

I am in the process of claiming back £7500 from the abbey, they sent me a letter just before Christmas offering a good will gesture of £1300, which they said would be sent to their debt management to pay off what I owe them £800 overdraft, they have also closed my account.

Should I continue with the Letter Before Action

Hope you can help

Conncat

Hiya Concat,

You could accept their offer as "part payment" and tell them you are still going after the rest of your money - there is a letter you could edit in the template library.

Stick to your timetable and do the LBA as per your timetable etc.. to continue with your claim - don't let them fob you off - if you keep reading here you'll see what most of the tricks are etc.. You will win!!!:D

Good Luck Conncat

If we did it so can you. Glad to hear tha you are presing ahead if I can be of any further help please et me know.

Ctherine Bear

xx:)

Hi,

Your story is both heartening, but also a vision of the long journey ahead...

I am just looking into the fortunes that Abbey have been taking off us for years. I hope when I get the process underway I can get your help with all these forms and letters as it sounds rather confusing and scary.

I am so glad you got your money in the end and I hope your carpets are wonderful (to make up for the hardship you have faced).

Thank you for writing so thoroughly - at least I know what I am likely to face :eek:

RosaChaz