• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

dave and cath against abbey *13k WON WON WON !!!!*

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5845 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Conncat

Well not far off me AQ in Monday I'm a little ahead. The only response I have had to my letters and court action has been a defence filed. No GOGW nothing at all. I am faxing copy of AQ today with yet another copy of schedule. Just to remind them they have a large claim to pay soon.:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi one and all

Just a note to apologise for my long silence I am back in the land of the living! I had a bad car accident and have been in hospital as a result, they thought I had fractured my neck but it is a bad whiplash but because of all the spinal and neck previous surgery it has made me feel very low. Anyway if I can be of any help please let me know. Apologies if I have not replied to anybody over the last couple of weeks.

Catherine

xx:)

:D :D :DMoney in account £13216.66!!!!

GMAC - stmnts rec'vd letter requesting £1662 refund of chrges MCOL on line being issued for ERC

SPML - issued MCOL on 21.11.06!

Kensington - statements received letter requesting £2455.55 refund of charges issuing MCOL for ERC

MBNA - refund £341 offered-sent letter requesting refund of £3846.59 charges!!!!!!

Capital One-going to issue MCOL for £1243!

Well done to the both of you for hanging in there and putting up with all the garbage from abbey. It must have been so rewarding to finally get your dues.

I have just sent my N1 to the court and am awaiting confirmation. I would be really grateful if you could let me have some case details that I coudl quote if I needed too. Yours would be an especially good case as it is of such high value, surely they would have done their very best to defend it if they had anything they could use and hence paying up out of court was really their only hope. I must act as a pretty good sign to all who look.

Thanks in advance

:D No longer angry with Abbey - they paid out £2500 in unlawful charges!

:) Hi there Anger about Abbey

Ofcourse I would be only to happy to help you along the way with your case this is what this site is all about. We could have not done it without the help of everyone especially Marc Gander who took the time and trouble to point us in the right direction. I have lots of time on my hands although I am in a cervical collar at the moment and typing is a bit slow. Hope to hear from you soon.

Good luck

Catherine Bear

xx

GMAC - stmnts rec'vd letter requesting £1662 refund of chrges MCOL on line being issued for ERC

Kensington - statements received letter requesting £2455.55 refund of charges issuing MCOL for ERC

MBNA - refund £341 offered-sent letter requesting refund of £3846.59 charges!!!!!!

Hi. I am new to this site but still feel really pleased for you winning against this horrible bank. I thought I was hard done by but mine seems so tiny now. I am livid because they charged me £80 for being £1.47p over my overdraft limit for 24hrs 2 months in a row and tell me that this is normal as they charge for any items going out within the 48hr period. So that £1.47p x 2 has cost me over £157. I have just suffered (September last year) a partial collapse of my spine which rendered me incapable of going anywhere for months. I am only just able to return to work for a couple of hours a week and getting to the Abbey National has been impossible. They seem to have absolutely no compassion for anybody. So glad for you to win back that ridiculous amount of charges. It is only right that you did.

:) Hi Tony

Thanks for your message. Good luck for the 16th hopefully no news is good news and they will give in at the final hour! let me know if you need any help or anything.

Regards

Catherine Bearx

Hi Catherinebear

Congratulations on the win!!

I have just read all of your thread and I have to say you are a truly remarkable woman!! Despite what they put you through you battled on and never gave up - I would say you are an inspiration for a lot of people using this site.

I filed my case against abbey or should i say shabby ;) through MCOL for £5395.37 including costs etc, I have received a letter saying they were defending all of the claim and had 28 days to file a defence.

I am scared but after reading your story am determined to get my money back - scared or not!!!!

I am sorry to hear about your accident and hope you are recovering well.

If I get stuck at any point along my claim I hope you won't mind me asking you for advice as you certainly kicked their butts lady!!

Once again congratulations and take care

Love Katie x :p

Hi DS and Katie

Thank you for your lovely messages. We could not have done it without all the help and encouragement from this site. I would be very happy to offer help to anyone who needs it if I can help I will. With regards to the interest charged I used the fantastic alculator on this site which made things easy for me. Good luck to everyone. Keep fighting the big fight.

Catherine Bear

xxx:)

Hi Catherine

Just had mail from Court re representing my son. Apparently been allocated to Fast Track still waiting for mail to see directions. I'm absolutely terrified. Hoping will see paperwork soon to see what's in store. I always go back to your thread when I feel a bit low it cheers me up.

Anney:)

Well what can i say, have spent a whole day calculating my loses, even when money went into my account I still got charged because the monye was not in at 6 in the morning because my employer paid by chaps.!!! Well Dave and Cath they should make a film about you, carpet at home today red carpet tomorrow, i bet you never thought you would build such a reputation?! Wish me luck will certainly use your energy to get me through the next few months.:-)

:) Hi there Anne and Suzylou thank you for your lovely messages, if theres anything I can do to help even if you just want a chat and a bit of encouragement please dont hesitate to contact me. When it comes to the AQ I have some additional questions which I was given byBankfodder which I think really helped us to get the settlement. Without this site we would be still sitting biting our nails and thinking Abbey were going to get away with it! To everyone out there keep fighting the big fight if we can do it so can you. Good luck and dont forget we are all here to help one another.

Catherine Bear

xx

Hi Catherine, so please for you. My case against Abbey is due in Court tomorrow morning. Abbey paid £2049 into my account last week saying that it was as per our settlement agreement. I wrote to them and the Court saying that no such agreement existed and I would proceed with the case. Since then I have heard nothing from Abbey or their solicitors so I dont know if they will turn up in Court or not. They havent even filed their Court Bundle so I have no idea of their defence.

I saw a document somewhere with suggested questions to put to the defense but can't find it now, any ides how I might locate this again?

Must say I am not looking forward to tomorrow, don't know what to do if they turn up Best wishes Tony

Hi Tony

Sorry for delay in replying not so well yesyerday. Hope you have coped okay today do email and let me know latest and I will try and help as much as possible. Goo mate.

Catherine Bear

xxx:)

• 2 weeks later...

:) :) Have been reading all the articles in the Daily Mail and watched Tonight with Sir Trevor really impressed but I felt like saying wthout the hel of everyone on this site and especially Marc Gander we got back £13,000!! Lots of people have read our thread and we have been so encouraged by it. We had such bad time of it we lost our lovely home because of the banks and mortgage companies okay we were probably too trusting. These people have a lot to answer for and through this site and their help at least lots of people are getting their money back. People have said to me I should write a book well do you know I think I just might so that others out there will not find theirselves in the state we did I was facing major surgery and at the same time loving our home and the banks and mortgagecompanies could not have cared less. Good luck to everyone out there fighting the good fight and lets go get the b.........s!

Catherine Bear

xx

Dear Cath Dave and Anney63, I just wanted you to know what an inspiration you all are, I have just put my court papers in for at grand total of £9100 and am terrified. One that I may lose and two that I have left it too late. However to see you all come throught it and win is just what we all need to hear.

Many many thanks

Fiona

8) FoxyFiona

:) Dear Fiona and Anney

First of all congrats to you Anney I remember back when you were first going through it and I just knew you would get there in the end as will you Fiona don't lose heart I am always here for you if you need help or encouragement. Well done to all of us who continue to fight the good fight against all these banks and building societies.

Catherine

xxx

good luck to you! I am waiting for a reply from abbey. Sent letter off last monday to claim 4500 but have heard nothing yet. Am getting ready to start the next phase. I wonder though if its better to write to them again after the 14 days is up or as some people think, to go straight to the small claims. Any suggestions?

:-|

Hi catherinebear

Please would you help me with filling in my AQ, it has to be back with the courts by Monday and Abbey have now sent a letter offering me half of my claim which is £2572.69. I read on your thread that you sent an additional letter with your AQ form about standard disclosure, would it help if I sent that in too?

My AQ form is not an N149 its an N150 (not sure if this makes a difference).

Starting to feel very scared now. Your thread definetly keeps me going though!

Thanks

Katie xx

:) Hi katie

Dont be frightened that what friends on this site are for. Of course I will help if you can send me a private message with your email details I will forward to you a copy of what I sent in plus the additional points which I think swung matters in our favour. Dont give up your nearly at the winning post!

Catherine

xxx

:) Hi Clippy

Have you sent the 1st or 2nd letter if its the 2nd letter I would now go to small claims either on line or to the County Court. If you need help just let me know. Good luck.

Catherine

xxx

Good Evening catherine,

I have today received a letter for GOGW for a payment of 660.00 against a claim of 3375.00 without interest they are saying they will credit my account within 10 days and if they do not hear from me within 8 weeks they will close the matter. Obviously back to templates and the next letter am driven by your detemination and hope for a speedy outcome. Regards:smile: :-x