grievance against HR advice needed.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5807 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a grievance going against my manager ( stage 2 ) at the moment. i need advice on the way HR are dealing with this ....

(1) it says in policy i should have all allegations against me 5 days prior to disciplinary , i got them the night before. my company recognise this was breach of policy but said it wouldnt have altered the outcome of the disciplinary so its irelevant ..

(2) I emailed my manager to say i was feeling bullied and intimadated - HR told my manager not to reply to me even though i stated i was distressed.

(3) i over heard my manager discussing confidential information with another person , she was discussing allegations against me and release the name of the person who'd made them. this info was protected under the data protection act and should have not been released , ( my manager wouldnt tell me who had complained) She was unaware that i had heard her disclose this info. at my 1st grievance i asked my manager have you discussed it with anyone else outside this office ? she replied certainly not its highly confidential.

(4) i asked HR to document this question in the minutes from the meeting , when i got the minutes it was left out ?

I amended them and the question was then put in .

(5) at my next meeting with senior management i disclosed that i had spoken to the person who had heard this confidential info and they had confirmed my boss had told them . i was given a verbal warning for discussing it with another employee.

(6) when i got my letter from the 1st grievance the verbal warning wasnt mentioned , does this warning still stand ?

(7) i have not received miuntes from my 1st grieveance 8 weeks ago , is this acceptable ?

(8) I asked if i could tape record my disiplinary and was refused ,

hope im not waffling :-)

any advice would be helpful.

Do you have a grievance or a disciplinary going on or both?

9/8 - Discovered Consumer Action Group Site:D

RBOS - Personal Account

10/8 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to RBOS

17/5 - Defence lodged by RBS

24/5 - Court date

21/5 - Offer received:rolleyes:

22/5 - Offer rejected

25/5 - New offer received and accepted!!!!!!

MBNA Credit Card

10/8 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to MBNA

Feb 07 Received payment in full...Yeh!!!!:-D

RBOS Business Account

25/5 - May 07 - Statements received

23/7 - Offered received

I have a grievance going against my manager ( stage 2 ) at the moment. i need advice on the way HR are dealing with this ....

(1) it says in policy i should have all allegations against me 5 days prior to disciplinary , i got them the night before. my company recognise this was breach of policy but said it wouldnt have altered the outcome of the disciplinary so its irelevant .. A Disciplinary Hearing is to establish the facts so you should have been given time to fully prepare for the hearing.

(2) I emailed my manager to say i was feeling bullied and intimadated - HR told my manager not to reply to me even though i stated i was distressed.

This would be correct, as it could be seen a part of the ongoing investigation.

(3) i over heard my manager discussing confidential information with another person , she was discussing allegations against me and release the name of the person who'd made them. this info was protected under the data protection act and should have not been released , ( my manager wouldnt tell me who had complained) She was unaware that i had heard her disclose this info. at my 1st grievance i asked my manager have you discussed it with anyone else outside this office ? she replied certainly not its highly confidential. This is really seperate issue. You need to stick to your original greivance and raise this so that it can be investigated fully.

(4) i asked HR to document this question in the minutes from the meeting , when i got the minutes it was left out ?

I amended them and the question was then put in . Not quite following this point.... you say YOU amended the minutes ?

(5) at my next meeting with senior management i disclosed that i had spoken to the person who had heard this confidential info and they had confirmed my boss had told them . i was given a verbal warning for discussing it with another employee. This really should be a seperate issue, and I would raise a seperate greivance about the verbal warning, if it is now on your personel file.

(6) when i got my letter from the 1st grievance the verbal warning wasnt mentioned , does this warning still stand ? Was a time limit given for the warning to stay on your personel file ? if not then yes.

(7) i have not received miuntes from my 1st grieveance 8 weeks ago , is this acceptable ? Was your request for the minutes in writing? if not I would do so.

(8) I asked if i could tape record my disiplinary and was refused ,

You had the right to your own representative did you not take this up, this person could have taken detailed notes

hope im not waffling :-)

any advice would be helpful.

Hope this is a help

BB

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

Thanks Andrew , but sorry what do you mean by BUMP ?

thanks

Means "Bring Up My Post" to the top of the pile. Sometimes there are unanswered posts a few hours old and it just brings them to other peoples attention.

BB

Please note: I am not a lawyer and as such any advice I give is purely from a laymans point of view;-)

thx Vonnie , i did have a disciplinary out of about 20 allegations against me my company found 1 charge substantiated ( i have refuted this charge from the beginning ) they gave me a 1st written warning . This chagre is a very serious allegation and theres no way i guilty of it! i have an excellent work record , exceeded appraisals and have excelled throughout my time with this company , my senior manager recieved a complaint and believed every word, her attitude towards me was nothing short of bullying , reducing me to tears. i was told the 1st warning stands and i cant appeal , i have now put in a seperate grievance regarding the way i have been treated . i believe my manager , her manager and HR are colluding against me , I just want someone nuetral to listen to me .

Hope this is a help

BB

Hi BeauBrummie , thanks your advice is very helpful ,

As i said i was only given the allegations against me the night before my disciplinary , i was faxed a copy of the letter written to my company but where it related to 3rd parties it was edited. I was gobsmacked when i saw what this person had written about me , it was slanderous and defamation of characture , it was even prejiduce. My company recognise i should have had it 5 days before but still say this point in my greivance is unsubstaniated .

should i have recieved any other evidence against me at this point ?

I appreciate that HR can tell my manager not to reply to emails i sent but surely its rude not to acknowledge them when im stating how im feeling ?

At my grievance when i was given a verbal warning i wasnt told how long it was on my record , surely i can gather my own evidence and discuss with another member of staff if i believe they hold relavent infomation ?

i over heard my manager discussing the person who had written the letter ( she named her ) then my boss denied naming her. i gathered evidence to say she did name this person then im given a verbal warning or doing so.

This is where the problem lies , i'm going to speak to my solicitor and issue this woman with a libel , but bearing in mind that im not suppose to know who has complained against me , can this woman then sue my company for disclosing information to me ? its all a bit tangled and complicated :-(

now this woman is hanging around my work place and home , I have evidence she has broken the law and i feel she's stalking me , The evidence i have would make her original complaint look like what it is a pack of lies !

i have told my company i want a meeting this week with them , should i wait to see what my comapny say this week or should i go straight to the police and report this woman for hounding me ?

cheers

Hi there, given the complexity of your situation, I think you are doing the right thing in consulting your solicitor. He/she will be able to direct you towards the correct course of action.

When is your appointment with the solicitor? you will need to take all the written evidence and documentation you have with you so they can get the correct picture.

Kind Regards

Ell-enn

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi I have a solicitor thats dealing with my grievance but he doesn't deal with libel ( i have another solicitor lined up for that ) my solicitor bill has risen to £1200 so far so im having to deal with one things at a time .

if my company recognise that im not able to work or them under the circumstances would they possibly come to a deal ?

if they ask me what im hoping for would i be unreasonable to ask for the following :

(1) i want the allegation and 1st written warning taken from my records

(2) i want to know where this person has sent this complaint about me, she wrote in her letter she has sent it to every care provider ( im concerned shes trying to ensure i never work again in my chosen profession )

(3) my tied accommadation is making me feel like aprisoner so my company should offer me another property?

(4) if proven innocent should my company be expected to pay my solicitor fees?

I have taken advice on these questions and was told they're not demands but rather what im entitled to , does anyone think my company might decide to pay me off rather than go down a tribunal route ?

P.s im concerned due to the nature of this case theres a strong possiblity it could hit the papers ! i really dont want that to happen and will do all i can to prevent it but it may be out of my hands .... im sure my company would be terrified of this hitting the headlines too