Need some help with a couple of letters please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5826 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is in relation to my earlier posting - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bailiffs-sheriff-officers/147688-urgent-help-please-panicing.html

To summarise the above, Incasso obtained a CCJ against me for £807 on behalf of Anglian Water, who passed it to Sherforce for enforcement. Incasso also added about £100 for their costs. They obtained a writ of fifa from the high court for the debt.

First I heard about all of this was when I checked my credit file and saw the CCJ on there.

Sherforce want a fortune for their 'costs' (they're claiming 3 visits were made, @£150/visit), making the total amount they are demanding £1700.

The National Debtline have told me that all that can be demanded is the amount of the original CCJ - £807, and that I can make payment direct to Incasso. I've spoken to Incasso again today, telling them this, and they are still saying that I need to deal with Sherforce, and pay their costs.

The National Debtline have told be today that I need to write some letters - one to Incasso offering payment of the CCJ amount, and one to Sherforce asking them for a breakdown of their costs. They also said that I should send a copy of the one to Incasso to the court, to show that I'm making efforts to pay, and this should allow me to pay the court direct if Incasso refuse. Wouldn't mind some clarification on this bit though, 'coz I thought the court couldn't accept the payment?

So, onto the point of this post...has anyone got any sample letters I can use? I want to clear this CCJ and get it marked as satisfied, 'coz we need to move house, and I'm told the Homelet application should be OK if this CCJ is satisfied. I'm just really struggling to come up with something suitable. On the one hand, I'm quite happy to pay the CCJ amount, but I'm really not happy about the costs which Incasso have added on, and I'm fuming about the costs Sherforce are trying to add on.

Also, about the copy of the letter to the court - I assume I should enclose some form of covering letter with this - anyone got any ideas on what I should put in that?

Really need to get this sorted out as quickly as possible; as I mentioned earlier, we need to move out of this house, and we've found the place we want to move to, but this unsatisfied CCJ is going to cause us a problem. Suppose I could enclose a copy of the letter I'm sending to Incasso and the court with the application, but doubt that'd do much good.

Any and all help gratefully received.

Thanks

You need to apply to the court that granted the CCJ to get the order varied ASAP. If you're on benefits the fee should be waived. The most important thing is to act before the court issue a warrant of execution.