Already paid Sanclare for an old littlewoods debt, now lowells after same debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5805 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In the last few months Lowell have been chasing a debt for a Littlewoods card that i previously had.

I believed that i paid off the debt via Sanclare Financial.

However as i have moved house a least twice since,

i have lost any record of paying off the debt.

I have tried to contact littlewoods to see if they have any address of Sanclare to help me prove that i paid this off.

I have no address for Sanclare.

Can anyone advise me of what to do,

as i don't want to pay it off twice or provide a contact address for sanclare.

Especially as i am being harrassed by lowell as they contually ring whilst i am at work and are saying that they are at the final stages and will be moving to a court judgement or something.

Please any help would be well appreciated

Carl

in the first instance send this to stop the phone calls

Re: Harassment by telephone

REFERENCE NUMBER:

Dear Sirs

I am writing in relation to the quantity and frequency of telephone calls that I have received from your company, which I deem to be personally harassing.

I now require all further correspondence from your company to be made in writing only.

I am of the view that your continued harassment of me by telephone puts you in breach of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act1997

If you continue to harass me by telephone, you will also be in breach of the Wireless TelegraphyAct (1949) and I will report you to both Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading, meaning that you will be liable to a substantial fine

Be advised that any further telephone calls from your company will be recorded.

Yours faithfully,

then i will find the prove it letter for you

Edited by excel1
who knows
  • Haha 1

All comments are well meant but i am not legally qualified only CAG educated:D

In the slight chance i have been helpful please click the scales:)

A court judgement for a non existant debt. I dont think so somehow. In addition to the above send them this as well

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

• Haha 1

beat me to it again! by the way i can now join the cabot fan cluub as they have just rung regarding a personal business matter,shame i wasnt available!

• 4 weeks later...

I post a thread earlier regards my supposed debt to Littlewoods which Lowell are trying to collect

I wrote a letter stating that i considered it harassment and they are not allowed to chase disputed debt

However they have now passed it on to Hamptons Legal

- could someone please give me some advice as to what to do next.

Regards Carl

Jackal37, Hamptons legal and lowell are the same company.

Firstly you need to get a CCA request to Lowells ,

and at the same time a letter to lowell to stop them harrasing you at work ,

it is against the law.

Hope fully somebody will come along and tell us a bit more about the DCA called SANCLARE.

All letters are on the template section,

get cracking nowsend them recorded delivery and do not sign them.

Manc1

MANC 1

Please bear in mind the onus is on Lowell to prove you owe them not for you to prove you dont. fell for that one before i found CAG, Lowell came after me and told me i had to prove it, chased paperwork fron everywhere to see if i kept anything, only got lucky when the company i did pay wrote to me giving me an update a year later for some reason that i had a zero balance. Do send CCA dont sign and send telephone harrassment letter all recorded delivery.

• Haha 1

Hi, Carl.

Letter 'N' in the Templates Library is the CCA request.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Send it wth a £1 Postal Order, and send it recorded.

Remember, don't sign the letter.

Here's the Telephone Harrasment letter.......

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/37006-harassment-telephone-response-letter.html

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert